Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
Crowne Plaza Promenade, Den Haag, Netherlands

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

King bed Club Room. No recognition of IHG member (Plat Amb). Receptionist had no idea what I was talking about. Got the room I booked. When I asked what the room was all she could answer was the room number.

How are the rooms?

Good sized room, well appointed.

How is the exec. lounge?
there isn't one that I was made aware of

What was good and what was bad?
The room is good but the standard of staff here is very disappointing. Receptionist had no idea about IHG. Barman more interested in doing his 'chores' than serving people in the bar. Asked for the bill after being ignored for 10 minutes with an empty glass and his response was to leave the bar for 10 minutes. Very remote location, nothing within easy walking distance other that the Tram.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points

Not worth it. Much better hotels in better locations with actual Service and staff that understand what Service is.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 18, 2015 at 11:52 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only
Old May 18, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, absolutely

(...)
Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Platinum Elite

We stayed for 2 separate 1-night reservations within a 5 day period. On the first night, yes. On the second night, no.

Booked a Chase IHG free night award for both nights. Received an executive room upgrade on both reservations. I was not offered a suite upgrade.

How are the rooms?

The first room we received was clearly upgraded, and enjoyable. Clean, and satisfied.
The next room we received was clearly not upgraded. It was noticeably older, and less than desirable.
Also, I have no clue how the previous poster could call the rooms quiet. Must be used to living in Manhattan or something. The property is adjacent to Av Alfredo Benavides which is a major thoroughfare. Cars constantly (6am-11pm) honking. The windows are not well secured, meaning noise comes in easily. I would describe the noise as tolerable city noise, but if you need absolute peace, Lima may not be the city for you (or Miraflores specifically).

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good

Location in Miraflores is fantastic.
WiFi was speedy.
A late check out (3pm) was offered, but grudgingly after asking twice.

What was bad?

No breakfast at all for Platinum. The other poster must have been more handsome than I, because I got nothing.
When we asked for how to take the bus to Pisco, we were looked upon as if we were crazy. The bus ride was 90% cheaper than the options the concierge offered, and completely safe.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It was a nice Chase redemption. I would probably explore other properties in Lima in the future.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 19, 2015 at 9:47 am Reason: no need to quote everything
Old May 19, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by Jages
mirrors my experience there a while back. Did the barman putthe ice cubes with his fingers into the guests glasses?
Old May 19, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Miami305
Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

I have no clue how the previous poster could call the rooms quiet. Must be used to living in Manhattan or something. The property is adjacent to Av Alfredo Benavides which is a major thoroughfare. Cars constantly (6am-11pm) honking. The windows are not well secured, meaning noise comes in easily. I would describe the noise as tolerable city noise, but if you need absolute peace, Lima may not be the city for you (or Miraflores specifically).
Well, I am just a Parisian who hates (street) noise, but is lucky to have an appartment with bedrooms facing a lovely and quiet garden
I had a room on high floor with (partial) see view (read: absolutely no noise)
Originally Posted by Miami305
What was bad?

No breakfast at all for Platinum. The other poster must have been more handsome than I, because I got nothing.
Handsome, I don't know. But Royal Ambassador, certainly.
I was told, if I remember well: as there is no club lounge, you will get free breakfast (including on points)
Old May 20, 2015, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by boekel
mirrors my experience there a while back. Did the barman putthe ice cubes with his fingers into the guests glasses?
Didn't see that but there are some other 'interesting' practices similar to that.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:29 am

Crowne Plaza - Seattle Airport

Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Executive, received the same

- How are the rooms?
Quite large and modern - the bathroom has a sliding door facing the bed, which was unusual. A good selection of amenities was provided.

- How is the exec. lounge?
There isn't one.

- What was good and what was bad?
The room ticked all the boxes and there was nothing wrong with it. Parking ($19) was comped. There was nothing bad, either, although I'll be interested to see whether the welcome points post (at my usual HI, they give a voucher instead).

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
The room rate was $199 plus tax, which is on the high end but not excessive. I would probably stay at the HIX instead if I returned - I'm going there next week and they've already upgraded the booking!

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:33 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old May 22, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Crowne Plaza - Seattle Airport

Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Yes, stayed 2 times

Standard room, received junior suite (2x)

- How are the rooms?
large and some parts are new (bathroom). Bathroom has a sliding door.
Windows are old and not clear.

There isn't one.

Good location (only 3min walk to trainstation to city, 8min to airport terminals)

The room rate was below $100 plus tax. I will come again.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:32 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old May 25, 2015, 7:14 am

Crowne Plaza Anchorage

Crowne Plaza Anchorage

Platinum
Yes! It's a lovely hotel and in a great location for getting out and about.

