FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old May 29, 2015, 11:15 am
Jages

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
Update on CP Den Haag

rowne Plaza Promenade, Den Haag, Netherlands

Originally Posted by Jages
Crowne Plaza Promenade, Den Haag, Netherlands

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

King bed Club Room. No recognition of IHG member (Plat Amb). Receptionist had no idea what I was talking about. Got the room I booked. When I asked what the room was all she could answer was the room number.
T
How are the rooms?

Good sized room, well appointed.

How is the exec. lounge?
there isn't one that I was made aware of

What was good and what was bad?
The room is good but the standard of staff here is very disappointing. Receptionist had no idea about IHG. Barman more interested in doing his 'chores' than serving people in the bar. Asked for the bill after being ignored for 10 minutes with an empty glass and his response was to leave the bar for 10 minutes. Very remote location, nothing within easy walking distance other that the Tram.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points

Not worth it. Much better hotels in better locations with actual Service and staff that understand what Service is.
After a bunch of emails from their FD Manager as to why I didn't enjoy my stay, I was invited back and met the FD Manager to give me an update on the issues I raised.

Here is the last stay experience report.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
King bed Club Room. Got the room I booked.

How are the rooms?
Good sized room, well appointed.

How is the exec. lounge?
there isn't one that I was made aware of

What was good and what was bad?
I was welcomed as a Plat member by the trainee FD and asked what I wanted as a welcome gift. Took the 600 points. Brenda was awesome as per my previous stays. I'm not exactly sure of her role but she's in and out of the bar and other areas of the hotel all the time. Great customer interaction and was very interested in listening to my previous experiences. Very impressive.

Today I received an email from the FD Manager to confirm my 600 points for the previous stays plus an extra 25000 points as a comp for my hassles on the previous stays. Greatly appreciated and not expected (nor asked for).

Value for $ or Priority Club Points

The rate I had and the complete change in experience means I think it was worth it. I'll be back next month and see if the service is the same improved service.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:29 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only