Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Prague Master Thread [merged] - left IHG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I know the exterior is extremely dated; has the interior been renovated? Does anyone have an email for this hotel?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I know the exterior is extremely dated; has the interior been renovated? Does anyone have an email for this hotel?
Interior rooms are dated, TVs are old, only one or two outlets available. Bathrooms look nice and full of marble. The lobby and restaurant also nice. Hallways are a bit drab. Pool and fitness room are very nice.

You can email hotel directly from the app.
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
[email protected]
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador, AA Gold
Hello All.
I just spent 4 nights in early August 2019 at the IC Prague. My contact was the guest relations manager named Jiri. I was extremely impressed with him. He quickly replied to my emails and greeted me upon arrival.
I am ambassador so I was upgraded from a classic room to a Junior Suite prior to arrival. Here are my thoughts to this IC.

Service was outstanding. From email communication to arrival, during the stay, during breakfast and departure. Everyone was ready to assist.
The room was very clean and quiet. No issues with the bed. Yes it could use some revamping but I was fine with the furnishings. I was afforded a nice view of the river from my suite. The layout is a bit odd with two bathrooms but one master bed. I did not even go into the smaller bathroom. The master bath was wonderful - all marble. The large desk was very nice to have. It was there I planned my day out and reflected at nights. There is a phone you can use during your stay, but I opted out of using it. Regardless, it is a wonderful idea and you are able to book tours directly on the provided phone. So that is a keen idea that I think can be helpful to other guests. The TV was a waste of space in my opinion and I think I turned it on only once. The "Travel Channel" was really some Religious Network so that was a bit confusing.
I did pre-buy Breakfast for 2 of the mornings. Jiri was nice enough to allow me to do this, instead of breakfast charge for all mornings. There are lots of options and seating.
The Location is fine for visiting Prague Castle but I much rather prefer the location of the Marriott. The Marriott (I stayed there for 2 nights) is closer to downtown and old town.
I did use the limo service to get to the airport. It was timely and the driver was super cool guy. Apparently the other driver that day had a mishap (wrecked one of the cars - no passengers). So that was the news and we were happy no one was hurt. But the IC car got totaled apparently.

Overall a nice stay. Wonderful service. I do not see a pressing need like others to update the rooms. I would highly recommend installing a YouTube Channel on the television, much like what Marriott Prague has installed. Late at night, i would watch that.

Last edited by NativePhD; Sep 4, 2019 at 8:51 am
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I am looking to book this hotel for next June, but on all booking platforms, it is recorded as “sold out”. On the IC website, it is unavailable starting April 26. Is the hotel closing for renovations?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
IC Prague leaving IHG

I contacted the front desk at the hotel and spoke with the duty manager and was advised that the IC Prague is leaving the IHG family and was being re-flagged as a Fairmont Hotel. Confirmed same with Ambassador Services.

I had plans to revisit this property on a subsequent trip to Europe.

mxm135
KathinJax likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by MXM135
I contacted the front desk at the hotel and spoke with the duty manager and was advised that the IC Prague is leaving the IHG family and was being re-flagged as a Fairmont Hotel. Confirmed same with Ambassador Services.

mxm135
Thank you for your reply. I was afraid that was the reason that it could not be booked after April on any platform. I had sent an email to the hotel, but had not heard back from them. Now, I just have to figure out where to stay for our trip.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat

mxm135
That’s sad to hear. Not the most fabulous IC in Europe but good location and staff. And it’s great/an expectation to have ICs in the big tourist cities. Quite a gap now for IC to fill.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Considering that IHG have been strengthening its position in Central and Eastern Europe (IC Sofia, IC Ljubljana, talks of an IC in Belgrade), it would surprise me if they don't replace this property with something (better). Huge market for both business and pleasure. This property is pretty worn down and in need of a major refurbishment, but as said above; great staff and location.
DonPedro likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat

mxm135
must be going through a major refurb otherwise that’s an odd hotel Choice for fairmont
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:55 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have adjusted the thread title to reflect that the hotel is leaving IHG

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
must be going through a major refurb otherwise that’s an odd hotel Choice for fairmont
leaving in May 2020, major refurb in 2022 and opening as Fairmont Golden Prague in 2023

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lux...-fairmont/amp/
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:16 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Like a number of ICs overseas they are tired & dated and in need of renovations
Sad that they have to turn into other brands
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Drat!

For next summer i had a nonrefundable booking with them for August 2020.
i have just emailed the hotel to ask:
if existing bookings are honored,
if benefits (RA) still apply or are extended during the management transition and stay
if it still possible to earn points, make the stay count towards RA qualification
-------
Will post the results
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Your last point on getting IHG credit is not feasible if they have exited the system. Just think about it. Rest maybe if they feel generous, but I doubt they'll do much beyond honoring the reservation and the rate for IHG members or offer full refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.