FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Reward Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences (2018)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:10 pm
Rainier

Programs: IHG Spire; Hilton Diamond
Kimpton Taconic Hotel - Manchester, Vermont

One night stay at the Kimpton Taconic Hotel 7/6/18 - 7/7/18.

What is your Priority Club status?

Spire.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Standard King (can't remember exactly how it was phrased during booking) on points redemption. Upgraded to cottage room which was a two room king suite.

How are the rooms?

Very nice. Spacious and well furnished. Cottages are private being away from the main hotel building.

How was your complimentary welcome amenity?

Personalized welcome note. Cheese, crackers, two bottles of spring water, and two bottles of local beer (Long Trail Ale). There was also a social hour offering free wine tasting. I just wish the note indicated what the cheeses were as they were delicious.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take?

Used it towards a cocktail at the bar.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive?

N/A. Didn't eat at the restaurant.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value?

No. Don't know if the hotel participates as we weren't offered anything spa related.

What was good and what was bad?

Good: Central location in the Green Mountains. Was greeted warmly by staff and upgraded without any issues. Lots of privacy in the cottage room. Hand written
welcome note and amenities were a nice surprise as I normally stay at low- and mid-level IHG properties. Bikes available for use to ride into town. Great porch for relaxing and enjoying a drink. Gym was good for a quick workout.

Bad: Just noticed while trying to look back at what room I booked that I was charged $11 for gummy bears and potato chips from the mini bar that we definitely did not take. Probably too late to fight this and my own fault for not checking the bill sooner so will let it go. Didn't use the pool but it is only a lap pool (maybe 6 to 8 feet wide) if you are looking for something your kids can splash around in (not an issue for us but could be for some folks).

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Good value at 50,000 pts. A much nicer experience than some 70,000 Intercontinentals I've stayed at. Yes, would definitely return.