FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Reward Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences (2018)
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:55 am
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Kimpton La Peer (West Hollywood, CA)

Kimpton La Peer (West Hollywood, CA)

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I used a Karma Free Night Award, which booked into a Superior Juliet Balcony King. A few days before my reservation, the hotel upgraded me to a Terrace King. When I checked in, I was upgraded again into the Terrace Suite.

How are the rooms? The suite was quite spacious and comfortable at 750 square feet. The standard rooms are only 315 square feet, and would be a little cozy, I think.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? Very nice; a bottle of Coke Zero and sparkling water, chocolate cupcakes and chocolate-covered cashews and bark,

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? Yes - Tate's mini chocolate chip cookies and Rip Van Waffles snickerdoodle stropwaffels.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? No; we had dinner elsewhere.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? No

What was good and what was bad?

Good - Amazing property and great value for use of a free night. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Good location with lots of cafes and restaurants nearby. The hotel offers free Uber Select service to/from the hotel to locations within a mile radius.

Bad - The view from the terrace rooms on the second floor are mostly of the high terrace wall and the roof of the commercial building next door. The people in the room above us had heavy feet so I could hear some thumping.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Standard rooms are in the $300-$500 range with suites closer to $750-$1000. A regular room is a good use of points, even better with a cert. A suite upgrade here is about as much value as you can get out of a free stay.