Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points and Cash: New reward nights options Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Yep, they're back for me too - but I'm also on a different PC.... hmm....
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by markdg
Yep, they're back for me too - but I'm also on a different PC.... hmm....
They appeared again for me on the same computer, same browser session.

They did fix the bug where reward night booking wouldn't work from the paid rates page. ^^
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
They are back for me. Eventually (When they do an audit?) they will catch and fix the loophole but not today.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 2:04 pm

Points + cash redemtions

My experience has resulted in me writing an email to complain about points + cash redemptions. I spent an hour on the phone trying to resolve the issue and after 48 hours i am still waiting for a reply from PC...

(I have removed confirmation numbers)....

Here's my email sent Sunday night:

Hi

Unfortunately I must write a complaint about difficulties experienced when trying to make a reservation.

I held reservation xxxxxxxxx (rate 25,000 points per night) and whilst browsing the website I discovered that I can make reservations using points + $60 or points + $30.

As a result I decide to cancel reservation xxxxxxx and rebook. The cancellation number that I was given from the website was yyyyyyyyy, and my points balance reverted to zzzzzz.

I planned to make the new reservation using 15,000 points per night + $60 per night. I then attempted to make a reservation online.

However, the website reported that it was "unable to process my credit card". I tried 3 different credit cards without success.

I then decide to call 0800 897 121 and speak to someone. The reservation agent was unable to access the points + cash rate but offered to rebook my original reservation using solely points, so that I at least held a confirmed reservation until the moment I was able to speak to someone who could help. The rebooked reservation is qqqqqqqqq. My balance is now wwwwwwww.

From this point on I was unable to retry booking on the website.

I was advised to call 0870 607 2582, which I did immediately. Once connected I pressed option 1. After about 25 minutes on hold the agent I spoke to (I think in the USA) then informed me to redial and select option 2.

I redialled and selected option 2. After being on hold for a further 20 minutes I gave up and put the phone down.

So, to sum up. At this moment, I have spent 1 hour 10 minutes in total trying to sort out this reservation. See the time that I cancelled reservation vvvvvvvvvv.

Having now given up on the website and phone, can this be resolved by email ?

Regards,

Bill

Since writing the above, after waiting 36 hours, I submitted the complaint using the online form. That was 7 hours ago.

I also went through the process of making a 'normal' reservation in order to get the facility to chat online to a reservation agent. I explained the above situation.

She informed me that the option to use points + cash is currently not working. She said the only option i had was to use solely points or solely cash (ie. credit card).

So, in order for the hotel to get my business i have spent over 1 hour on the phone, 36 hours waiting for an email reply, 20 minutes in an online chat session and website feedback form, and 5 minutes writing this.

Farcical.....

Last edited by szg; Jul 14, 2009 at 4:50 pm Reason: new text format
Old Jul 14, 2009, 3:11 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
lfc84,

There is another thread started in early June that discusses the Points + Cash option.

It is located here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...s-options.html

Others have also experienced the same credit card problem, see posts #28 onwards.

For the record, the Points + Cash option was down for a period, so this may have complicated things for you.

mxm135
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:16 pm

Mods: sorry please feel free to delete this thread of move my post
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:46 pm

working again now after trying since sunday
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
I glad it corrected itself for you. Best of luck.

mxm135
Old Jul 17, 2009, 9:09 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Tried to create a redemption using points/cash (here comes Woodward Cruise!), anyone else see something like this? Completed a points/cash reservation, clicked the final confirm. Screen came back with (didn't cut/paste the text) something along the line of:

We see we charged your credit card, yet don't see the additional points added, so we can't complete this reservation, as you do not have enough points. Please confirm your purchased points by refreshing your browser, or logging out then back in. If no points have been added, please call our customer service center.

Yes, that really is reasonably close to the actual error message displayed!

Refreshed, then logged out/in. No points. Called the customer service center, they confirmed the charge and the absense of points, stated they manually updated the account (trans line is "Points and Cash", not "customer service adjustment"), and the account now reflects the sufficient amount required to complete the award booking. It was a long conversation (30-45 minutes), and rather tedious as the VOIP phone rep kept having to put on hold and talk to a supervisor, yet no major glitches.

As added fun, the "Points and Cash" miles do appear under Account Status -> Account Activity -> Other Activity, yet the do not appear under Account Status -> Account Activty -> All Activity. Will check back in later today, wondering if this is a back-end update issue. Will also check everything tomorrow, to verify no double-charges, or added/removed points.

It sounds that there's many systems gates to complete a reservations successfully, and if one gate closes, all fun breaks out.

edit: points are now showing up under Status -> Account Activity -> Other Activity.

Last edited by sbagdon; Jul 17, 2009 at 9:20 am
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: PC Plat
Originally Posted by MXM135
lfc84,

There is another thread started in early June that discusses the Points + Cash option.

It is located here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...s-options.html
UMMM..... That link is to this very thread!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by coolboy1982
UMMM..... That link is to this very thread!
My response was to post # 151, which was started as a new thread with a different title. The original poster then asked in post # 153 that his query be merged with this thread.

mxm135
Old Jul 26, 2009, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Part Points - Part Cash Redemption - Stopped?

Hi...

I did a search a few days ago for Boston hotels, and all had the option to reserve with Points Only, Part Points - Part Cash @ XX Points + $XX or Part Points - Part cash @ XX Points + $XX.

I have just gone back to do a booking, and they are ALL Points Only.

Have I missed something?

Regards,
Old Jul 26, 2009, 1:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
was wondering the same myself.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 1:51 pm

Just had a look at the IC Boston for a random date in November, and I'm still seeing the points+cash options (incidentally, anyone fancy paying $6800 per night(!) for the Presidential Suite, including Culinary Package. 3300 Sq Ft is bigger than some hotels...)
Old Jul 26, 2009, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Found some... Not my preferred property... But hey ho...

Very limited though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.