Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:53 am
ffj

Programs: AA, ExPlat, DL Sil, UAL Sil, Hilt Dia, Marr Plat
Originally Posted by tangey
You are only prohibited from booking another BRG within 7 days of an existing BRG if that hotel is within 50 miles of the first hotel. You could in theory BRG every night of the year, provided each night's stay was more than 50 miles from the previous night.
Does the 7 day rule mean the gap or the time between reservations? For example, would 9/7 and 9/14 be ok, or do you need a 7 day gap, and hence, after a BRG is approved on 9/7, the next possible BRG approval would be for 9/15?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:16 am

You are only prohibited from booking another BRG within 7 days of an existing BRG if that hotel is within 50 miles of the first hotel. You could in theory BRG every night of the year, provided each night's stay was more than 50 miles from the previous night.
That would require some ridiculous amount of determination
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by ffj
Does the 7 day rule mean the gap or the time between reservations? For example, would 9/7 and 9/14 be ok, or do you need a 7 day gap, and hence, after a BRG is approved on 9/7, the next possible BRG approval would be for 9/15?
I asked that question and no you cant, they said its the time from when you check out which would be 9/8 to 9/14 = 6 days.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
so, has anyone tried making a claim over the phone? or does that no longer work...?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by no2chem
so, has anyone tried making a claim over the phone? or does that no longer work...?
Come on, man, read like five posts up, be good :P

Originally Posted by mitpat474
I spoke to an agent this morning and he said its still ok till further notice to claim via phone
Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Come on, man, read like five posts up, be good :P
oops, missed out on that entire conversation, thanks for summarizing it!

I agree with the others though, they probably are removing the phone lines because of the overload caused by the bloggers... especially that one idiotic blogger. I think his name starts with a d.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by no2chem
oops, missed out on that entire conversation, thanks for summarizing it!

I agree with the others though, they probably are removing the phone lines because of the overload caused by the bloggers... especially that one idiotic blogger. I think his name starts with a d.
yeah

i somewhat liked the phone lines, even though often it meant a 45 minute wait, but i've had a few very good experiences with them, so still somewhat miffed about it.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:41 pm

I do like the clarification about how they determine the 50 miles on Google Maps, but overall these new rules are not good. I've always used the web form to make claims and have been very successful, but I can see that not having the phone option is a bummer.

EDIT: I guess there is still ambiguity regarding the 50 mile rule. Sometimes Google Maps comes up with 3 options to get from point A to point B. Will the BRG team use the mileage of the quickest route from point A to point B, or will they use the option that has the shortest route, but may not be the quickest? For example:

Point A to Point B
Option 1: 51 miles 50 minutes
Option 2: 48 miles 55 minutes
Option 3: 45 miles 60 minutes

Would the above fall within the 50 mile rule?

Last edited by UAL123; Jul 31, 2013 at 4:12 pm
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by UAL123
I do like the clarification about how they determine the 50 miles on Google Maps, but overall these new rules are not good. I've always used the web form to make claims and have been very successful, but I can see that not having the phone option is a bummer.

EDIT: I guess there is still ambiguity regarding the 50 mile rule. Sometimes Google Maps comes up with 3 options to get from point A to point B. Will the BRG team use the mileage of the quickest route from point A to point B, or will they use the option that has the shortest route, but may not be the quickest? For example:

Point A to Point B
Option 1: 51 miles 50 minutes
Option 2: 48 miles 55 minutes
Option 3: 45 miles 60 minutes

Would the above fall within the 50 mile rule?
To answer your distance question, the BRG team shall consider the actual distance "as the crow flies"/ and not the driving distance for the 50 mile.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by syntraveller89
To answer your distance question, the BRG team shall consider the actual distance "as the crow flies"/ and not the driving distance for the 50 mile.
Apparently those were the old rules. The new T&C's state:
“Within fifty (50) miles” means within fifty (50) miles when seeking directions between locations on Google Maps.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
According to the new T&C, "you MUST contact us using the online claim form...."
In other words, going by the letter of the T&C, a phoned BRG is not valid as of 30th July.
I just completed a successful BRG by phone and then came over to this thread to see the rules changed (well, sort of) yesterday. Perhaps they're giving a grace period with claims by phone?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by UAL123
Apparently those were the old rules. The new T&C's state:
“Within fifty (50) miles” means within fifty (50) miles when seeking directions between locations on Google Maps.
There is a distance tool in Google Maps(classic version), under the labs section, I don't know if they use that but I do for some work stuff as a shortcut when I'm lazy (don't tell my boss haha). It measures the direct distance not the driving distance, so maybe that's what they mean by using Maps. Again best if you phone in while you can to clarify this as they would give a better answer than any of us here since they are the ones who decide if they claim qualifies or not
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by syntraveller89
There is a distance tool in Google Maps(classic version), under the labs section, I don't know if they use that but I do for some work stuff as a shortcut when I'm lazy (don't tell my boss haha). It measures the direct distance not the driving distance, so maybe that's what they mean by using Maps. Again best if you phone in while you can to clarify this as they would give a better answer than any of us here since they are the ones who decide if they claim qualifies or not
Another site to use is this.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Another site to use is this.
BRG team is using google maps, nothing else.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:48 am

I wonder when they're going to update their individual hotel sites with the new T&C. Right now, there is a mismatch...

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels...rms-conditions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.