Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Reports from before 2018 may be found here.
Print Wikipost

Please post your Reward Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: IHG Spire; Hilton Diamond
Kimpton Taconic Hotel - Manchester, Vermont

One night stay at the Kimpton Taconic Hotel 7/6/18 - 7/7/18.

What is your Priority Club status?

Spire.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Standard King (can't remember exactly how it was phrased during booking) on points redemption. Upgraded to cottage room which was a two room king suite.

How are the rooms?

Very nice. Spacious and well furnished. Cottages are private being away from the main hotel building.

How was your complimentary welcome amenity?

Personalized welcome note. Cheese, crackers, two bottles of spring water, and two bottles of local beer (Long Trail Ale). There was also a social hour offering free wine tasting. I just wish the note indicated what the cheeses were as they were delicious.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take?

Used it towards a cocktail at the bar.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive?

N/A. Didn't eat at the restaurant.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value?

No. Don't know if the hotel participates as we weren't offered anything spa related.

What was good and what was bad?

Good: Central location in the Green Mountains. Was greeted warmly by staff and upgraded without any issues. Lots of privacy in the cottage room. Hand written
welcome note and amenities were a nice surprise as I normally stay at low- and mid-level IHG properties. Bikes available for use to ride into town. Great porch for relaxing and enjoying a drink. Gym was good for a quick workout.

Bad: Just noticed while trying to look back at what room I booked that I was charged $11 for gummy bears and potato chips from the mini bar that we definitely did not take. Probably too late to fight this and my own fault for not checking the bill sooner so will let it go. Didn't use the pool but it is only a lap pool (maybe 6 to 8 feet wide) if you are looking for something your kids can splash around in (not an issue for us but could be for some folks).

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Good value at 50,000 pts. A much nicer experience than some 70,000 Intercontinentals I've stayed at. Yes, would definitely return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Hotel Eventi New York City

Spire Ambassador (not Inner Circle)

For the most part, yes.

Booked an entry-level room using points on a Friday night (I left a comment on the reservation that we were there for our anniversary). Upgraded to a Premiere Suite.

How are the rooms?
As good as you can reasonably expect for a hotel of this caliber. Everything was nice, and the bathroom was downright luxurious. Nice view overlooking the southern edge of Midtown.

[If you are Spire]
Did not receive one officially, but for our anniversary, they delivered a free bottle of champagne with cupcakes to our room while we were at the wine hour.

Yes, I took a half-bottle of merlot for $30 ($15 after the credit) because you can't have enough wine on your anniversary.

No, but I didn't plan on eating onsite anyway. I don't think I was eligible for it regardless.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value?
N/A

• The wine hour was a solid chance to get a free buzz in NYC and mingle with the other guests.
  • The service throughout the stay, while never bad, wasn't as warm and personal as the Kimpton reputation suggests. It may be because...
  • The lobby is an absolute zoo during check-in and check-out times (this applies to the elevators too). It's the most glaring reminder that this isn't a bona fide luxury hotel.
70k points per night should correlate to a top-tier luxury property, which it isn't. However, the amount of free vino compensated for its shortcomings. I'm torn if it it was actually a good value or not, but wouldn't hesitate to return if cash-rates were cheap.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Donovan DC

Donovan DC

Inner Circle

Yes

Booked a King Executive room, received an upgrade to an inside suite, two rooms including a dining room table. Bath had shower only, they have a few rooms with a circular shower which protrudes into the bedroom area but is mostly opaque, and this was one of those.

How are the rooms?
Very comfortable, except the sofa seat was a little narrow. Two different AC units which was nice, I could run the AC in the living room while I was sleeping and not have the bedroom AC blowing on me.

[If you are Spire]
Bourbon and fruit, pretty much what I asked for but I could have used a bottle of still water as well.

Yes, I had a $25 total credit due to the secret password credit. Big bag of popchips, big bottle of water, some cookies

N/A. The restaurant is closed for renovation/re-concepting, and is going to reopen around the end of the year. They did have a small buffet breakfast, but I didn't partake.

N/A

Pretty much all good. It's a small hotel, but I really like the location. It's on 14th so it's a straight shot in from Reagan with taxi/rideshare. I'm at about 80% on being upgraded to some sort of suite. Front desk staff are uniformly friendly.

