Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 Nights Away from Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Assuming you will be traveling a good bit next year I would definitely consider it, assuming it wont be too expensive and it's nearby to where you already have to be.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by skyzy88
I ended up having to do one last business run for this year for a total of 4 nights! Wonderful and coincidental, no?

Well, my flight was delayed, so when I checked in tonight at 1 am, my 4 nights are now down to 3 and now I'm only 1 night away from Platinum! New question: is it worth it to book a hotel room for that one night?

Also, thanks for all the advice regarding miles vs. points. I didn't realize I'd get more miles if I just stocked up the points. I've changed my profile for next year.

Hi Skyzy88

Glad your nearly there. Yep do the extra night, at least you will start 2008 with a bonus of 50% more points for every stay which is good.

regards
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:02 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
I ended up having to do one last business run for this year for a total of 4 nights! Wonderful and coincidental, no?

Well, my flight was delayed, so when I checked in tonight at 1 am, my 4 nights are now down to 3 and now I'm only 1 night away from Platinum! New question: is it worth it to book a hotel room for that one night?

Also, thanks for all the advice regarding miles vs. points. I didn't realize I'd get more miles if I just stocked up the points. I've changed my profile for next year.
Simply because you checked in at 1 am doesn't mean you shouldn't have credit for that night as if you checked in before midnight ... you are paying for it, after all!

But if you are a night short, yes, do a mattress run for a night. And yes, collect points instead of miles. You can transfer points into miles. Make sure you register for the various promotions that can be found on the promotions "sticky" ... nd remember there is usually a major promotion every 3 months (usually something like double or triple points, etc.)
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:27 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
New question: is it worth it to book a hotel room for that one night?
Yes, I would also recommend doing that last night if you have any intention of completing at least of modicum of stays at PC properties next year. Plat bonus, an opportunity for a better room, ...and a shiny new Platinum and Blue card for your travel wallet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.