Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by MXM135
I reside in Canada and received the same response from a supervisor at the IHG Rewards call centre. I was told that the 'unlimited points' extension was limited to US and UK residents only. I responded that the revised T&Cs that were mailed to me and in my account had no such restriction. He put me on hold for a number of minutes and told me that the restriction was only distributed locaIly within IHG (probably to the call centre staff) and there was no residency restriction in the published T&Cs.

I suggested that IHG issue an apology to all members and he noted my comment for the record - not sure if they will. He recalculated the points owed and posted them to my account.

mxm135
Thanks. I just login to my account and seems like there is no indication of residency:
https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...ints2018/terms

I will drop an email to them to see what they have to say about this. There is no toll-free line to call from Singapore and it is painful to claim the points from them.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
My last stay was Dec 31 check in, Jan 2 check out. Didn’t get double points, but I didn’t find it specified in the t&c
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Is there even going to be a promotion for Q1?
it's out already https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...on-open-7.html
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by r0me0
My last stay was Dec 31 check in, Jan 2 check out. Didn’t get double points, but I didn’t find it specified in the t&c
Worth chasing IHG over. My wife checked out on Jan 1st from a one night stay and no double points posted. She contacted IHG who said it was because she only registered for the promo on the 4th October and this was her first stay. She’d actuqlly registered (well I had registered her!) on the 2nd September and had a stay in Amsterdam later that month so this was her second stay. Sent screenshots of the registration email and stay and they quickly did a manual adjustment
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:27 am

Glitch preventing points from posting

I registered for the double points promo in fall 2018, which became unlimited (was originally capped at 15,000 bonus points). The double points for my stays never posted. I called IHG this morning, they said there was a glitch in the system that resulted in the double points not posting, so they manually added the points to my account (18,500 points). So if you were entitled to double points for stays last fall and didn't get them, call!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.