Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Prague Master Thread [merged] - left IHG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Here for an two night stay using points. Booked a basic (classic) room but was upgraded to a deluxe room with a view of the river and the castle because of my platinum status. Which I did not earn -- just have it through the CC. 15% discount for plats at the restaurant on the top floor, which is slightly overpriced but has good food. The cafe/bar downstairs has decent food as well. Super location. My room doesn't seem dated to me, perhaps they've renovated or I just got lucky. Moving to the Sheraton tomorrow, interested to see which is better and where has better perks, given I'm only SPG gold.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:17 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by zoomgirl
Here for an two night stay using points. Booked a basic (classic) room but was upgraded to a deluxe room with a view of the river and the castle because of my platinum status. Which I did not earn -- just have it through the CC. 15% discount for plats at the restaurant on the top floor, which is slightly overpriced but has good food. The cafe/bar downstairs has decent food as well. Super location. My room doesn't seem dated to me, perhaps they've renovated or I just got lucky. Moving to the Sheraton tomorrow, interested to see which is better and where has better perks, given I'm only SPG gold.
Love that hotel! Don't forget to use the BMW service they offer!

I know it isn't that time of year but I had the best Easter brunch in the world there last year; it only cost like $45.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 355F1
Love that hotel! Don't forget to use the BMW service they offer!]
Does the BMW service extend beyond airport/train transfers?

They have very reasonable prices (EUR 17) between the main train station (Hlavni nadrazi) and the hotel, but the price for airport transfers does't appear to be on the website.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:37 am

Just had the car drive me to my next hotel here in Prague (the Sheraton) -- 400 crowns, which is a lot, but the car is nice!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:51 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Coathanger
Does the BMW service extend beyond airport/train transfers?

They have very reasonable prices (EUR 17) between the main train station (Hlavni nadrazi) and the hotel, but the price for airport transfers does't appear to be on the website.
I honestly don't know.

I had the BMW take us to a rave at the Industrial Palace one day and then to the airport for our flight home. I don't remember exactly how much it cost but it was very inexpensive. And taxis in Prague are...well...LoL...not so clean and new.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:07 pm

IC Prague Master Thread [merged]

Interesting to see this appear almost 10 years later and long lost RA status. My now 17 year old is probably going to miss the minibar.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Here for an two night stay using points. Booked a basic (classic) room but was upgraded to a deluxe room with a view of the river and the castle because of my platinum status...

Moving to the Sheraton tomorrow, interested to see which is better and where has better perks, given I'm only SPG gold.
I don't know... a view of the river and Prague Castle versus a view of the prostitutes who like to hang out on the street between the hotel and Charles Square. Hmmm... let me think....

And 400 CZKs for the car ride??? That's maybe a 2 kilometer journey. Wow!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Quote:

Here for an two night stay using points. Booked a basic (classic) room but was upgraded to a deluxe room with a view of the river and the castle because of my platinum status...

Moving to the Sheraton tomorrow, interested to see which is better and where has better perks, given I'm only SPG gold.

I don't know... a view of the river and Prague Castle versus a view of the prostitutes who like to hang out on the street between the hotel and Charles Square. Hmmm... let me think....

And 400 CZKs for the car ride??? That's maybe a 2 kilometer journey. Wow!
Yes, the IC is in a much better location with a better view than the Sheraton, but I really liked my room with a balcony at the Sheraton. And it was about 100€ less for the evening. I usually choose location over room, but for the price and my need for some SPG stays it made sense.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here over a three day weekend and have only positive things to say about the property. I booked a King Executive room, somewhat under the impression that that included lounge access. Unfortunately, it did not (my mistake), but at check-in the clerk offered breakfast + lounge access for an additional 25 euro. This was well worth it as the breakfast buffet is really good. Huge variety of food plus eggs cooked to order. If you are an early riser/breakfast person, this is a good deal because Prague old city doesn't seem to really open up until after 9 or 10 in the morning. The lounge is OK for a few drinks and snacks in the evening.

The location of the hotel can't be beat. It is right on the river on the north edge of the old city.. easy walk to all of the sites. The building itself is rather hideous looking ... like some soviet era concrete thing sticking out like a sore thumb surrounded by all of the beautiful old architecture. Some prior reviewers thought it was dated, but I thought the room was fine. As a plat/amb they offered me an upgrade to a huge corner room looking over the old city. There was also a bowl of fruit and bottle of Czech red wine waiting for me along with a note from the manager. Nice touch.

Overall, I'd say it was a good value, outstanding location, and my stay was quite enjoyable.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:28 pm

Enjoyed my two night stay here with the room having a nice view over the river. Location is perfect and there is plenty to see and do around the area.

Worth noting that the BMW car service has since been enhanced to a Skoda car service, though the cars themselves were comfortable and were reasonably priced for train station pickup and airport transfer.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:00 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Coathanger
Worth noting that the BMW car service has since been enhanced to a Skoda car service, though the cars themselves were comfortable and were reasonably priced for train station pickup and airport transfer.
Seriously????

Did you talk to someone or is it possible that the 5-series was getting service? Maybe being swapped out for a new one?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Seriously????

Did you talk to someone or is it possible that the 5-series was getting service? Maybe being swapped out for a new one?
The price list at the front desk was updated to specifically mention the Skoda, and all the hotel cars I saw over a 3 day period were Skodas.

Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Just back from a stay at the IC Prague (trip report) .
as Always:
- upgrade to exec suite
- club lounge
- all the other benefits

I don't use their limo service, just UBER. Also mainly Skoda in uberblack but cheaper. same cars. if you want cheap, uberPop: just 228 crowns from IC to airport !!! 20-25 minute ride, and not even 8 euro.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
one of those many IHG hotels that makes me wonder, whether I should drop my Platinum membership after 15 years and spend my money elsewhere.
Claimed that they upgraded me, wonder how small standard rooms are, as my "upgraded" was so smallish. Rooms are quite old with worn down furniture. No flowers, no fruits, no newspapers, bathrobe and slippers only after my request, amenities ridiculous. Swimming pool is poor. lounge access offered for 24 Euro per day and person
and the 40 Euro for parking the car per night is a rip off!
The only positive thing about this hotel is its location...
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
You do realise that IHG platinum means absolutely nothing at InterContinental hotels, and anything they offer is a courtesy gesture towards "the other" IHG loyalty program?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.