They have a small swimming pool, but it's only open 8am-5pm because it also doubles as their rooftop bar area. The elevators are very slow, and one is perpetually out of service.

Worst thing is that they didn't waive the amenity fee, which gets taxed so it runs about $25. Fortunately the client for which I was there to visit will cover that, but note that many (all?) Federal clients will not reimburse for the amenity fee.

For the area between Dupont Circle and the White House, it's a good value if you're able to get a small suite. Without Inner Circle status, I'd probably pick the Homewood Suites on the other side of Thomas Circle.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:35 am

Kimpton Shorebreak, Huntington Beach, California

Spire Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked the baseline standard room (no specific bed type) and requested two beds. Received an ocean view suite with two queens and private balcony.

How was your complimentary welcome amenity? Pretty good! Bottle of good pinot (not the wine hour selection), a generous cheese board, 6 huge and delicious housemade cookies, 2 bottles of sparkling water, 1 large bottle of still Panna water.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? Yes. Artisan chocolate bar.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? We only had breakfast and lunch in the hotel restaurant. The chef’s taste promo applies only to dinner.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? No.

Good - very friendly front desk staff, great wine hour also with snacks, soft drinks and beer, beautiful hotel courtyard with free s’mores kits. Resort fee was waived for my Inner Circle status.

Bad- terrible water pressure thanks to those water-saving heads, maids who knocked despite late checkout and DD sign, horrendously bad waffles at breakfast.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Overall a great value for my 229 rate. Would definitely return.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by Graf von B; Sep 2, 2018 at 5:04 am
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:55 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Kimpton La Peer (West Hollywood, CA)

Kimpton La Peer (West Hollywood, CA)

Spire Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I used a Karma Free Night Award, which booked into a Superior Juliet Balcony King. A few days before my reservation, the hotel upgraded me to a Terrace King. When I checked in, I was upgraded again into the Terrace Suite.

How are the rooms? The suite was quite spacious and comfortable at 750 square feet. The standard rooms are only 315 square feet, and would be a little cozy, I think.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? Very nice; a bottle of Coke Zero and sparkling water, chocolate cupcakes and chocolate-covered cashews and bark,

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? Yes - Tate's mini chocolate chip cookies and Rip Van Waffles snickerdoodle stropwaffels.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? No; we had dinner elsewhere.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? No

Good - Amazing property and great value for use of a free night. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Good location with lots of cafes and restaurants nearby. The hotel offers free Uber Select service to/from the hotel to locations within a mile radius.

Bad - The view from the terrace rooms on the second floor are mostly of the high terrace wall and the roof of the commercial building next door. The people in the room above us had heavy feet so I could hear some thumping.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Standard rooms are in the $300-$500 range with suites closer to $750-$1000. A regular room is a good use of points, even better with a cert. A suite upgrade here is about as much value as you can get out of a free stay.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Kimpton Amara Resort and Spa Sedona

[What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard room on credit card free night received one bedroom Creekside suite

How are the rooms? We loved ours. We had three balconies with views of the creek. The room was quite spacious.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? Didn't receive.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? Yes. One can coke, one sprite and one bottle of Gatorade. Exactly $10.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? N/A

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? No but it was offered.

What was good and what was bad? We loved the room, the pool and the kids loved the outdoor games they had near the pool. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. Room was equipped with Keurig coffeemaker. There was nothing bad. Just a note, we were charged the resort fee on our free night.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Considering this was the credit card free night it was a score. At 65,000 points it would still be worth it. I would definitely return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Kimpton Monaco Pittsburgh

Kimpton Monaco Pittsburgh

What is your Priority Club status? Spire Elite/Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I booked a standard queen (on gov't rate at that) and received upgrade to full suite.

