Search

IC Ceylan Istanbul Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
I've booked private round-trip transfer for €70.
How?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by stimpy
How?
www.shuttledirect.com

It's a Spanish company affiliated with AmEx. They provide airport transfers all over Europe.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I decided to wing it and just took a normal taxi. It was 35 YTL (€20) with a tip.

At the hotel I was directed to the Club for check in. RA's get full Club access always. Amb members can use the Club, but have to pay for all they eat and drink. There are a few PC's in the club so I guess that is a nice thing for the AMB's.

I got an awesome view of the Bosphorus from my 17th floor Club room.

Nice health club, but from 12-2pm the Turkish bath is ladies only.

And as an aside I can heartily recommend the rooftop restaurant of the Armada hotel (near the Blue Mosque) for dinner. One of the all-time best views from a restaurant. ^
Old Jul 25, 2007, 3:09 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I stayed here each of the last two weekends, and had great experiences. I booked a very low rate (the "Luxury Weekend" package for EUR 192 per night including breakfast), but as RA was also given club access and an upgrade to a junior suite. Plus they brought fruit, wine, and chocolates, along with a note from the manager saying, "welcome back, mecabq." And the service overall was great. Both times they allowed me to check in at 7:30am, and one of the times I asked for a check-out at 5:30pm, which they obliged. (Sort of abusing the system, I know!)

I also spent some time by the pool, which was nice as well. Periodically they would bring by complimentary fruits (in a glass with ice) or ayran.

I have three slight complaints: (1) The bed was not as comfortable as most five-star hotels these days. (2) As a previous poster mentioned, the international phone rates are unbelievable. I think that it's EUR 17 per minute for a call to a Turkish GSM phone, something like EUR 30 per minute for a call to the U.S., and like EUR 55 for a call to the UAE. It's strange to be broken out this way -- there's a little card next to the phone with the rates, and it has something like 10 categories, including the three that I have cited. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the Turkish phone system can explain this. (3) The in-room internet doesn't work well. I think that I have stayed five times, and had trouble getting the internet to work four of the five. I am pretty adept at this, but they had to send an IT guy to fix the port or whatnot.

Overall, however, this is a first-class hotel.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 5:38 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by mecabq
Overall, however, this is a first-class hotel.
IMHO, it's not the worst IC on Earth, but very far from being good. Rooms are quite old, the staff is definitely not 5-star quality. The club lounge staff is especially unprofessional, slow and careless.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
IMHO, it's not the worst IC on Earth, but very far from being good. Rooms are quite old, the staff is definitely not 5-star quality. The club lounge staff is especially unprofessional, slow and careless.
Experiences often vary...but I had an excellent experience at the IC Istanbul. My Bosphorus view club room had very nice furnishings and I found the staff to be excellent. The club lounge staff was extremely quick to offer beverages and was also immensely helpful in an incident where we needed translation assistance for dealing with the Turkish police. I'd certainly return to the hotel in the future.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm. I had great internet in my room and it is of course free for Club guests. So I made very cheap local calls using Skype. I didn't have a problem with the bed, but I don't mind firm mattresses. I like the pool grill! Good eats.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Istanbul's IC Ceylan Hotel receives top awards (source:Turkish Daily News)

Istanbul's Ceylan InterContinental Hotel is about to break the record for the most awards won in 2007 with the Hotel of the Year on the European Continent and Leader Hotel awards.

The managers of the hotels within the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) for Europe, Middle East and Africa met in the UK for the ceremony. The awards were given in Berkshire at the Royal Ascot Racecourse, a venue that has hosted many celebrities, including Queen Elizabeth II. IHG President Kirk Kinsell presented the awards to Executive Committee Chairman Taha AltaylI and General Manager Fatih Senuslu who represented the Istanbul hotel.

The awards were given on the basis of obtaining the highest score on the Visitor Evaluation Index and the General Sufficiency Standard. This was the second time the Leader Award has been presented to the Istanbul InterContinental for the second time as it received the award is 2006 as well. The hotel was also named Hotel of the Year in 2005 and 2006.

(...)

Ceylan InterContinental Istanbul at Taksim Square is one of the notable tall buildings in that part of the city. It has 383 rooms of which 52 are suites.
Old May 29, 2009, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone have any recent experiences at this hotel as far as RA upgrades go? Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 3:27 pm

Hotels - IC Istanbul

It's too late now as we have already booked - but hoping to get good reviews from fellow FT'rs about this hotel. Any specific side we should ask for - we're doing exec club room.....
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
This is a very solid hotel in an ideal location. I have stayed many times and always had good service.

It's not as luxurious as the Hyatt Regency across the street, but should meet your needs in a club room. Try the InterContinental Hotels forum; there are some reviews there.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 3:10 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Because the topic of this thread is about a specific InterContinental Hotels property, the new home for this thread is now the InterContinental Hotels: Priority Club & Inter-Continental Ambassador forum.

Regards,

Canarsie
Senior Moderator
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Best side:

Bosporus view.
Spectacular view !!!

View to Taksim square / swimming pool is quite boring.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA: Concierge Key; Air China: Gold; Marriott/SPG: Lifetime Plat; Hyatt: Globalist; Hilton: Diamond
IC Istanbul.

Hey all,

I am planning on staying in IC Istanbul for honey moon. Did anyone stay at this IC before? Is it a good hotel locationwise? What is their upgrade policy for RA?

Thank you very much for your help.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 12:40 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
ah im also planning to use my free nights at this property? insights about upgrade for RA and its benifits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.