Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with non qualifying stays

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,Aeroplan, Miles&More (Silver), United Gold
Problems with non qualifying stays

is there a problem currently with stays posting as non qualifying?
3 of last 4 stays (all in the last week) are showing as non qualifying.
These where all 'your rate, bonus point stays'.
i believe they where booked via the ihg app.

not submitted a claim as yet as its too soon.
thanks
j
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just call IHG customer service and it will likely fix it for you before the phone call is over

It is also easy to discuss the issue ans point out it was a bonus point rate if the person makes any errors checking eligibility

If the stay has credited ( albeit non qualifying ) , no reason to wait to call
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Just call IHG customer service and it will likely fix it for you before the phone call is over

It is also easy to discuss the issue ans point out it was a bonus point rate if the person makes any errors checking eligibility

If the stay has credited ( albeit non qualifying ) , no reason to wait to call
Problem is IHG customer service is a premium rate 13p per minute line. I cannot renew my ambassador membership due to a website glitch and am not impressed at having to call a paid for line for an IT glitch
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

I've posted a missing claim form just changing the date (small error :-) )

I've also discovered I don't have confirmation numbers - they no longer show on the past stats in the app and having searched my inbox I didn't seem to get confirmation emails!!

fun

j
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jimmyjimmy
I've posted a missing claim form just changing the date (small error :-) )

I've also discovered I don't have confirmation numbers - they no longer show on the past stats in the app and having searched my inbox I didn't seem to get confirmation emails!!

fun

j

You don’t need the confirmation numbers, just refer to the subject transactions when you call them and they will find it.

This usually happens to me when I add additional nights during my stay, and always sorted with a phone call.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Problem is IHG customer service is a premium rate 13p per minute line. I cannot renew my ambassador membership due to a website glitch and am not impressed at having to call a paid for line for an IT glitch
From https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...are/contact-us, there seems to be a regular number of 020 3349 9179

Alternatively, If you have a voip such as skype, call +1-800-334-5194 for the US service which is a free call number

I really wouldn't waste time with emails when a phone call , ime, gets issue fixed immediately
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:15 pm

Hi -

Slightly off topic -- I had to call in about not getting some BP in the last Accelerate promo. For some reason they did not count 2 nights. They fixed it as I waited on the phone.

It really is the best way to deal with things when you know it is an IT glitch on their end.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
From https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...are/contact-us, there seems to be a regular number of 020 3349 9179

Alternatively, If you have a voip such as skype, call +1-800-334-5194 for the US service which is a free call number

I really wouldn't waste time with emails when a phone call , ime, gets issue fixed immediately
An email takes me a minute. A telephone conversation in Phillipino English takes more time and nerves.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

@Voucher
what do you mean by "subject transaction", is this something specific the ihg customer service will understand or do you mean ... just explain the issue.

excuse my pedantic :-)

you are right I added extra nights that must break the IT!

j
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
An email takes me a minute. A telephone conversation in Phillipino English takes more time and nerves.
I would look at it in that the problem would be resolved 10 hours ago with a phone call
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Voucher
You don’t need the confirmation numbers, just refer to the subject transactions when you call them and they will find it.

This usually happens to me when I add additional nights during my stay, and always sorted with a phone call.
How did you request the additional nights? Just call the front desk and have them do it?

The reason I ask is because I recently had to do that and the front desk told me to just do a fresh booking on the IHG mobile app for my add-on days and then they would update my room key to reflect the new check out date.

Looks like I got all of my points although they are broken into 2 stays. I just thought it was weird they didn't want to amend my reservation. Maybe something to do with getting a better rate on the app.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:45 pm

Lightbulb

@Voucher
what do you mean by "subject transaction", is this something specific the ihg customer service will understand or do you mean ... just explain the issue.

j
I mean when you call them just say: on date xx a transaction been posted to my account as non qualifying stay and they will be able to find it for you.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:56 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
How did you request the additional nights? Just call the front desk and have them do it?

The reason I ask is because I recently had to do that and the front desk told me to just do a fresh booking on the IHG mobile app for my add-on days and then they would update my room key to reflect the new check out date.

Looks like I got all of my points although they are broken into 2 stays. I just thought it was weird they didn't want to amend my reservation. Maybe something to do with getting a better rate on the app.

If you are using a corporate rate, they should be able to add nights on your current booking. For advance/flexible rate ; you may need to do fresh one.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
@Voucher

j
it is bad way hotel manages extensions or multiple reservations for a continuous stay

eg 3night + 1night booking/extension
hotel simply bumps all nightly rate payments to the final reservation of the multinight multi-reservation stay. This results in
o correct charhing at checkout
o all 4nights rate being charged against 4th night
o nights 1-3 showing when posting to acct as non-qual as zero cost (free)
o 4th night posting as qualifying and correct points for all 4nights of stay

Note, you can easily spot this by clicking/expanding entry to see bill, and look at roomrate line which will be 0.00
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Voucher
If you are using a corporate rate, they should be able to add nights on your current booking. For advance/flexible rate ; you may need to do fresh one.
OK, that must be why. It was definitely the advance/flexible rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.