IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
earlier experiences

[...]

IC The Strings - corner room + "club"
Per many recent posts on this, both the Strings & the ANA Tokyo no longer give club benefits to RAs as of this summer.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: Various Airline Loyalty Programs, IC Platinum RA, D Gold Passport, G HHonors
IC Palazzo Las Vegas- benies for guests staying with RA?

I have a stay coming up at the IC Palazzo in Las Vegas. I will be booking a Bella Suite (2 Queen beds). I will have three guests in my room with me. I am an RA and wondering if my three guests will be extended access to the VIP lounge access granted to RA's. I guess the same question holds true for the Prestige Lounge if I book a Prestige level room.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by pdx.flyer
I have a stay coming up at the IC Palazzo in Las Vegas. I will be booking a Bella Suite (2 Queen beds). I will have three guests in my room with me. I am an RA and wondering if my three guests will be extended access to the VIP lounge access granted to RA's. I guess the same question holds true for the Prestige Lounge if I book a Prestige level room.
I would presume the cost will go up if you put 4 people in the booking so yes they would be covered
if you only have 2 in the booking and try to sneak the others in
no they wont get access.
each person will need their own card to access the entrance to the lifts unless with someone with a card.
if you book normal room you should get preassigned a bella suite if that saves you some money.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
IC BKK
booked base room got club access high floor
fab breakfast and spread with cocktails at night.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by aussielori
IC BKK
booked base room got club access high floor
fab breakfast and spread with cocktails at night.
IC BKK club is one of the best I've seen!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: Various Airline Loyalty Programs, IC Platinum RA, D Gold Passport, G HHonors
Thanks for the feedback

I appreciate the feedback. Yes, all guests in the room would be accounted for as registered guest, so this is good to hear.

I've read the the Prestige Club has better food and "more" drinks, so that's also a consideration as opposed to being limited to the smaller, yet free access, of the VIP Club adjacent to the registration desk. It's a big hotel, so convenience is a factor.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by aussielori
I would presume the cost will go up if you put 4 people in the booking so yes they would be covered
if you only have 2 in the booking and try to sneak the others in
no they wont get access.
each person will need their own card to access the entrance to the lifts unless with someone with a card.
if you book normal room you should get preassigned a bella suite if that saves you some money.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Per many recent posts on this, both the Strings & the ANA Tokyo no longer give club benefits to RAs as of this summer.
Def not at ANA as of Oct.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Ok updated with new input, please keep the updates coming. And remember to specify if you get:

1. Upgrade to suite and club access
2. Choice of UG to suite or UG to club/exec room with club access
3. UG to suite only, no club access no matter what
Old Jan 5, 2013, 1:57 am

IC Frankfurt

As of January 1st 2013, I can confirm a double upgrade and club access for paid stays at IC Frankfurt.
(Lounge was closed January 1st, but food and drinks at the DAX Bar were free instead.)
Old Jan 6, 2013, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cazane
As of January 1st 2013, I can confirm a double upgrade and club access for paid stays at IC Frankfurt.
(Lounge was closed January 1st, but food and drinks at the DAX Bar were free instead.)
Thanks. Folks keep the reports coming in. I'm still behind in adding the award stay data to this thread, sorry I haven't gotten around to it. Will try to get it done in the next week or so.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cazane
Currently at IC Frankfurt
Was upgraded to Panoramic Suite and club access
Breakfast served Sunday morning at the "restaurant" (actually a conference room on ground floor)
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Currently at IC Frankfurt
Was upgraded to Panoramic Suite and club access
Breakfast served Sunday morning at the "restaurant" (actually a conference room on ground floor)
To make our upgrade histories more comparable or meaningful we probably should state our smoking status. I am still a smoker, the real good upgrades I get rather in Asian hotels.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
IC Tampa

No lounge. Pay for Breakfast. I am adding this, since I recieved a PM asking about it, so it should probably just be added.....

Also,
IC Kuala Lumpur

Very clear policy in effect in KL, have it in written form...(2 level upgrade, if you want a suite need to book 2 levels below)
Book a Deluxe upgrade is to Grand Premier(no Club)..... Deluxe is bottom category for booking, Premier is 2nd, Grand Premire is 3rd., Club 4th, Executive Suite 5th ect.
Book a Premier, upgrade is to Club with Benifits.

The cost difference is is only about 10 USD to book a Premier, so I just cant imagine an RA not wanting this. Also, option for breakfast downstairs.

Maybe, we could put an * advising RA's to book Premier rooms. (strict 2 level upgrade policy)

Last edited by shawntobi; Jan 10, 2013 at 2:12 pm
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold
IC O'Hare

Stayed at IC O'Hare due to airline issues and a missed flight. Made the reservation at 930pm, checked in 30min later. Night manager was extremely helpful, but seemed almost confused when I asked about a voucher for breakfast. He said (I'm mostly paraphrasing), "Umm.. we don't do any kind of voucher for breakfast.. but you can totally eat everything in the minibar - that should be pretty filling!" As we were there for a short stay, that was fine.. I was just surprised to see IC O'Hare on the list as providing breakfast coupons.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shawntobi
IC Tampa

No lounge. Pay for Breakfast. I am adding this, since I recieved a PM asking about it, so it should probably just be added.....

Also,
IC Kuala Lumpur

Very clear policy in effect in KL, have it in written form...(2 level upgrade, if you want a suite need to book 2 levels below)
Book a Deluxe upgrade is to Grand Premier(no Club)..... Deluxe is bottom category for booking, Premier is 2nd, Grand Premire is 3rd., Club 4th, Executive Suite 5th ect.
Book a Premier, upgrade is to Club with Benifits.

The cost difference is is only about 10 USD to book a Premier, so I just cant imagine an RA not wanting this. Also, option for breakfast downstairs.

Maybe, we could put an * advising RA's to book Premier rooms. (strict 2 level upgrade policy)
Thanks, updated!

Originally Posted by timmyc99
Stayed at IC O'Hare due to airline issues and a missed flight. Made the reservation at 930pm, checked in 30min later. Night manager was extremely helpful, but seemed almost confused when I asked about a voucher for breakfast. He said (I'm mostly paraphrasing), "Umm.. we don't do any kind of voucher for breakfast.. but you can totally eat everything in the minibar - that should be pretty filling!" As we were there for a short stay, that was fine.. I was just surprised to see IC O'Hare on the list as providing breakfast coupons.
I would have asked in the morning. Every time I have asked it is given, but always with hesitation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.