How are the rooms? Suite was huge...700sq ft...probably higher. I had a long hallway to give you an idea. 2 closets. 2 bookshelves with books. Large and spacious bedroom and very large living room. View sucked however...skyscrapers all around it meant the view was looking at a building a mere 10 feet away.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? It was good and bad. I hate sparkling water and that was the beverage provided vs a beer or something else. Fresh fruit was delicious. Beef Jerky was high quality.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? I took a large Fred Water.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? Room service...N/A

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? N/A

What was good and what was bad? Parking was expensive. Everything else was amazing. excellent location.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Again my stay was gov't rate so I kinda cheated. $150 including taxes. $150 including taxes for a suite is an extreme deal and never to be expected but always grateful for.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:50 am

Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam

Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam

Spire Inner Circle

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Four night award stay using points and free night cert booking into Standard King. Upgraded to Studio King With Terrace

How are the rooms? The terrace rooms are on the top floor and are on the side facing away from the street (Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal) outside and was very quiet. There was a slight noise from the tram running outside and the carrilon chimes from the Oude Kerk during daylight hours. There was an unobstructed view of the De Wallen and Centrum districts outside. The terrace has two outdoor chairs and small table which made for lovely mornings sitting outside and enjoying the views and sounds over a morning espresso. Top floor rooms have a sloping ceiling with window/skylights. The room furnishing are a little sparse but still stylish. There was no formal closet or dresser to store clothes. The bathroom had a shower stall but no tub and also very little space to store toiletry items. The bed was very comfortable and the climate control was easy to use and keep the room a comfortable 22C.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? The standard amenity for elites seems to be coupons for a free pilsner from the restaurant bar and a free drink of the day at the House Bar (mine was a spiked punch). Personalized enhancements were a few bottles of Coke Zero and sparkling water. We also arrived after Wine Hour so were given coupons to redeem for free wine at the restaurant. When redeemed, we were offered free glasses of the same wine that was poured at Wine Hour (very drinkable Spanish red and white).

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? The benefit wasn't mentioned at check-in and I didn't see anything worth taking.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? Yes; the chef prepared an appetizer of grilled octopus with sliced chorizo over ricotta.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? No / Hotel does offer spa services.

Good - Friendly staff, fresh decor, good selections for Wine Hour. Convenient location to the Centraal Station and canal tours. Walking distance to many points of interest and also on major tram line. Decent food at restaurant and very cozy bar. IHG elite status recognition is good. I found a grocery store and great bakery/cafe and a FEBO automat (if that is your thing) within two blocks of the hotel. Area seemed pretty safe and clean. We arrived by Eurostar from London so walked over from the station (5 min). We departed from AMS and were able to purchase the Sprinter train tickets from Central to Schipol Airport from the concierge and have them charged to our room, which was very convenient.

Bad - Cable cut in the neighborhood killed the WiFi for the last three days of our stay. At check out, about 40 Euro of food and beverage charges was removed from our bill as compensation. Rooms and bathrooms are somewhat small. Full breakfast (buffet) is a little pricey at 21 Euros per person (one can order off the menu or ask for a Continental buffet).

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Very good value and upgrade for a points stay.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 26, 2018 at 4:59 am
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:59 am

Kimpton EPIC Hotel (Miami, FL)

Kimpton EPIC Hotel (Miami, FL)

Spire Inner Circle

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Premier King (Points Award); upgraded to EPIC 29 Junior Suite

How are the rooms? The suite was located on the 29th floor and had a nice view of the Miami River along with the pool deck on the 16th floor. To the distance we could see Marlins Park in LIttle Havana and MIA. We found the living area to be very spacious and overall, the decor was very modern and chic. Bed was comfortable with very plush linens. There was a small balcony adjacent to the bedroom but it was too hot and muggy to linger out there, The bathroom was huge with a dual sink vanity, shower stall and separate spa tub. The overall noise was very quiet except for a few heavy planes departing from MIA that passed over us.

Note that there is an executive lounge on the 29th floor and while it is layed out like a regular hotel lounge, it is not staffed or stocked as one. Basically, it is a large room with tables, a balcony, a restroom, and a Nespresso machine. You need to use a room key to access it.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? Pathetic; two bottles of Pellegrino and a chocolate bar; I think they forgot to prepare one for us and scrambled to make something up.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? Yes - bags of Yucca and Plantain chips at $5 each.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? Yes; it was a serving for the table (six guests) of the same goat cheese puffs that was served during wine hour. Like the amenity, pretty mediocre.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? No

Good - Good elite recognition. Friendly staff, fresh decor, nice location away from the crowds of South Beach. A few restaurants in the area.

