Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
[email protected]
Mme Laurence Levy
Assistant Manger/Rooms Division
Old Jun 27, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IC Amb.
Thank you very much for your help.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:52 am

I am trying to get an award night rez for 9/19 at Le Moana. It is sold out using points and purchasing rate. I already have 9/17-9/18, and 9/20, but I can't get 9/19. Does anybody have a rez on hold (using awards) for that night that they possibly might not be using and could let me know when they change it?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
After critique in the Paris thread I have removed all email addresses is this thread too. They are ALL PUBLICLY AVAILABLE ON THE IC WEBPAGES.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan E
IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Hi, I am looking to goto IC in Bora Bora, and I am confused on the upgrades, What I want to know is, if I book the best onshore room, which I think is the family suite, would I be upgraded to an over water suite? Or do I have to book the cheapest overwater suite and then be upgraded to a better overwater suite?

I am a Platinum Ambassador

Thanks
Duane
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
In my recent booking at the Thalasso (which I assume you are talking about, due to your reference to the Family Suites), both the Emerald OWB and Family Suites were the same price... I would just book the Emerald...

For reference, as an RA I booked 3 paid nights in a Emerald, upgraded to Diamond Otemanu. Booked 2 award nights in a Family Suite, also upgraded to Diamond Otemanu.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:18 am

What if I booked a room one level below the family suite?
Since I am guarenteed one level upgrade?

Since the family suite and emerald are the same price, would they be considered the same level? and therefore I could choose if I wanted to upgrade to family suite or emerald? Based on availabity of course
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
The Family Suite or OWB Emerald is the lowest level... this is the order

Family Suite/OWB Emerald
OWB Sapphire
OWB Diamond
OWB Diamond Otemanu

If you want an OWB I'd book the Emerald, just to be safe (as the hotel could always say a FS to Emerald is a 1 level upgrade, even though they are theoretically the same level.) If you want the FS, well then just book that.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by THE soni
The Family Suite or OWB Emerald is the lowest level... this is the order

Family Suite/OWB Emerald
OWB Sapphire
OWB Diamond
OWB Diamond Otemanu

If you want an OWB I'd book the Emerald, just to be safe (as the hotel could always say a FS to Emerald is a 1 level upgrade, even though they are theoretically the same level.) If you want the FS, well then just book that.
Thanks, what I want is to book the cheapest and get upgraded to an OWB
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:14 pm

The soni, did you enjoy IC Thalasso?
Would you return? or recommend it?

We never been to south pacifc before, and from what photos I seen it looks like paradise.

Besides paying for the resort, is there alot of other expense?

We enjoy snorkeling, and want to take scuba lessons while there.

Duane
Old Mar 30, 2009, 2:00 pm

Well we haven't gone yet. Our reservations are for mid-April.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by THE soni
Well we haven't gone yet. Our reservations are for mid-April.
Well if you can let me know when you get back
Have a great trip!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:05 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

We just returned from Thalasso. We stayed at three French Polynesian properties on this trip, and have been to many others before. The Thalasso is a beautiful property and the villas are huge, but we had some issues with service, and the food quality was poor. Also, note that the Bora Bora lagoon can be kind of boring (I can count on one hand the number of fish we saw through our glass coffee table), and for snorkeling I would definitely go elsewhere (the Hilton Moorea is amazing). If you're planning a fully paid stay, I would definitely prefer other places (even though this will depend on how you value A/RA benefits) -- however, the Thalasso is definitely the best IC property in FP. I will write up a report in the RA experience thread shortly.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:23 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by hsolo

We never been to south pacifc before, and from what photos I seen it looks like paradise.

hsolo, I spent a week at the IC Thalasso for our honeymoon last Jan and loved it and would certainly recommend it (if it fits what you're looking for).

1) It's expensive, very expensive (to most people). Expect dinner to be 200-300 USD for two per night. This is not just at the IC but at any of the major hotel resorts. Bora Bora is expensive - get used to it

2) The location of the Thalasso is remote. So if you want to lay at the pool, beach all day, play in the water great. But there really is nothing going on during the day (or night really for that matter). If not your style the other IC (Le Moana) there is more going on as it's near town but this is still Bora Bora (read quiet).

I posted lots more detail in the RA experiences thread and other French Polynesian specific threads if you want more info. Oh, and definitely book the Emerald and if it's a paid stay you'll probably get a Sapphire
Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Plat, IC Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hsolo
The soni, did you enjoy IC Thalasso?

Duane
I really enjoyed IC Moorea also. Not a new or really luxurious resort, but great snorkeling, easy to get to from PPT and there is quite a bit to do on Moorea. The dive shop is also really good at the IC and snorkeling around the resort is very good too. Perhaps it's a little cheaper overall than Bora Bora too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.