Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
I booked the OWB (Horizon) at the IC Moana. Any specific bungalow to ask for?
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by flying MD
I booked the OWB (Horizon) at the IC Moana. Any specific bungalow to ask for?
Here is the map of IC Moana. The dark blue ones are horizon bungalows. I would choose one of those at the very far end on the long arm located on left of the map.

For the horizon bungalows located at the long arm, the bugalow numbers are:

9, 10, 11 (these 3 bungalows are at the lower part of left branch of the long arm, 11 is farthest among the 3)

12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 (these 15 bungalows are located from left branch to right branch at the upper north. Bungalow 23, 24 & 25 share the small walkway. #27 is the farthest one near the jetty.)

28, 29, 30, 31, 32 (these 5 horizons are at lower part of the right branch, # 32 is closest to "C" - the ice cube machine.

I personally like either #24 or #27 since you will have more privacy. I do not recommend the 2 horizon OWBs at the short arm. For the short arm horizons, #75 & # 76 are connecting together as one family suite, # 74 is the one on top of the shart arm.

Hope the information helps

Last edited by GordonGordon; Oct 27, 2007 at 3:20 pm
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Here is the map of IC Moana. The dark blue ones are horizon bungalows. I would choose one of those at the very far end on the long arm located on left of the map.

For the horizon bungalows located at the long arm, the bugalow numbers are:

9, 10, 11 (these 3 bungalows are at the lower part of left branch of the long arm, 11 is farthest among the 3)

12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 (these 15 bungalows are located from left branch to right branch at the upper north. Bungalow 23, 24 & 25 share the small walkway. #27 is the farthest one near the jetty.)

28, 29, 30, 31, 32 (these 5 horizons are at lower part of the right branch, # 32 is closest to "C" - the ice cube machine.

I personally like either #24 or #27 since you will have more privacy. I do not recommend the 2 horizon OWBs at the short arm. For the short arm horizons, #75 & # 76 are connecting together as one family suite, # 74 is the one on top of the shart arm.

Hope the information helps
Thanks a lot. This is very helpful. If you were to choose between #24 or #27, which one would it be?
Old Oct 27, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by flying MD
Thanks a lot. This is very helpful. If you were to choose between #24 or #27, which one would it be?
You won't go wrong with either ones, or even any one near as they are facing Sofitel Motu; you can see the seawater in different blue color layers. I personally like #27 better as you hardly see or feel anyone walk pass your bungalow. However, some people like facing Mt. Otemanu, but I don't care for it much unless I stay at IC Thalasso.

Last edited by GordonGordon; Oct 27, 2007 at 4:05 pm
Old Oct 28, 2007, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by jlcchien
Anyone knows a travel agent/company that can get you discounted tahitinui airlines tickets from LAX to PPT? The price I have been getting from all the internet websites has been between $1200 to $1400 roundtrip per person.
I actually just got an e-mail from Hotwire Travel Ticker a few weeks ago with a $750 RT airfare deal on Air Tahiti Nui from LAX-PPT. It was good for dates in the next 4 months or so if I remember correctly. I just looked though and the offer is now expired. You might keep checking back as I often see $700-900 RT airfare deals from LAX-PPT, granted it's probably only during the low season..................................
Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlcchien
Anyone knows a travel agent/company that can get you discounted tahitinui airlines tickets from LAX to PPT? The price I have been getting from all the internet websites has been between $1200 to $1400 roundtrip per person.
I used this TA to book interisland travel for us last year and they were very helpful. Cheaptickets had a good fare LAX-PPT at the time.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
I have 10 nights booked at the Thalasso next summer. Do you recommend that I spend them al there, or visit other hotels/islands?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Camino1
I have 10 nights booked at the Thalasso next summer. Do you recommend that I spend them al there, or visit other hotels/islands?
10 nights at Thalasso might be pushing it a bit. It's great, but next
summer I would/will definitely check out the new Four Seasons hotel.
From what they say it might be the last big resort on Bora Bora
and they will go over the top to make it unique. So my plan
(and advise for you) is to split 10 nights between Thalasso and 4 Seasons.
St Regis might be another option, they seem to have gone down with prices...
If you like luxury don't bother with Huahine. It's pretty but very much
like Kauai - green and very local. The lagoon is not as exposed and is not
as beautiful (far from it) as in Bora Bora. There is only one better hotel
and it's old. Maybe one of the smaller farer destinations on one of the atolls
would be nice to compliment Bora Bora? But I like Bora Bora and being there
twice I'm planing my next year's trip right now
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IC Amb.
Email address for IC Le Moana in Bora Bora

I have an upcoming stay at Le Moana in Bora Bora and I was hoping to email them and request and upgrade. Does anybody have their current email address? It seems like they might have changed some time in 2007. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by davidjdewey
I have an upcoming stay at Le Moana in Bora Bora and I was hoping to email them and request and upgrade. Does anybody have their current email address? It seems like they might have changed some time in 2007. Any help would be much appreciated.
ALL EMAIL ADDRESSES REMOVED UPON REQUEST.

Regards,

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Dec 26, 2008 at 9:56 am
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:58 pm

Thanks. I will try this one.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

Does anyone know the policy for RA upgrades here?
Old Jun 27, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I am currently RA thru referral. I was told when I called the Le Moana that both Ambassadors and Royal Ambassadors get a one category upgrade (I was told the same thing at the ICs in Moorea and Tahiti and the Thalasso in Bora Bora). I was also advised that on award stays, the Le Moana allows one to "purchase up" to overwater bungalow for about $200 per night. I'm hoping for a better upgrade at check-in. I'm staying at all of the above in September. I can let you know what happened after that time.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 9:54 am
Community Director Emerita

One category upgrade? Hmmm, not much.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:26 am

I'm a RA and I stayed at Le Moana and Thalassao on Bora Bora last November using points. Le Moana gave us a 1 category upgrade to an OWB and Thalasso gave me a 3 category upgrade to Diamond OWB. I'm sure occupancy rates come into play as well as how many nights you are staying. I think the fact that I emailed Thalasso and kept in contact with someone really helped. That's why I am trying to get a working email for Le Moana.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.