Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

Based on recent history, there is a winter password that starts around the US Thanksgiving Holiday in November through the end of February and a summer password that starts around the US Memorial Day Weekend in May and ends around the US Labor Day Holiday in September.

Current Password "Chalet All Day"
Valid Between 1 December 2023 and 29 February 2024

Official postings will come from Kimpton via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and X (fka., Twitter).
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.

Older Post
November 2017 to December 2018
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Ambassador, Inner Circle; Marriott/SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia

Front desk had three snow globes (made by one of the managers). Your prize is on the bottom. I chose Spiked Cocoa. An electric kettle was deliver with a Mason jar of cocoa mix & marshmallows with a mini Baileys.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Kimpton Can Zandt - Austin

The Front Desk Agent recognized me and rather than drawing for a prize just offered me $25 bar credit, 5000 points, Sparkling wine and something else.

I chose the $25. I love this hotel. The people are great. The rooms are great. The bar is great.
Graf von B likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Taconic Manchester, VT - 31 Dec to 2 Jan

Property went with a “pay it forward” social password whereby you select an ornament from a Christmas tree with a child’s name on it and the hotel will donate a book to that child in the local area from that local book store.

I was a bit surprised by this one. I support children reading, but average income in Manchester is high for Vermont and at $519 per night for a property that is usually less than half that, a freebie would have been nice.

This is a great property, but avoid when they’re fully booked. Room wasn’t serviced by the time we returned at 17:00 (left at 11:00), dinner reservation was an hour late, and mediocre, and breakfast service was totally mailed in

was told a new promo would be coming soon...
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:08 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador/Spire Elite/Kimpton Inner Circle. AA: Plat. SW, UA, DL, Alaska: nuttin'!
Originally Posted by puck021
I’m confused. You said they were deposited the next day but then they weren’t deposited? If they weren’t, I wouldn’t let it slide. Contact the hotel manager directly and then kimtpon.
Two different stays, one on the 25th and the other on the 31st. The comment about points not deposited was associated with the stay on the 25th. So the 5k points for the stay on the 25th failed to get deposited. The 5k points for the stay on the 31st were deposited and showed up the next day.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador/Spire Elite/Kimpton Inner Circle. AA: Plat. SW, UA, DL, Alaska: nuttin'!
Talking The Lorien

Checked in again at The Lorien this evening for an 8 night stay.
Clerk didn't recognize me but did not perform any ritual for the options ... said that hotel was completely full for the weekend and could not give me an upgrade ... had already been informed that I had walked so quickly said "you don't need parking" ... asked if I wanted a bottle of red or white wine but then quickly said "your Spire Elite and we've already given you a bottle as an amenity" (I didn't know that because obviously I hadn't yet been to the room -- a bottle of red with a plate of fresh fruit) ... so then asked if there was something else that I'd like, and I answered that I'd appreciate breakfast, and she came back with 8 American breakfast vouchers, one for each morning! NICE!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by RNgo314
At Kimpton Rowan in Palm Springs this past stay, it was choose a number between 1-5. Received 2 vouchers for drinks worth $13 each.
At kimpton Rowan this week, promotion was pick 1 to 5. 1 was a palm spring tram ticket, 4 was 2 drink vouchers, 5 was 1pm checkout. The tram ticket worked out great since we are going anyways

No upgrades for Spire elite, standard amenity was 600pts or $10minibar credit
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
Originally Posted by kouichi
At kimpton Rowan this week, promotion was pick 1 to 5. 1 was a palm spring tram ticket, 4 was 2 drink vouchers, 5 was 1pm checkout. The tram ticket worked out great since we are going anyways

No upgrades for Spire elite, standard amenity was 600pts or $10minibar credit
thanks Staying 2/9-2/11 (20% back when using CSR up to $120) plus IHG 20% room discount. Picking 2
Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Kimpton Monaco - Washington DC

As I was checking in I mentioned I needed to eat and asked if the restaurant was still open. It was 8pm and I never assume. She told me it was definitely open. I then by happenstance remembered the secret password. She offered me a $40 room and beverage credit which extended to the hotel room.

Probably the third time the secret password has been really generous for me in all my stays at Kimtpon. Also they upgraded me to a suite so that made the stay even better.
puck021 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
Kimpton Monaco - Washington DC

As I was checking in I mentioned I needed to eat and asked if the restaurant was still open. It was 8pm and I never assume. She told me it was definitely open. I then by happenstance remembered the secret password. She offered me a $40 room and beverage credit which extended to the hotel room.

Probably the third time the secret password has been really generous for me in all my stays at Kimtpon. Also they upgraded me to a suite so that made the stay even better.
I love the DC Monaco
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:16 pm

The Lorien

Checked in again on Sunday, January 26th, for a 4 night stay. Clerk recognized me and grabbed a small notebook when I gave him the phrase; he said something like "about all I can offer you that you might be interested in is a bottle of wine to your room." I declined but asked for breakfast instead, and he gave me 4 continental breakfast vouchers. That's not as good as the American breakfast vouchers the week before but nice anyways.
Anyhoo, I already had a bottle of white wine and some fresh fruit sitting in my room as an amenity, which according to the accompanying note, was because I was Spire Elite -- I haven't yet received notice that I will re-acquire Inner Circle for 2020 and am doubting that I will do so.
Graf von B likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Phaeton
Checked in again on Sunday, January 26th, for a 4 night stay. Clerk recognized me and grabbed a small notebook when I gave him the phrase; he said something like "about all I can offer you that you might be interested in is a bottle of wine to your room." I declined but asked for breakfast instead, and he gave me 4 continental breakfast vouchers. That's not as good as the American breakfast vouchers the week before but nice anyways.
Anyhoo, I already had a bottle of white wine and some fresh fruit sitting in my room as an amenity, which according to the accompanying note, was because I was Spire Elite -- I haven't yet received notice that I will re-acquire Inner Circle for 2020 and am doubting that I will do so.
what were your kimpton stats for last year?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
La Peer West Hollywood

La Peer West Hollywood

Told something would be sent to the room. Nothing sent. Third time of asking told $10 minibar credit. Disappointing, as was the entire La Peer stay.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Kimpton Everly, Los Angeles

Kimpton Everly, Los Angeles
Offered all kinds of choices for in room amenity, late check-out (didn't need), upgrade to spa studio suite. Took that one and received a large corner room with beautiful views of the city. Much better experience all round than the La Peer.
hockeystl and puck021 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Graf von B
what were your kimpton stats for last year?
Right at 14 stays for about 25 nights, guessing maybe $3500 total.

Still haven't received Inner Circle status, going to inquire though because my 2019 rollover nights have still not appeared.

Last edited by Phaeton; Feb 10, 2020 at 2:08 pm Reason: add a couple more lines
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:10 pm

The Lorien

Checked in Friday, February 7th, for a 5 night stay. Received one voucher for an American Breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.