Bad - Outside of the immediate area, the business district gets pretty sketchy at night. The wait for a car from the valets averaged 15 minutes or so. Welcome amenity and food at restaurant not up to par with other Kimptons.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Given the quality of rooms and upgrades, I would return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Kimpton George - Washington DC

Spire Inner Circle

For the most part, yes.

Booked two entry-level rooms on a "First Family Rate" which meant I paid full rate for one room and the other was 50% off. No upgrades for either room. It should be noted that the entire hotel has one single suite. So, no upgrade I guess is logical.

How are the rooms?
Rooms were fine. Kinda small. 270sq ft. A/C and heat worked very well. Bathroom had a smaller shower and standard tub. Shower head had minor water pressure issues. I would have liked 20-50% more pressure. Also the head was lower. It was barely above my head and not adjustable and I am only 6' tall. Rooms were otherwise in good condition. Didn't see any peeling wallpaper or anything.

[If you are Spire]
So it was kinda odd but I have no complaints. Apparently they did not know which room I specifically was staying in of the two rooms so instead they gave the complimentary welcome amenity to both rooms. A diverse fruit plate and 3 German Wheat Beers (so a 6pack and two fruit plates). Generous in my opinion. I've had far worse.

No...Tried to Raid the Bar at the hotel restaurant.

No, but I asked and received two weird small pathetic puff balls.

N/A

Good - excellent proximity to Hyatt Regency, Union Station and Capitol Hill. Staff was extremely polite.

Bad - I am still trying to not get irritated but apparently the restaurant is not "owned" by Kimpton. Odd considering they advertise the restaurant on their hotel website. Odd considering the plaque outside the main entrance says "Kimpton Hotel and Restaurant". Odd considering I was able to charge the bill to my room. Hotel took care of the $10 credit and admitted it was very convoluted and apologized. Convoluted is being generous.

I paid for the location. Had a conference at the Hyatt Regency 1 block away. Room rates were 250-350 (varied per night) for a three night stay. I could have paid less and went to the Hotel Donovan and had a known upgrade. So the value is mehhhhh. You are paying for location here. Just accept it.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by FLYGVA

[If you are Spire]

I've been looking through the reviews, and I noticed something odd about the template. Highlighting mine. Aside from the outdated references to Priority Club (now IHG Rewards), shouldn't "Spire" be "Inner Circle" instead? It's nice that someone took the time to create a useful template, but it seems like it could be a source of confusion for Spire members who aren't Inner Circle. It might give people the impression that Spire members are supposed to get the Inner Circle amenity and Chef's Taste, when that isn't (or shouldn't be?) the case. Also, since Raid the Bar is offered to all elites, it really shouldn't be in the section under Spire/Inner Circle.

Don't get me wrong, these kinds of consolidated experiences threads are great, especially with a standard template. But, it'd be even better if the template wasn't a source of confusion.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:12 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tennen
I've been looking through the reviews, and I noticed something odd about the template. Highlighting mine. Aside from the outdated references to Priority Club (now IHG Rewards), shouldn't "Spire" be "Inner Circle" instead? It's nice that someone took the time to create a useful template, but it seems like it could be a source of confusion for Spire members who aren't Inner Circle. It might give people the impression that Spire members are supposed to get the Inner Circle amenity and Chef's Taste, when that isn't (or shouldn't be?) the case. Also, since Raid the Bar is offered to all elites, it really shouldn't be in the section under Spire/Inner Circle.

Don't get me wrong, these kinds of consolidated experiences threads are great, especially with a standard template. But, it'd be even better if the template wasn't a source of confusion.
Thank you for highlighting the old reference, I have corrected Priority Club to Rewards Club. Copy and past was in this regard not in my favour as I oversaw it.

The reference to InnerCircle is a little bit more complicated. It is basically an elite level of Spire for Kimpton stays only (https://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/co...education.html). As most Kimpton Hotels are located in the US, I have not much experience with them myself. My understanding is, that you get InnerCircle as Spire - and as far as I know, there have been some Spire member granted InnerCircle benefits at the time of the merger. And Kimpton Karme does not exist any longer. I fear, that Spire InnerCircle makes it more complicated to understand either, but I see your point.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Thank you for highlighting the old reference, I have corrected Priority Club to Rewards Club. Copy and past was in this regard not in my favour as I oversaw it.

