Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:10 am

Yeah agoda does something similar. You need to be aware of such tricks. They do it to win the lowest price in search comparisons.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by robertwcook16
I had one of those too - If you are connecting to Easytobook.com thru Kayak the 2% shows up - If you are going directly thru easytobook.com the 2% discount is nowhere to be found - Apparently using kayak gets you the 2% discount, whereas the Priority club BRG line is probably going directly to easytobook.com with no cookies for kayak.com
Yeah, on the other hand, they get those 2% back in the form of a "fee", isn't that a fraudulent advertising?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Shimon
Yeah agoda does something similar. You need to be aware of such tricks. They do it to win the lowest price in search comparisons.
Is this practice legal at all?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by iggyray
Why not? It's like booking through cash back portals.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by iggyray
If they charge it back as a fee in the check out then it probably is illegal. It should really be against the T&C of the search comparison sites.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:34 am

Thank you for confirming what I said. Since your booking in February things have changed. Policy then was not to publish finds. This has changed to publish all changes since IHG take down better price immediately and are now setup to do this during the claim process.
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
The one I found, claimed and posted in late April was still available several days later...
Today is June. Not April.
Sorry to say that your statement still fails to hold. I helped a friend make a successful claim with an advance purchase rate at around 6am on 2 June EDT, but it is still possible to make the same claim as of 4:30am on 6 June EDT.

However, as the check-in date approaches, this opportunity is going to vanish in less than a day since the advance purchase rate will be taken down soon.

Also, I wonder what makes you say "Thank you for confirming what I said." I am confused.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by samwkchan
Sorry to say that your statement still fails to hold. I helped a friend make a successful claim with an advance purchase rate at around 6am on 2 June EDT, but it is still possible to make the same claim as of 4:30am on 6 June EDT.

However, as the check-in date approaches, this opportunity is going to vanish in less than a day since the advance purchase rate will be taken down soon.

Also, I wonder what makes you say "Thank you for confirming what I said." I am confused.
You're right Sam, there are many sites that consistently undercut IHG, and even after a claim the prices are not updated on either IHG.com or the 3rd Party sites.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS
I read every post in this thread that contained "extra person" but am still not clear whether my potential claim is valid under the terms and conditions.

I found a non-refundable room on a competing site where all other terms are exactly the same. However, the competing rate is bookable (includes breakfast) for 2 people at $116 plus about $18 in taxes. IHG has the same room (without breakfast) for $128 plus a $15 extra person fee and about $22 in taxes.

The reason I am confused is others have posted that they were denied based on extra person charges mentioned in the terms and conditions, but it sounded like the denied claims were people that found a website with the exact same rate as IHG on a competing site but the competing site did not charge the extra person charge while IHG did. Has anyone encountered a situation like mine where the competing rate is cheaper before and after any extra person charge? If so, was it successful?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:15 pm

My theory is that if it is a flexible better price then it is taken down ASAP. If non-refundable then it is not.

With the flexible ones the hotel get hit hard as usually you can claim them every month.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:48 am

Hi,

I'm trying to submit a lower price guarantee for Holiday Inn Express (Leeds City Centre, Cavendish Street, Leeds, LS3 1LY, United Kingdom).

I booked the non-flexible rate on the official HI website at the price of 66.00 GBP. (One night - June 12th 2012).

I've submitted a claim against a lower rate of 63.89 GBP on the website www.quickrooms.co.uk but they have declined it stating the following reason.

Code:
In order to claim the Best Price Guarantee, the competitor's web site must be publicly available and bookable on the Internet at the time of verification. Bidding sites and sites that do not provide immediate confirmation of a rate and reservation are excluded. The site you found, www.quickrooms.co.uk, is not valid since it does not give automatic confirmation of the reservation; they will send you an email confirmation only to acknowledge that they have received your offer; and they will send a confirmation via email or phone upon getting confirmation from the hotel that the accommodation you have chosen is still available.

We are quoting from the booking terms of www.quickrooms.co.uk when we tried to confirm a reservation:
“By clicking to book a hotel and entering your personal and payment details on our website, you are making an offer to purchase the product. At this point we immediately contact the hotel supplier for whom we are acting as a travel agent. Each supplier will still require a short period of time to check to see if your chosen accommodation is still available. Although the email confirmation sent to you is NOT contractual acceptance of our ability to arrange this product, it is an acknowledgement that we have received your offer, and should the product be available as detailed on our website you have entered into a legally binding agreement to purchase this product.

Once we have received confirmation from the hotel supplier, we will contact you via email and/or telephone to let you know that the holiday has been booked. The contract is formed when we have received your booking reference number from the hotel supplier. Please note that once your booking has been confirmed to us, you can only cancel the holiday in accordance with the relevant terms and conditions which may impose cancellation charges. Equally you may also be subject to our cancellation charges to cover our administration costs. Unless otherwise stated, transfers are excluded from online bookings. ”

In contrast with this booking terms provided by www.quickrooms.co.uk, IHG does provide immediate confirmation of your reservation, as the availability of rooms and rates posted on our official site is taken directly from the hotel’s inventory.

We regret to inform you that your claim is invalid; hence, the free night will not be extended. Please be assured that as long as the full terms and conditions of the program are met, we keep our promise of honoring the Best Price Guarantee.
Has anyone experienced this as a reason before ?

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel

Last edited by HappymanUK; Jun 7, 2012 at 3:09 am
Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:49 am

Yes. It's no good.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:00 am

they wont let a claim through using quickrooms because you dont get an instant confirmation
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:06 am

I should have asked here first

I'm now stuck with a non-refundable reservation, that I could have got cheaper under their 35% offer

I don't suppose anyone knows of any sites offering a cheaper price that I could claim against ?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Need advice on this. Am terrified of booking a non refundable room and being turned down for some technical reason.

I have found a room for $80+tax($92 after tax) on easyclicktravel.com, while on IHG the same hotel is $86+tax ($96 after tax)

The hotels are def the same but for easyclicktravel the room type is just labelled as "STANDARD" whereas on IHG there is no "STANDARD" room, the cheapest room types are "KING BED WITH SOFA BED NONSMOKING" and "DELUXE", both the same price.

Anyone able to help me on whether I will qualify?

I guess because the room types are not identical in description, they will disallow it, even though the standard room on the competitor website is cheaper than the cheapest room they have on IHG. Am I right in thinking this?

Last edited by Enigma368; Jun 7, 2012 at 6:21 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Need advice on this. Am terrified of booking a non refundable room and being turned down for some technical reason.

I have found a room for $80+tax($92 after tax) on easyclicktravel.com, while on IHG the same hotel is $86+tax ($96 after tax)

The hotels are def the same but for easyclicktravel the room type is just labelled as "STANDARD" whereas on IHG there is no "STANDARD" room, the cheapest room types are "KING BED WITH SOFA BED NONSMOKING" and "DELUXE", both the same price.

Anyone able to help me on whether I will qualify?

I guess because the room types are not identical in description, they will disallow it, even though the standard room on the competitor website is cheaper than the cheapest room they have on IHG. Am I right in thinking this?
They will probably try to deny it as they will always try to get out of it.

I had a similar problem once regarding different room descriptions but I actually had the rep call the hotel to confirm that the room types were indeed the same. She came back after 10 minutes or so and accepted the claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.