Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Prague Master Thread [merged] - left IHG

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
For seven nights I'd email the hotel in advance and ask them what your Ambassador benefits would be if you'd buy it in advance or at the hotel during check-in. Status could make a big difference, e.g. for Club access. The lounge in PRG is small but quite nice and has some local bubbly.
Old May 21, 2013, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
For seven nights I'd email the hotel in advance and ask them what your Ambassador benefits would be if you'd buy it in advance or at the hotel during check-in. Status could make a big difference, e.g. for Club access. The lounge in PRG is small but quite nice and has some local bubbly.
Has anyone determined what the Ambassador benefits might be at the Prague IC?
On a related note, what benefits might the Prague Crowne Plaza have for Priority Club/IHG Platinum? Thanks.
IMO, neither of the properties may be worth getting with award nights. They're really quite inexpensive, relatively speaking at the global sense.
Old May 21, 2013, 11:21 pm

IC will give standard Amb benefits, room upgrade, late checkout etc. Wouldn't count on lounge access or free bfast.
CP will give lounge access (been there only for a small spread in the evening), but no free bfast.
Both should offer internet access with the coming changes to PC.

IC has better location for sightseeing stuff I think. Often it's available on 2-4-1 and other prepaid promotional rates dropping the price to about 100EUR per night which ain't bad.
Old May 22, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by Errata
Hope someone can give a definitive answer here:

Looking at rates for the IC Prague, for any given date I'm seeing "Classic Room": "Executive Room" and "1 King Bed Executive Suite".

Is this the full gamut of room types as offered by the hotel and/or IHG website?

Do any of these rooms types include club access by default? Presumably the suite and possibly the exec room?
When I booked in February (for a stay in June) there were definitely more room types. I booked a "1 KING BED DELUXE ROOM" according to my original confirmation. It was more expensive than the "Classic Room" when I booked it. The room type has been changed to "1 KING BED EXECUTIVE ROOM" by the property, which I considered to be the default Ambassador Upgrade.

However meanwhile these "Deluxe Rooms" do not show up anymore, so I am wondering whether I can book a (cheaper) "Classic Room" instead and still get the same upgrade, or even book the "Eexcutive Room" to get an upgrade to a Suite. Very confusing....

Don't know about lounge access either.
Old May 24, 2013, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Lack
IC will give standard Amb benefits, room upgrade, late checkout etc. Wouldn't count on lounge access or free bfast.
CP will give lounge access (been there only for a small spread in the evening), but no free bfast.
Both should offer internet access with the coming changes to PC.

IC has better location for sightseeing stuff I think. Often it's available on 2-4-1 and other prepaid promotional rates dropping the price to about 100EUR per night which ain't bad.
My experience of the CP late last year is that you got lounge access and there's breakfast available in the lounge.

Internet access was very slow in the CP and better (but not brilliant) in the IC. The Hilton Old Town also had relatively slow internet access and had the same provider as the IC, so I think if you need to work I'd not rely on internet access in the hotel. But it'd be ok for casual browsing, etc.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
You will easily recognise IC Prague in the recent advert :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pchxTJU-n88
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:34 pm

IC Prague

Few photos from IC Prague which I'm an author.

Famous Restaurant Zlata Paha

Bonus - Presidental Suite

More photos at: http://lubiepodroze.eu/hotel-interco...raga-recenzja/

If you've got any questions feel free to ask
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:32 am

IC Prague

Hello,

I was in January in InterContinental Prague.

Few info:
1) Good localization, near metro station and old town. Located by the river.
2) Very good breakfast (but better was in Warsaw)
3) Famous restaurant "Zlata Praha" located on the last 9th floor with view terrace.
4) Swimming pool & sauna free for guests.
5) I think this is an oldest 5* hotel in Prague.
6) Many tourists from Asia inside.

If you've got some question, just ask. I will try to answer.

Few photos below.
1) View from the other side of Weltawa River

2) Room

3) Breakfast

4) Swimming Pool (-1 level)

5) Famous restaurant Zlata Praha - nice view!

6) Presidental Suite (one part of it)

7) Computer room in a Club InterContinental

Thank you very much. If you wish to see 98 photos from IC Prague, feel free to visit my blog here: http://lubiepodroze.eu/hotel-interco...raga-recenzja/ or ask any question on FT forum

Best regards,
PJ.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Very nice set of photos. I'm staying here for the first time at the end of this month and now looking forward to it.
Do you know what benefits, if any, they give to Platinum Elite members?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by polemi
Very nice set of photos. I'm staying here for the first time at the end of this month and now looking forward to it.
Honestly I don't remember but I've got upgrade to next standard room, water, fruits.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:44 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by polemi
I, too, will be staying here for the first time in April!

Looking foward to it!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I am an Ambassador member and booking a deluxe room. How much is lounge access typically at this hotel? Is it worth it?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I am an Ambassador member and booking a deluxe room. How much is lounge access typically at this hotel? Is it worth it?
I wouldnt stay at this Hotel anymore, bexause it is old and in Need of some rennovation, definitely there are better Hotels in Prague.

The Lounge is very very small nothing special and not worth paying a lot of Euros extra as Ambassador.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
I wouldnt stay at this Hotel anymore, bexause it is old and in Need of some rennovation, definitely there are better Hotels in Prague.

The Lounge is very very small nothing special and not worth paying a lot of Euros extra as Ambassador.
Agree, with above comments. I'm an RA and don't pay for lounge and still wasn't impressed. Much better deals in Prague, even the Hilton has decent rates. Hotel is very dated, fine if at the right price but the rates always remain pretty high.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.