Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by vesnushka23
Hey guys
my claim got approved!
The first claim I did in my life and it got approved!

But for some reason I feel a little bit guilty, because I think I would have stayed in hotel anyways and I decided for myself I don't want to do more than 2 claims a year.
Congrats, enjoy!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by vesnushka23
Hey guys
my claim got approved!
The first claim I did in my life and it got approved!

But for some reason I feel a little bit guilty, because I think I would have stayed in hotel anyways and I decided for myself I don't want to do more than 2 claims a year.
Oh how innocent ... cute;-)

Congrats on your first BRG.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:37 pm

Any idea on what the current response times are? I'm guessing they're fairly quick?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Any idea on what the current response times are? I'm guessing they're fairly quick?
Not really, 14h yesterday... approved.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:29 pm

anyone have any luck with the IC The Clement Monterey?

Looking for one night either May 24 or May 25

checked the usual sites, but haven't been able to find anything

Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
anyone have any luck with the IC The Clement Monterey?

Looking for one night either May 24 or May 25

checked the usual sites, but haven't been able to find anything

Thanks.

I didn't have any luck there, but on mon/tuesdays the rate can sometimes be very reasonable if you (re-)book during the last days before your stay. And if you're an IC Ambassador you may need to put your foot down to receive your "guaranteed" upgrade... well I had to even after they welcomed me as an Amb.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Has anyone managed to get refunds for BRG paid to a nominee account, such as moneycorp etc? I do not have a USD account and if I ask them to send USD to my GBP for all my pending BRGs, the fees will be significant. I ask them; they said no, but from the reply did not seem to understand the question. Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Has anyone managed to get refunds for BRG paid to a nominee account, such as moneycorp etc? I do not have a USD account and if I ask them to send USD to my GBP for all my pending BRGs, the fees will be significant. I ask them; they said no, but from the reply did not seem to understand the question. Thanks.
Hi I have an EUR account and when they provide me a refund from a different currency they pay it in EUR. So you will not have an exchange fee from your bank. They always give you a refund in your account/country currency. I believe they use the google exchange rate when making the refund.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:02 pm

If I found cheaper price from agoda.com no matter is refund & non-refund rate both cheaper than IHG, can I book IHG refund rate for BRG?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Does anybody know whether you get a confirmation e-mail whenever you submit online a BRG form?

I've submitted a claim yesterday after I booked the room. However, haven't heard anything from IHG BRG.
Many thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:42 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Lotfi070
Hi I have an EUR account and when they provide me a refund from a different currency they pay it in EUR. So you will not have an exchange fee from your bank. They always give you a refund in your account/country currency. I believe they use the google exchange rate when making the refund.
Yep I have a GBP bank account and although I paid for my stay in EUR, IHG refunded my stay in GBP, so I did not incur any fees from my bank.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by connietse
If I found cheaper price from agoda.com no matter is refund & non-refund rate both cheaper than IHG, can I book IHG refund rate for BRG?
You need to book the least expensive IHG rate that's available (presumably the nonrefundable rate) in order to a chance at having the BRG claim approved.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by tobsw
Does anybody know whether you get a confirmation e-mail whenever you submit online a BRG form?

I've submitted a claim yesterday after I booked the room. However, haven't heard anything from IHG BRG.
Many thanks.
you do not get a confirmation email.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Anyone has experience with submitting a claim using amoma and IHG referring to the T&Cs on amoma's website that say they charge in euros even though in practice they actually don't?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by a9504477
Anyone has experience with submitting a claim using amoma and IHG referring to the T&Cs on amoma's website that say they charge in euros even though in practice they actually don't?
yes i have encountered this multiple times and am unable to convince the brg ppl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.