The reference to InnerCircle is a little bit more complicated. It is basically an elite level of Spire for Kimpton stays only (https://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/co...education.html). As most Kimpton Hotels are located in the US, I have not much experience with them myself. My understanding is, that you get InnerCircle as Spire - and as far as I know, there have been some Spire member granted InnerCircle benefits at the time of the merger. And Kimpton Karme does not exist any longer. I fear, that Spire InnerCircle makes it more complicated to understand either, but I see your point.
Thanks for the clarification!

As for Inner Circle, my understanding is that all Inner Circle members are Spire Elite, but not all Spire Elites are Inner Circle, based on the link. I gather that it's rather similar to earning RA with IC, since:
While we don’t disclose the criteria for snagging a coveted invitation to Kimpton Inner Circle, we can tell you one key thing: You first have to earn IHG® Rewards Club Spire Elite status.
Granted, I'm neither Spire nor Inner Circle, so my interpretation could be wrong. But, Kimpton Karma lists Spire Elite and Inner Circle as separate levels, so I don't think I am.

In any case, my initial suggestions stand:
Relabel the template as "Spire Elite AND Inner Circle" so that "regular" Spire Elites won't be confused.
Might I also suggest that you move the Raid the Bar section? Since it applies to all elites, it should probably be listed right after the "How are the rooms" section.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Kimpton Monaco Washington DC

What is your Priority Club status? Spire Elite Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Mixed

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Deluxe King, given Mediterranean Suite in basement level

How are the rooms? Issues aside (see below), the room was fine. The shower water pressure could have been significantly better however.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? It was a decent attempt. 3 different types of beer of which only the Lagunitas was good. A small plate of sweet snacks.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? Yes, I took the snickers and altoids.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? Didn't use the credit.

What was good and what was bad? Floor layout is terrible. It's a building from the 1830's so I guess that runs with the territory. Absolutely atrocious entrance for disabled people. I represent disabled people and had a hearing for one and he struggled to get in and out of the building. If it had known you had to climb a flight of stairs just to get in I would have picked another location. Lack of elevators and odd placement also was not good. I also cut the crap out of my leg on a staple sticking out of brand new couch in their suite. They did remedy that with a free lunch (I ate and drank about $60-70 worth).

Location is stupid good. 1 mile from everything. Nexus of Washington DC. Literally next to metro and Hockey Stadium. Oddly traffic in the area is light at the entrance unlike most other hotels. I can't explain it.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Value was fine at $200 out the door. I am unsure of a return given the logistics of the building and my clientele base.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Solamar San Diego

What is your Priority Club status? Spire Elite Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Reserved Skyview King. No upgrade. No mention of no upgrade at check-in. Hand waving as to whether the upgraded rooms were occupied by paid guests, other ICs, other non-ICs who were upgraded earlier in the week, or just no upgrades.

How are the rooms? Small. Bed was comfortable. Closet door was stuck closed and I had to get maintenance to come fix it. Bathroom was small.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? Miniscule. Two one-bite cupcakes and two 8 oz. bottles of water. They could have at least given me a large Fred bottle. I pointed out at checkout that to both blow off the room upgrade and then give me easily the worst amenity I've had in the last three years.... basically no loyalty recognition.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? Cashews

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? Didn't use the credit.

What was good and what was bad? Not a good stay. I had to argue to get the resort fee taken off because the front desk clerk couldn't tell me one thing that it included that wasn't a brand standard or an IC benefit. Telling me that I had to pay $22/day for the ability to use the complementary bicycles or use the Internet. On the good side, the shift manager came out and talked to me as I was leaving and seemed legitimately interested in being more proactive. Location was ok, although I prefer the area around Seaport Village. I was taking the train from LA, so i did not have a car.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Value was marginal. Supposedly there was a convention ending on Saturday morning, but the rates were the cheapest for the entire month of November (the weekend before Thanksgiving). Without meaningful IC benefits, it is an unremarkable property.
FLYGVA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.