Booked an Executive King room, received the same. No upgrade, but was offered a choice of points or a goodie bag. The goodie bag contained a large bag of mixed nuts and chocolates.

- How are the rooms?
My room was on floor 6 (the Club levels are 5 and 6) and was a north-facing with views of downtown and Denali. My room was at the end of the corridor, next to a fire escape, so it was very quiet. The room was typical CP size, clean and in good condition.

It's good - the size of a couple of bedrooms, with granola bars, fruit and (in the morning) cereals and pastries. A fridge is stocked with soft drinks and there's a water cooler for refilling water bottles. Newspapers are provided.
In the evening from 5 to 7 PM there's a bar service.
The lounge doors are open during breakfast and the evening bar service, outside of those hours it's keycode access.

Good: Efficient check-in. Friendly staff. A lovely view. Clean and comfortable room. A voucher for 2 free "adult" drinks each evening of the stay was provided as a Platinum bonus.
Bad: Nothing - it's a great hotel.

It's not exactly cheap, but staying in a major city seldom is! I would return without hesitation if I were to visit Anchorage again.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:32 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old May 26, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
HIX Strasbourg Centre

HIX Strasbourg Centre

Platinum Elite
Yes. While the amenities are sparse, the location is excellent for seeing the city and not wasting time looking for transit.
Double bed with sofa bed. Rec'd double bed (only) but on top floor with cathedral/city view. Requested downgrade to our original reservation (accomodated) because we like the big beds.
- How are the rooms?
Cramped. Not enough room to pass each other between the bed and the wall. But very clean.
N/A.
Initial parking garage entry requires MOD interaction (remote open). Took awhile for us since she was away from the desk for few minutes.
Without parking or BP package, 99€ for a great location in a picturesque city. Would definitely come back here as opposed to taking my chances with French economy lodgings.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:31 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old May 26, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
HIX Lucerne-Neuenkirch

HIX Lucerne Neuenkirch Luzern

Platinum Elite
Happy with the stay, sure. Let there be no illusions, this is a roadside motel that happens to have green/blue lighting. Very sparse and serves a need.
Double bed with sofa bed. Rec'd 1x double bed, no sofa bed, changed to 2x single beds. Didn't complain. Whatever.
- How are the rooms?
Very cramped. There is some kind of horse farm next to the property, so you can smell the uh...horses. Plenty of electrical outlets though.
NA.
Aforementioned scent of horse puckey, very strange pivoting bathroom door allowing either closed-to-room, or closed-toilet/shower-open-to-room configurations. It's convenient to Luzern (about a 10km drive). Free parking in a well-lit lot. The property is part of a huge rest-stop complex including 2 gas stations, a restaurant, and small grocery, so I think it would be good for families. Has a very American feel - hard to find in Europe.
Breakfast was inclueded, so in Switzerland that's probably a sizeable chunk of the room price. And anywhere in CH lodging is expensive, as well. So I'd say it's a good value.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:31 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old May 27, 2015, 3:24 am

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh

Platinum Elite

So so.

Junior suite (highest) and received the same.

- How are the rooms?
Not really a suite, just a larger room. We quite like the design though. However, the room we have is on the lower ground floor and doesn't even have a window (what kind of suite is that?!) There is a fire exit door only which you can't open and people pass by two meters away. I wanted to change the room but the hotel is fully booked. We could also constantly hear door closing/opening and water flushing.

N/A.

Good:
- Hotel and rooms have very nice ambiance.
- 10 mins' walk to Princes Street.
- Breakfast is relatively cheap when pre-ordered (Ł9.95 pp).

Bad:
- The FD didn't know about my Platinum status until I asked for the drinks voucher.
- Lower ground floor rooms are terrible as I mentioned above.
- Asked for 2pm check-out, only give 1:30 as the hotel is fully booked.

You can book the junior suite on reward stays for 35k points so quite a decent value. Remember to avoid lower ground floor though!

Old May 27, 2015, 6:07 am

Holiday Inn Express - SeaTac

Holiday Inn Express - SeaTac

Platinum

Yes!

Booked Executive King, received a suite.

- How are the rooms?
The suite has a living area the size of a normal room (with sofa and kitchenette) and an adjoining bedroom half the size of a normal room (due to the elevator nearby). The living area as you'd expect was quite noisy due to people going back and forth from the elevator, but the bedroom was lovely and quiet - no noise at all from the elevator.

n/a

Good - really fast checkin, offer of points or goodie bag (which contained water and a pack of nuts/chocolate). So far on this trip it's the only IHG property to have given a room upgrade.
Bad - nothing of note.

