FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Reward Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences (2018)
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:33 am
bimmerfreak0

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Kimpton Monaco Washington DC

What is your Priority Club status? Spire Elite Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Mixed

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Deluxe King, given Mediterranean Suite in basement level

How are the rooms? Issues aside (see below), the room was fine. The shower water pressure could have been significantly better however.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? It was a decent attempt. 3 different types of beer of which only the Lagunitas was good. A small plate of sweet snacks.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? Yes, I took the snickers and altoids.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? N/A

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? Didn't use the credit.

What was good and what was bad? Floor layout is terrible. It's a building from the 1830's so I guess that runs with the territory. Absolutely atrocious entrance for disabled people. I represent disabled people and had a hearing for one and he struggled to get in and out of the building. If it had known you had to climb a flight of stairs just to get in I would have picked another location. Lack of elevators and odd placement also was not good. I also cut the crap out of my leg on a staple sticking out of brand new couch in their suite. They did remedy that with a free lunch (I ate and drank about $60-70 worth).

Location is stupid good. 1 mile from everything. Nexus of Washington DC. Literally next to metro and Hockey Stadium. Oddly traffic in the area is light at the entrance unlike most other hotels. I can't explain it.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Value was fine at $200 out the door. I am unsure of a return given the logistics of the building and my clientele base.