Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Quick question on the difference on brands:

Do they see Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn as two different brands or Holiday Inn Express rolls up into Holiday Inn?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
Quick question on the difference on brands:

Do they see Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn as two different brands or Holiday Inn Express rolls up into Holiday Inn?
HI and HIX are separate brands
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
It seems they have extended the qualifying period for this promotion to the end of the year (31 December 2018).
At first I thought it was just the double points portion that has been extended...but now it seems like it's any of the challenges.
After login it states 45 days left to complete offers, which would bring us to 31 December 2018.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:13 pm

Now it is unlimited double your points until December 31st! So on mine it says: Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points. So now once I get by that 15,000 or what ever your number is you will still be able to earn double!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:00 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
It seems the unlimited double points kick in if and only if you have completed your Accelerate tasks.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:10 am

This is one of the most unclearly communicated and convoluted promotions I have seen.

Mine also has used confusing language re “after the second stay” vs. “beginning with the second stay”. The former, to me, means beginning on the third stay, while the latter of course means beginning on the second stay.

I am just saving screenshots and will just hope this posts. Otherwise, as is often the case with IHG, I will eventually chase down the points.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
This is one of the most unclearly communicated and convoluted promotions I have seen.
To be honest, most of the IHG bonus promotions have had contradictory and confusing terms and conditions for the last 2 years now.
They are cost cutting on employee salaries, and boy does it show in more ways than one.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Nov 16, 2018 at 12:47 pm
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
It seems they have extended the qualifying period for this promotion to the end of the year (31 December 2018).
At first I thought it was just the double points portion that has been extended...but now it seems like it's any of the challenges.
After login it states 45 days left to complete offers, which would bring us to 31 December 2018.
When I read the T&Cs of the email I received, it appears to me also that this whole Accelerator promotion now ends on 12/31 and not 12/16.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:29 am

Mixed messages:

-Double Points Offer: Double points will be awarded on all Qualifying Stays starting on your second Qualifying Stay, between 16 September 2018 and 16 December 2018 (both dates inclusive).
-Two Weekend Stays Offer: Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays, including a Saturday night, and for a minimum of 2 consecutive nights, have been consumed by the member between 16 September 2018 and 16 December 2018 (both dates inclusive) at...

-Each Offer must be completed between 16 September 2018 and 31 December 2018 (both dates inclusive)
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 1flyer
It seems the unlimited double points kick in if and only if you have completed your Accelerate tasks.
Thankfully that doesn't appear to be the case as I've so far only completed 2 of 3 original offers but I've today received a "Double Points Unlimited" entry in my Rewards Club account with points equating to the double points I would otherwise had received for my last few stays had I not already hit the original 15,000 limit for the offer.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by olympian
Thankfully that doesn't appear to be the case as I've so far only completed 2 of 3 original offers but I've today received a "Double Points Unlimited" entry in my Rewards Club account with points equating to the double points I would otherwise had received for my last few stays had I not already hit the original 15,000 limit for the offer.
Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration").

Double points will be awarded on all Qualifying Stays starting on your second Qualifying Stay, between 16 September 2018 and 16 December 2018 (both dates inclusive). Maximum bonus award is 15,000 bonus points during this campaign (on top of base points earned).

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...8/terms.ddxx.1
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by adobbing
Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration").

Double points will be awarded on all Qualifying Stays starting on your second Qualifying Stay, between 16 September 2018 and 16 December 2018 (both dates inclusive). Maximum bonus award is 15,000 bonus points during this campaign (on top of base points earned).

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...8/terms.ddxx.1
They're the original terms and conditions, now superceded by the altered offer with double points no longer bieng capped at 15,000 points. The query was whether you first needed to complete all of the original offers to benefit from the unlimited double points. It appears not
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:00 am

So I also received the backpayment in points for exceeding 15,000 double points before this promotion was made unlimited. I have not achieved the other accelerate targets.

I've now had another stay post (checkout was Friday) yet it has posted without the double points - only base points & spire points; nothing for this promotion. Oh IHG do love to confuse
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Lionheart
Oh IHG do love to confuse

This is what will happen more and more as companies (like IHG) take cost cutting to the extreme, and use bargain basement IT systems, and hire 3rd world overseas staff on much less than 1st world minimum wage salaries.

Expect much more of things NOT working correctly in the future.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Lionheart
So I also received the backpayment in points for exceeding 15,000 double points before this promotion was made unlimited. I have not achieved the other accelerate targets.

I've now had another stay post (checkout was Friday) yet it has posted without the double points - only base points & spire points; nothing for this promotion. Oh IHG do love to confuse
I am left with one more task to complete. No backpayment in points for exceeding 15,000 double points. Also, my recent stay just posted today with no double points. Only base points and spire points.

My next stay will be a 7-day stay which will complete all tasks. I wonder if that 7-day stay will be eligible for unlimited double points or if I should just complete the task ahead of the 7-day stay. The only task now for completion is to have a weekend stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.