Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

The hotel is now open for reservations.

http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...da/hoteldetail
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We drove by last summer and saw it getting close to completion. It is quite far from Davos central area - not sure how close to public transport. Views should be nice over the lake...
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by nicolas75
The hotel is now open for reservations.

http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...da/hoteldetail
No reduced intro rate for points bookings
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There is a Hilton Garden Inn there too, but the IC Davos will be a far better value for points than the HGI there. While it's outside the main strip, it does have a shuttle bus.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Excited about this, have been tempted by berchtesgaden as the only IC ski option - there are very few chain ski hotels in europe. But berchtesgaden is a drive from the slopes and this looks to have on the doorstep skiing. can anyone verify if this is ski in ski out or if there is a minibus to the slopes?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:31 am

PS rates seem to start at around (equivalent) to £400 so good value on points. does anyone know if there is a club lounge?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:35 am

davos piste guide which i found quite useful:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/sn...ste-guide.html
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Staying here next month for 3 nights. I'll report back. Am a RA so I'm excited to see what upgrades benefits I get. Using a BOGO and chase free night.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by stinger101
Staying here next month for 3 nights. I'll report back. Am a RA so I'm excited to see what upgrades benefits I get. Using a BOGO and chase free night.
i emailed them and they replied:
"Regarding your request we are pleased to inform you, that as a Royal Ambassador Member you have the advantage to get a double room upgrade as well as access to our InterContinental Club Lounge." so you should do well, enjoy! looks fabulous!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: IHG
Apparently, Lounge access is given to RA's even on award stays. Mini-bar is complimentary for all guests, so I'm guessing its an IC Berchtesgaden job. I.e loads of juice and water, and no alcohol. Does anyone know for sure?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:29 pm

Arriving in a little over a week from now and my booking now says upgraded to "Alpine Suite" Could be either the 62sqm or 92sqm. We're arriving at the Davos Dorf train station so I think I'll inquire to see if the house car can pick us up.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by stinger101
Arriving in a little over a week from now and my booking now says upgraded to "Alpine Suite" Could be either the 62sqm or 92sqm. We're arriving at the Davos Dorf train station so I think I'll inquire to see if the house car can pick us up.
Are you on a paid or points stay? I've got 4 nights booked for the end of the month (points).
Old Feb 9, 2014, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by turner32
Are you on a paid or points stay? I've got 4 nights booked for the end of the month (points).
First 2 nights on a BOGO. Last night on a chase free night.
Other family is staying first night on points and last 2 nights on chase free nights as well.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Whoaaa....this is a VERY nice hotel!!

Stayed a few weeks back for 4 nights (First 2 nights BOGO then points)

Was my birthday at the time (No really it was!) so i called in advance to secure a decent upgrade and the lady immediately upgraded me to an Alpine Suite. (Was the 92m Suite) Apparently I was the first person to have ever stayed in that suite and it was very nice indeed.

My last day was the first day of WEF 2014 so the whole place was like a military base with airport style security just to get in the front door. (The South Korean President turned up about 30 minutes before I left)

Oh..and the nearest station is Davos Dorf and yes, if you contact the hotel they will send a shuttle bus to collect you. Definitely do this as the cabs in Davos are a FORTUNE! (Along with pretty much everything else in Davos!!)

Actually, they are pretty good with Shuttle service at this hotel...If you need to go into town or to a ski resort then they are more than happy to take you and collect you after.

Top, top top hotel...Service impeccable! (Even had 2 staff come to my room with fresh flowers and personally sang me 'Happy Birthday to you' This was on top of the half bottle of Louis Roederer i had waiting for me in my room.

The bowls of sweets and chocolate were a nice touch for my toddler too. This came with my RA welcome gifts.

The only downside that I can think of is the Minibar has no spirits in whatsoever. IIRC just a few beers and the rest soft drinks. Although they give RA's Club access which has all the booze you could want.

I will post a report in the RA page soon and hopefully some pics too.

Any questions, feel free to ask!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Goonerfish
Whoaaa....this is a VERY nice hotel!!

Stayed a few weeks back for 4 nights (First 2 nights BOGO then points)

Was my birthday at the time (No really it was!) so i called in advance to secure a decent upgrade and the lady immediately upgraded me to an Alpine Suite. (Was the 92m Suite) Apparently I was the first person to have ever stayed in that suite and it was very nice indeed.

My last day was the first day of WEF 2014 so the whole place was like a military base with airport style security just to get in the front door. (The South Korean President turned up about 30 minutes before I left)

Oh..and the nearest station is Davos Dorf and yes, if you contact the hotel they will send a shuttle bus to collect you. Definitely do this as the cabs in Davos are a FORTUNE! (Along with pretty much everything else in Davos!!)

Actually, they are pretty good with Shuttle service at this hotel...If you need to go into town or to a ski resort then they are more than happy to take you and collect you after.

Top, top top hotel...Service impeccable! (Even had 2 staff come to my room with fresh flowers and personally sang me 'Happy Birthday to you' This was on top of the half bottle of Louis Roederer i had waiting for me in my room.

The bowls of sweets and chocolate were a nice touch for my toddler too. This came with my RA welcome gifts.

The only downside that I can think of is the Minibar has no spirits in whatsoever. IIRC just a few beers and the rest soft drinks. Although they give RA's Club access which has all the booze you could want.

I will post a report in the RA page soon and hopefully some pics too.

Any questions, feel free to ask!
Thanks for the information. It sounds amazing! Will look forward to your full review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.