Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite,Star Alliance
Originally Posted by 1flyer
It seems the unlimited double points kick in if and only if you have completed your Accelerate tasks.
Not true in my case...I will not get the corporate bonus as I do not have a corporate acct..BUT the double points are posting already
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Markx
Not true in my case...I will not get the corporate bonus as I do not have a corporate acct..BUT the double points are posting already

You can set up a corporate account with the hotel on your own!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Markx
i was told the unlimited double points are for UK and US members only
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by hclee01
I am left with one more task to complete. No backpayment in points for exceeding 15,000 double points. Also, my recent stay just posted today with no double points. Only base points and spire points.

My next stay will be a 7-day stay which will complete all tasks. I wonder if that 7-day stay will be eligible for unlimited double points or if I should just complete the task ahead of the 7-day stay. The only task now for completion is to have a weekend stay.
i've received back payment of points the double points are posting, and i haven't completed all tasks.

i would call.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i've received back payment of points the double points are posting, and i haven't completed all tasks.

i would call.
Thanks. I have emailed to IHG Ambassador Service Centre and it is bringing me around in circles. The first agent said that the double points have been posted, in which I responded that this was the double points for being the Spire elite member. The second agent said that I have maxed out the 15K double points and I am no longer eligible to receive double points. I have just emailed them the screen shot showing the double points and see what they said. Will post back if I do hear from them.
Tim O'Brien likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Thanks. I have emailed to IHG Ambassador Service Centre and it is bringing me around in circles. The first agent said that the double points have been posted, in which I responded that this was the double points for being the Spire elite member. The second agent said that I have maxed out the 15K double points and I am no longer eligible to receive double points. I have just emailed them the screen shot showing the double points and see what they said. Will post back if I do hear from them.
I've started using FB messenger to contact them and it seems much more efficient than emailing. Usually get a reply within an hour or so.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by strickers
I've started using FB messenger to contact them and it seems much more efficient than emailing. Usually get a reply within an hour or so.
I’ve been using this method or DM on Twitter for over a year now and agree 100% it’s much quicker than email or contact form from the website.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
This is really going in circles with the latest response being that the unlimited double points promo is only for US and UK based members. Will try to send FB message and see if I can get some clarity on this. Will post back if there are new developments.

Update: IHG FB messenger advised to continue to follow up the matter over email since I started the query there. sigh.

Last edited by hclee01; Nov 25, 2018 at 6:35 pm Reason: New updates
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:54 pm

The online chat on the website is the easiest!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:19 am

It is indeed frustrating. Seems like they have closed my case with this email:

Hello Mr. hclee01,

I see you spoke with my colleagues. Thank you for writing back!

My name is DXXX and I'm sorry for the confusion and inconvenience this matter has caused to you. I wish to confirm that the maximize points earning for this promotion is only 15,000 points. Since you already reached the maximum earnings, succeeding stays will no longer earn double points.

Nonetheless, you can be sure that your comments are properly documented in reference number 10XXXXXX. We take feedback seriously and rest assured that we'll do our best to improve our promotions.

In the meantime, please let us know if you need anything else; we're always here to help.

Kind regards,
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Hi, All,

I tried to scroll through the various threads to see this, but I can't seem to find it. It seems that I am now having a really hard time trying to find the dashboard to see where I am in regards to my progress of achieving the promo.

Is it still available? if so, is there a link? Thank you in advance
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by hoangb
Hi, All,

I tried to scroll through the various threads to see this, but I can't seem to find it. It seems that I am now having a really hard time trying to find the dashboard to see where I am in regards to my progress of achieving the promo.

Theres a link in post one of this thread that still working for me. If you have the up to date version of the app it's also in the offers section there.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Hi, All,

google "IHG Double Points"
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:09 pm

Hi, All,

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/doublepoints2018?
tbm13 and JohnM5 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Thanks much for the link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.