Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
I promised in another thread that I'd feedback any recommendations for restaurants etc on my return home, so here I am....

Firstly thankyou so much to demue for an absolutely stunning recommendation for the Villa Balquisse across the road from the IC. You won't find it unless you're really looking for it, as you have to go through the carpark of the place opposite - up a ramp, and through what looks like a security hut and car storage, and through a small opening in the hedge and you come across a stunning place. It's an amazing boutique hotel with GORGEOUS looking rooms, with a superb restaurant (we had lunch and dinner there on different days, and the food was amazing) - and a lovely spa which is about 1/5th price of the IC, which we both had massages and a flower petal bath in. Brilliant, and the girls working there were really friendly, and made us feel very at ease!

THANKYOU demue!!! I can highly recommend the place to others - BRILLIANT recommendation

Also, we discovered a lovely cheap pizza place if that's of interest, called "PEPeNERO" (http://www.pepenerobali.com). Again, it's not somewhere you'd necessarily find unless you were looking for it, so here are some rough directions.....
Turn right out of the IC, and walk as far as the large roundabout/intersection/crossroads thing. (There was a large billboard giving directions here at the time of our visit). Staying on the same side of the road as the IC, simply follow the road around to the right, and walk up the hill for a bit, which then curves around to the left. The houses disappear, and it looks like you're walking into the countryside. On the left hand side of the road there's the remains of what looks like a wrought iron bus-stop canopy, and on the right a carpark. You'll see a small sign for PEPeNERO. Walk up a load of steps (looks like the first few floors aren't used unless its busy, or for parties). At the top you'll be welcomed warmly. We stopped for Bintangs only on our first visit, and were still given welcome bruschetta and warm foccaccia with them. We went back a couple of times, and the pizzas were great! Lovely place for something different - incredibly cheap and within walking distance of the IC (take a torch at night). The view over Jimbaran bay was also good - you could see the glow from the beach and the smoke from all the Warangs. Lovely place!

Also, the seafood Warang on the Jimbaran beach (to the left of the hotel) we ate at was Menega (roughly the third one along from the hotel). The fish was stunningly good (especially so after the xxxth cocktail at the IC!! - kidding, it really was good) We had the "Crazy Yellow Fish" and lots of prawns - my word, they were good!

Last edited by markdg; Nov 25, 2011 at 1:55 am
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: IC Platinum Amb, HH Gold
Originally Posted by markdg
THANKYOU demue!!! I can highly recommend the place to others - BRILLIANT recommendation
Just wonder do u stay at this villa? Would you pls share how to get the best rate?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 2:43 am

No, didn't stay at Villa Balquisse. It has a website though (http://www.balquisse.com/) and is available through Mr and Mrs Smith as The Shaba (http://www.mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-hotels/the-shaba). As you can see by the photos, if you like that sort of place, it's rather stunning
Old Apr 27, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by markdg
I promised in another thread that I'd feedback any recommendations for restaurants etc on my return home, so here I am...
Those are some great recommendations. Will add this to our list. Thankyou!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 3:00 am

Well, that's interesting. It seems like since I posted they above, Villa Balquisse has updated its website

It seems that Villa Sharba is marketed separately (http://www.shaba-bali.com/) from a link from the main site - although in reality it's on the same site as Villa Balquisse

What you will see is a spa menu and pricelist now:

There's a PDF accessible on this page: http://www.shaba-bali.com/henna_spa.php

Hope that's of help to at least some people. I have to say, the next time we go to Bali, we'd be VERY tempted to stay here as it's stunning (although it's not on the beach, which detracts slightly....)
Old May 9, 2011, 11:45 pm

Programs: hyatt
gonna visit bali end of the year, will post review
Old May 10, 2011, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by ahshao
I'm planning for the honeymoon and relax trip before i start new carerr in new company. Will arrive at Bali on lunch 16 Jun'11 Thurs and stay till late afternoon 20 Jun'11 Mon.

Currently utilize IC Ambassador AWBWeekend voucher on Fri & sat night at Bali IC on Classic Room rate. Yet to book my Thurs and Sun night hotel stay.
Was planning for sightseeing, food hunting, Bali souviner shopping trip since it is our first time there.
Struggle with Bali IC and Conrad IC due to i accumulate enough point to get award night which 2 nights IC and 1 night Conrad.

Need advises on:
1) Should i consider to stay
a) all 4 night at Bali IC. Or
b) start first night at Conrad or
c) end last night at Conrad

2) Upgrade: thinking to spend money on shopping rather than hotel night. Did PC Platinum Ambassador get upgrade when request from hotel?

a) from classic to singaraja room
b) from classic to classic suite
c) from singaraja (if i pay more) to club room (is that possible with PC Platinum Ambassador)?

For the sake of honeymoon, is that worth to book singaraga room to get upgrade to singaraja duplex or club room (is that possible with PC Platinum Ambassador)?

3) When make arrangement for upgrade, email option is good enough? or phone will get the better chance of arrangement?

4) LOUNGE: I read that SINGARAJA LOUNGE only got snack and drink. Is it worth to pay USD 30 for that or use that for better meal at restaurant?

5) try to avoid airport transfer trouble. with Bali IC Classic Room book, did Bali IC still offer complement airport transfer? Did Conrad offer complementary airport transfer or only restrict to room type? how much need to pay if ask for hotel transport arrangement?

Appreciate your advise
If you're only staying 4 nights, I would stay all 4 at the IC so you're not wasting time changing hotels.

