Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Worked out well for me, 74k points for which I only had to turn one reward stay into a paid one.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:59 pm

AMB Bogof query

Just before I go on to IHG and make a fool of myself can someone confirm that the first night of an AMB bogof weekend is definitely qualifying.

My stay from last week has posted as non-qualifying and has obviously not ticked off my last brand that was required for 23k in points.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Both nights for me went down as qualifying, IIRC there was a hiccup when the stay originally posted and a correction appeared a few days later.
chrism20 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by strickers
Both nights for me went down as qualifying, IIRC there was a hiccup when the stay originally posted and a correction appeared a few days later.
Thanks, I'll drop them a message and hopefully it will get sorted out easily.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
So c’mon IHG where is the 2019’promo?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:55 am

Very curious too...have 4 stays across three brands internationally next month which has generally been good for me under accelerate promos.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: NZ
It certainly looks like the next Accelerate won't start on 1 January, but I am hopeful for 15 January. I need to schedule some stays for February, but want to see what my tasks are.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:09 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
They'll release info soon
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by cln
They'll release info soon
good, I trust we have someone here inthe know. Would have been sad if they did not release any Accelerate but just followed a boring path of no games. I only burnt my points this year and bought Amb to give em a last chance for 2019 so I am expecting enticing promos
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by hclee01
Can I check where are you based? I was told by agents that the unlimited bonus points is limited to US and UK based members only.
I reside in Canada and received the same response from a supervisor at the IHG Rewards call centre. I was told that the 'unlimited points' extension was limited to US and UK residents only. I responded that the revised T&Cs that were mailed to me and in my account had no such restriction. He put me on hold for a number of minutes and told me that the restriction was only distributed locaIly within IHG (probably to the call centre staff) and there was no residency restriction in the published T&Cs.

I suggested that IHG issue an apology to all members and he noted my comment for the record - not sure if they will. He recalculated the points owed and posted them to my account.

mxm135
Tim O'Brien likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have got a funny feeling that an Accelerate won't be released, at least not as we know it. There might be something similar to what we've just had, with extra points offered for tiered, multiple stays. There are also one off, independent promotions, such as the one offering a free night following 2 stays at certain hotels in the UK. I reckon some info about Accelerate would have come out by now, even if it is starting on 15th January.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
So, regarding the double points offer where it says "up to 15,000"?

If all other tasks are fulfilled, and I don't reach the 15K max on double points, do I qualify for the achievement bonus? Or do you have to get to 15000? That part isn't clear to me.
Just curious whether anyone has any additional insight on this?

I've completed all tasks, but the "earn double points, up to 15k points max." shows 60% progress and the achievement badge as incomplete, suggesting one actually has to earn the full 15k bonus points via the "double points" badge.

This is *not* at all how I read the T&C. I'd read the T&C to mean "earn double points at least once (but you'll earn a max. of 15k points)". If it's "spend at least enough $xxxx to earn 15k bonus points, but you won't earn more than 15k bonus points", then this one was far from clear.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I did not get my achievement bonus until I hit the 15,000 double points. It was the only thing that I had left. Sorry.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Is there even going to be a promotion for Q1?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Is there even going to be a promotion for Q1?
Nobody knows yet. There is however a thread about the possibility - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...te-2019-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.