FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:11 am
turner32

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Goonerfish
Whoaaa....this is a VERY nice hotel!!

Stayed a few weeks back for 4 nights (First 2 nights BOGO then points)

Was my birthday at the time (No really it was!) so i called in advance to secure a decent upgrade and the lady immediately upgraded me to an Alpine Suite. (Was the 92m Suite) Apparently I was the first person to have ever stayed in that suite and it was very nice indeed.

My last day was the first day of WEF 2014 so the whole place was like a military base with airport style security just to get in the front door. (The South Korean President turned up about 30 minutes before I left)

Oh..and the nearest station is Davos Dorf and yes, if you contact the hotel they will send a shuttle bus to collect you. Definitely do this as the cabs in Davos are a FORTUNE! (Along with pretty much everything else in Davos!!)

Actually, they are pretty good with Shuttle service at this hotel...If you need to go into town or to a ski resort then they are more than happy to take you and collect you after.

Top, top top hotel...Service impeccable! (Even had 2 staff come to my room with fresh flowers and personally sang me 'Happy Birthday to you' This was on top of the half bottle of Louis Roederer i had waiting for me in my room.

The bowls of sweets and chocolate were a nice touch for my toddler too. This came with my RA welcome gifts.

The only downside that I can think of is the Minibar has no spirits in whatsoever. IIRC just a few beers and the rest soft drinks. Although they give RA's Club access which has all the booze you could want.

I will post a report in the RA page soon and hopefully some pics too.

Any questions, feel free to ask!
Thanks for the information. It sounds amazing! Will look forward to your full review.