I'm pretty sure they rarely upgrade anyone to club at this hotel, but I believe you can buy club access when you check-in. Generally, I think Singaraja room would get upgraded to a Singaraja Duplex, not club.

Ambassador guarantees a one room upgrade. You can probably email the hotel and ask what they consider a one level upgrade.

The upgrade should be automatic for Ambassador.

I wouldn't pay $30 for the Singaraja lounge. The club lounge has pretty good value if you plan on being around the hotel to enjoy the various snacks and cocktail hours.

Don't think you'll get complimentary transport with a classic room or at the conrad. If you book a club room at the IC, I believe you still get free transport. You can always take a Bluebird taxi for cheap.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I second jjwjjw's comments. I can tell you that I also booked a Classic room using the Amb certificate rate (blo*dy inflated but okay) and another subsequent night at our corp rate which at this property just gives a 15% discount over best flexible rate I think, but that is better than booking all your nights (e.g 4 or 5) at the certificate rate which would be a waste of money.

The upgrade after my fall from RA that I can see online and confirmed through email by hotel is Classic room to Singaraja room which works just fine for me. Anything better upon arrival and I will be happy. Club upgrade is never happening unless you pay a cash supplement which was roughly 100USD a night I think. However, with the changes in Club offering (no all day menu items) and a plan to eat a lot outside of the hotel (incl. breakfast at some newish brunch places) I'm not inclined to pay that Club supplement. This works for us but may not be the right thing for others.

Definitely save the 30$ for food. Maybe consider a rate with breakfast as I have ot admit that that is pretty good at the IC and worth the money if you like big, lazy breakfasts.

Last edited by demue; May 10, 2011 at 10:12 pm
Old May 11, 2011, 12:35 am

We had it confirmed that if we wanted to stay on points and upgrade to club it would be $100 per night. The cocktails were great, and the quiet place to have breakfast was great, but the canapes were so so. In fact, we decided the best part about the club experience was the private pool.

The hotel said that they don't upgrade from Singaraja to Club. If you want club you have to pay for club.

Agree that $30 isn't worth it for the Singaraja snacks (from what I saw of them)

Probably worth mentioning that the Sunset Bar (beachfront bar) has "Happy Hour" (ie 50% off) drinks at around sunset - which I think makes a Bintang approx 28000.

When we were there in April, Club rooms get airport transfers but not others

Just to note, another place to eat is out of the front gate of the hotel and walk to the right. It's called "chocolate heaven" or similar. It looks like a swanky coffee shop, and was full of westerners in the same block as other big brands (inc l'Occitane). Seemed popular, but we didn't go in there. Might be a good place for a light breakfast?
Old May 15, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: IC Platinum Amb, HH Gold
Thanks for the advise from jjwjjw, demue and markdg. Will email to check what was my AMB upgrade and check out the breakfast place + Sunset bar
Old May 15, 2011, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by ahshao
Thanks for the advise from jjwjjw, demue and markdg. Will email to check what was my AMB upgrade and check out the breakfast place + Sunset bar
Make sure you also take in a couple meals at the restaurants on the beach. Just take a left and walk down the beach. Lots of good food and cheap!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: PC Plat/RA, LH FTL
Advice neede for room rate

I booked 2 stays for my family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child / 13 years old ) at the IC bali for the beginning of September. In the rate description no extra fee is listed also not for an extra bed for the child.
If I would select 3 adults for the on-line booking I should pay 70USD/day more for a club room and 85 USD/day for a Singaraja room with breakfast (actually this is quite interesting since the value of club room benefits should exceed the Singaraja soft drinks).
The extra charge is listed as following for club:
"An extra Person Charge of $70.00 (USD) per extra adult starting with the 3rd adult.
An extra person charge will be added to your room rate for each additional adult as indicated. At most locations, persons 19 & under stay free when sharing a parent's room. In Europe, Middle East and Africa, persons 18 & under stay free when sharing a parent's room."

I understood this description so as in most locations the age should be 19 & under to be free of charge. The other locations are those of Europe where the age is 18 & under.

In the booking confirmation mail IC Bali initially mentioned 100 USD for club room and 85 USD for Singaraja room as extra daily fee as the child is already considered as adult. This fee would be independent of using an extra bed or parents bed for the child.

After mentioning the IHG website they ask me now 70 for club and the above 85 for Singaraja.

I can see a need to pay a little more for breakfast for the 3rd person (actually 15 USD which was the difference between the rates with/without bfast) and also something (max. 70 USD) for the club.

If they want to charge for an extra bed they should not add the listed booking conditions for the child or should add "when staying in parents bed".

Would you flyertalker also understand the booking conditions as I did?

Should I just accept the extra fee in order to avoid any stress and just to look forward to a normal AMB upgrade?

Thank you very much for your advice.
Anyway I'm happy that I can sort this out before the stay and shall not do this at reception.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:50 pm

Quick question... Is there another email you guys have used besides [email protected] found on the site?

I have some questions about my booking, and my previous interactions a few month ago, the person manning the email was - shall we say - less forthcoming & constructive...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MagicWok
the person manning the email was - shall we say - less forthcoming & constructive...
To be honest with you that's what felt about them too.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:58 am

Just a small update - I have been emailing them the last week to sort the last bits out.

They seem a little more relaxed than they were previously. I was speaking to someone different this time, not sure if the previous person is still there. The name on each reply did change.

Though I still get the feeling they are pretty down-the-line still. I'm on an F&F rate. Some RA's in the past seemed to get lucky, I have a feeling I won't being a standard AMB, I'll let you know though.

Just around a week till I'm there. If there's anything anyone wants me to report on whilst there, leave a message here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.