A suite for $139 in Seattle is pretty good value! If I was in the area again I'd probably still go back to the CP, as that (assuming no upgrade in either) is the quieter hotel.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:30 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old May 27, 2015, 7:39 pm

Holiday Inn Express - Golden - Kicking Horse

Holiday Inn Express - Golden - Kicking Horse

Platinum

Yes! It's a decent hotel (15 months old as of writing this) and everything is shiny and new. It's the only hotel I've seen that uses RFID keycards, for example.

Booked Executive King, received Executive Twin Queen (as rooms were still being cleaned when I checked in at 4PM).

- How are the rooms?
The room is large (larger than most on the floorplan) and includes a sofa/coffee table area in addition to a kitchenette. The view is of forested mountains and the main road - very pleasant. As it's a new hotel everything is spotless - and the TV is massive by hotel standards, it must be at least 37 inches.

n/a

You can't really go wrong with a shiny new hotel. For a HIX it's very nice - in terms of room features it's superb, far more bits and pieces than you'd find in a regular HIX (at least in Europe).
The welcome offer was points or a goodie bag. I surprised the check-in staff member by asking for the goodie bag - apparently nobody ever does that! The bag contained a bottle of water and a 100g (Canadian) IHG-branded bag of trail mix.
There's nothing bad to report.

At roughly $150 CAD a night for something that's just a notch below a suite, it's good value. It's also the only IHG hotel for miles around! If I was to return to Golden I'd stay again without a moment's hesitation.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:30 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old May 29, 2015, 11:15 am

Update on CP Den Haag

rowne Plaza Promenade, Den Haag, Netherlands

Originally Posted by Jages

King bed Club Room. No recognition of IHG member (Plat Amb). Receptionist had no idea what I was talking about. Got the room I booked. When I asked what the room was all she could answer was the room number.
T
How are the rooms?

How is the exec. lounge?

The room is good but the standard of staff here is very disappointing. Receptionist had no idea about IHG. Barman more interested in doing his 'chores' than serving people in the bar. Asked for the bill after being ignored for 10 minutes with an empty glass and his response was to leave the bar for 10 minutes. Very remote location, nothing within easy walking distance other that the Tram.

Not worth it. Much better hotels in better locations with actual Service and staff that understand what Service is.
After a bunch of emails from their FD Manager as to why I didn't enjoy my stay, I was invited back and met the FD Manager to give me an update on the issues I raised.

Here is the last stay experience report.

King bed Club Room. Got the room I booked.

How are the rooms?

How is the exec. lounge?

I was welcomed as a Plat member by the trainee FD and asked what I wanted as a welcome gift. Took the 600 points. Brenda was awesome as per my previous stays. I'm not exactly sure of her role but she's in and out of the bar and other areas of the hotel all the time. Great customer interaction and was very interested in listening to my previous experiences. Very impressive.

Today I received an email from the FD Manager to confirm my 600 points for the previous stays plus an extra 25000 points as a comp for my hassles on the previous stays. Greatly appreciated and not expected (nor asked for).

The rate I had and the complete change in experience means I think it was worth it. I'll be back next month and see if the service is the same improved service.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:29 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:06 am

Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East – ICOT Center

Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East – ICOT Center

What is your IHG/Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked Two-Room King Suite, received the same.

How are the rooms?
The room was spacious, with typical-quality HIX furnishings. Being a two-room suite, there was an actual door separating the living area from the bedroom, which was nice. Everything was in good enough condition – there were some signs of wear here and there, as well as a couple of stains on the carpet.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good

- Professional property in a small business development.
- Popcorn and cookies available in the lobby in the evening.
- Pool and pool deck were small, but quite nice.

Bad
- Not very much to do in the immediate vicinity. There are a couple of restaurants in a small shopping center connected to the parking lot, but you’ll have to go out a little ways for a bigger selection.
- Pretty loud, pretty late during the night I was there, which was a Saturday. I think there was a wedding party staying at the property.
- The breakfast area is small and not set up for a large number of guests. It was extremely chaotic when I unsuccessfully attempted to grab something to eat.

Good for Some, Bad for Others
- There are at least three adult entertainment venues within one-half mile or so from the hotel, which is somewhat indicative of the surrounding area. The hotel and the business complex it’s in is nice, but some guests may be turned off by the locale a little ways away.

Value for $ or IHG Points? Would you return?
This was the closest IHG property to an event I was attending in the area (not in one of the adult venues – or was it??) and was significantly more convenient for me than the next nearest option. Under the same circumstances I would definitely stay here again, although if I had more flexibility in location I would likely look elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.