Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2011, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
I can look later tonight but think a one hour massage at the IC spa is 550,000 IDR.
Ok thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Yes indeed, offered without asking.

I was stuffed from tea yesterday! Four courses (granted one of which is a chocolate) and we didn't even finish each course.

Between the gigantic breakfast buffet, tea, and canapes I didn't have room for anything else. Oh, except some sparkling wine of course.
Haha yeah. I couldn't finish 4 types of sandwich everyday.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:54 am

Maybe I don't understand the thought process behind the apparently permanent switch to plated appetizers, but given how thorough the breakfast still is, I'm surprised they couldn't have the spoon board every night. We are still having a very enjoyable stay but the discontinuance of the all day snack menu and limited evening selection are changes I'm less than excited about. Breakfast is still fantastic, especially some of the Japanese options.

In terms of internet, as a lowly Platinum Ambassador I have received a code for free wifi on my last three stays. Wifi signal seems generally quite solid although isn't that great upstairs in the duplex rooms. I also recall it not working that well in the Jimbaran suites, but that was a year or so ago now.

I personally don't mind the lack of the airside meet on arrival that changed a little ago due to new regulations. The visa on arrival process seems much more streamlined than it used to be and have had not more than a five minute wait to get through on both recent trips - one a mid-afternoon arrival and the other a late evening arrival. Car to the IC was a Mercedes - don't recall what model.
Its old version of Mercedes S-350 if I'm not mistaken.Finally I made full review on tripadvisor.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
Ok thanks.
Correction, the one hour (really 50 minute) massage at the spa is 450,000 IDR++
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Anyone? Or if anyone can remember what a 1 hr Balinese massage costs at the IC spa?
The place I was referring to that is accross the street from the IC is called Villa Balquisse. Good spa and restaurant and more affordable than IC though not dirt cheap. Make reservations ahead of time.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Putra

Finally I made full review on tripadvisor.
I've just read your TA review - very good. I see you've also stayed at the Lone Pine in Penang which has now been refurbished. We stayed there years ago and loved it - reminds me we must go back to Malaysia soon.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I've just read your TA review - very good. I see you've also stayed at the Lone Pine in Penang which has now been refurbished. We stayed there years ago and loved it - reminds me we must go back to Malaysia soon.
Thanks. Warm welcome from Malaysian ^
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correction, the one hour (really 50 minute) massage at the spa is 450,000 IDR++
Thats not a bad price considering.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got back from this resort and posted a brief review here

If anyone has any more questions then please ask.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:22 am

Just got back from this resort and posted a brief review here

If anyone has any more questions then please ask.
Nice upgrade but shame about the Club Lounge access with the baby. I'm sure when we were there in Feb there was a notice saying those with children could have drinks in the evening at another location. You could have had afternoon tea in the lounge as the restriction on children in the lounge only applies in the evening.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Nice upgrade but shame about the Club Lounge access with the baby. I'm sure when we were there in Feb there was a notice saying those with children could have drinks in the evening at another location. You could have had afternoon tea in the lounge as the restriction on children in the lounge only applies in the evening.
Thats true. They did serve drinks at the pool bar. No big deal though. I enjoyed the trip but next time I will book cheapest room and go for upgrade to normal suite rather then take club access if I travel with kids.

The room was excellent and also to confirm that RA's do get 2 tier upgrade. You just have to ask nicely for it.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 1:50 am

Thats true. They did serve drinks at the pool bar. No big deal though. I enjoyed the trip but next time I will book cheapest room and go for upgrade to normal suite rather then take club access if I travel with kids.
Or you could throw your kids at the kids club and enjoy your cocktail. Afterall, you have an eternity with your kids, but only a few days to enjoy Club at IC Bali.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
Or you could throw your kids at the kids club and enjoy your cocktail. Afterall, you have an eternity with your kids, but only a few days to enjoy Club at IC Bali.
True. Looked into that too but the kids club is only for over 6yr olds.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
3 day sale (April 21-23, 2011): 30% off all room rates. Rate code is advance pruchase, IDAVP.

Link http://www.intercontinental-bali.com...04/eflyer.html

Book http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...ferences=IDAVP
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Amb, HH Gold
Bali IC vs Conrad, upgrade, lounge, airport transport advise needed.

I'm planning for the honeymoon and relax trip before i start new carerr in new company. Will arrive at Bali on lunch 16 Jun'11 Thurs and stay till late afternoon 20 Jun'11 Mon.

Currently utilize IC Ambassador AWBWeekend voucher on Fri & sat night at Bali IC on Classic Room rate. Yet to book my Thurs and Sun night hotel stay.
Was planning for sightseeing, food hunting, Bali souviner shopping trip since it is our first time there.
Struggle with Bali IC and Conrad IC due to i accumulate enough point to get award night which 2 nights IC and 1 night Conrad.

Need advises on:
1) Should i consider to stay
a) all 4 night at Bali IC. Or
b) start first night at Conrad or
c) end last night at Conrad

2) Upgrade: thinking to spend money on shopping rather than hotel night. Did PC Platinum Ambassador get upgrade when request from hotel?

a) from classic to singaraja room
b) from classic to classic suite
c) from singaraja (if i pay more) to club room (is that possible with PC Platinum Ambassador)?

For the sake of honeymoon, is that worth to book singaraga room to get upgrade to singaraja duplex or club room (is that possible with PC Platinum Ambassador)?

3) When make arrangement for upgrade, email option is good enough? or phone will get the better chance of arrangement?

4) LOUNGE: I read that SINGARAJA LOUNGE only got snack and drink. Is it worth to pay USD 30 for that or use that for better meal at restaurant?

5) try to avoid airport transfer trouble. with Bali IC Classic Room book, did Bali IC still offer complement airport transfer? Did Conrad offer complementary airport transfer or only restrict to room type? how much need to pay if ask for hotel transport arrangement?

Appreciate your advise

Last edited by ahshao; Apr 23, 2011 at 1:16 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.