FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 Nights Away from Platinum
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:02 am
vsevolod4

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by skyzy88
I ended up having to do one last business run for this year for a total of 4 nights! Wonderful and coincidental, no?

Well, my flight was delayed, so when I checked in tonight at 1 am, my 4 nights are now down to 3 and now I'm only 1 night away from Platinum! New question: is it worth it to book a hotel room for that one night?

Also, thanks for all the advice regarding miles vs. points. I didn't realize I'd get more miles if I just stocked up the points. I've changed my profile for next year.
Simply because you checked in at 1 am doesn't mean you shouldn't have credit for that night as if you checked in before midnight ... you are paying for it, after all!

But if you are a night short, yes, do a mattress run for a night. And yes, collect points instead of miles. You can transfer points into miles. Make sure you register for the various promotions that can be found on the promotions "sticky" ... nd remember there is usually a major promotion every 3 months (usually something like double or triple points, etc.)