FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Intercontinental Ljubljana

Address
Intercontinental Ljubljana
Slovenska cesta 59,
1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/gb/en/ljubljana/ljuha/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-IC-_-SI-_-LJUHA

Experiences / Reviews
Royal Ambassador Experiences
October 2017
November 2017

Pre-Opening discussion about this hotel:
Pre-Opening discussion[/u]
Print Wikipost

IC Ljubljana Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:22 am

Spire Amb. Paid night.

Upgrade to nice corner room.

Very modern hotel and room.

Housekeeping is terrible. Service overal is a let down.

Club offering minimal, but friendly staff.

Chaotic and unorganised breakfast lacking in quality.

A pitty, as the whole hotel looks very nice.

Small pool with a drainage problem. Jacuzzi too cold. Nice sauna and steam bath.

No welcome drink. Welcome points. 15 euro credit.

Location is a 5min stroll to center.

Last edited by 336; Nov 30, 2019 at 10:27 am
Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
Just completed a 4-night paid stay as RA. This was a personal trip rather than business. The hotel is very new and well-designed, but there are still some small fit/finish and technical issues that need to be resolved. We were upgraded to the highest floor (with rooms) and floor to ceiling windows. The shower glass scraped on the floor and it was hard to shut the shower glass door completely. All of the Instant Service / Room service / Housekeep buttons all went to the front desk and were therefore slow when it was busy (but that was only once).

The concierge was extremely helpful as we preferred to book a car and driver rather than hire a car (usually we do the latter, but we were taking it easy this trip). Lots of knowledge most notably about history of his country, Slovenia, which really helped tune our full day drive to things we wanted to see.

The food was pretty good, but we ate in the hotel only once. The hotel is not _perfectly_ located, but is within a very easy walk of central, the train station, and the triple bridge area. As previous poster noted, breakfast was not the best. While the club was nice, it didn't really offer anything other than some snacks and drinks or a hang out spot during the day. Breakfast was not served in the club (despite there being some facilities for it) and the main breakfast area was busy.

For value, service, and location, i give the hotel 9/10. Full 10 would be having a fully-functional club and some of the fit and finish items sorted from being a new hotel.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Full review of my stay in June 2022
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:15 am

Any recent experiences?
How is the Club Lounge these days?
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
I want to book this hotel from Sep 1-3 (2 nights), but the IHG website states no rooms available. However, if I try Aug 31 - Sep 2, or Aug 31 - Sep 3, there are rooms available. Is there something going on in Ljubljana at the beginning of Sept that might be affecting hotel availability? I've never been to Slovenia, so am quite clueless.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 5:56 am

I was able to book for Sept. 8 awhile back, so maybe they are just full. I'm seeing lots of sold out hotels in that time frame.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 7:10 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by mangoMan
I want to book this hotel from Sep 1-3 (2 nights), but the IHG website states no rooms available. However, if I try Aug 31 - Sep 2, or Aug 31 - Sep 3, there are rooms available. Is there something going on in Ljubljana at the beginning of Sept that might be affecting hotel availability? I've never been to Slovenia, so am quite clueless.
Labor day weekend in North America, perhaps they are limiting bookings to 3 nights+ for that weekend
Old Apr 20, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Labor day weekend in North America, perhaps they are limiting bookings to 3 nights+ for that weekend
have my doubt that Slovenia will be overrun by Americans over an extended weekend.
dw, cruisr, the810 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
While I agree with boekel that Labor Day shouldn't have an effect on hotel availability in Slovenia, it does appear to be a 3 night minimum for check-ins on either Sep 1 or 2. Other check-in dates show availability for 2 night stays. I wonder if somehow this min stay requirement (presumably due to Labor Day in USA) inadvertently got applied to this hotel?

[edit] Emailed the hotel to ask if they have 3 night min for Sep 1 check-in date.

Last edited by mangoMan; Apr 20, 2023 at 6:40 pm
Old Apr 21, 2023, 6:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Although we see a lot of Americans in Slovenia,
They usually come in droves during all spring / summer / autumn / winter periods
and not just on only Labor Day dates set in the USA.....

Slovenia's public holidays can crimp availability at this hotel :
https://www.gov.si/en/topics/national-holidays/

But in your case there might be the case of a minimum stay due some events/fairs running in town.....

googling your stay dates yields
The most important one being:
https://analysisandactivism.org

Cynic: Ljubljana Hotels might need to host all those stressed out climate change activists that suffer from burn outs....... causing room availability to fluctuate ...and some guarantee in case they wreck the joint or have changable attitudes ...

We got to ride in the Netherlands the first wave of the latest innovation which is becoming trending and viral across the world
https://www-humanistischverbond-nl.t...n&_x_tr_pto=sc

which will be held in some form at the conference in Ljubljana 1-3 Sept 2023

Source:

PS:
Sorry for the cynic mode:
in my era and upbringing,
people just burned their bras to make a statement.....

Last edited by HadesNL; Apr 21, 2023 at 8:59 pm
Old Apr 24, 2023, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by mangoMan
While I agree with boekel that Labor Day shouldn't have an effect on hotel availability in Slovenia, it does appear to be a 3 night minimum for check-ins on either Sep 1 or 2. Other check-in dates show availability for 2 night stays. I wonder if somehow this min stay requirement (presumably due to Labor Day in USA) inadvertently got applied to this hotel?

[edit] Emailed the hotel to ask if they have 3 night min for Sep 1 check-in date.
Hotel replied. They do indeed have a 3 day min for check-ins on Sep 1 or Sep 2. Oh well. We have a room booked at the Grand Hotel Union which seems quite nice, and costs less than the IC as well.
Old May 29, 2023, 11:27 pm

Any recent experiences?
Old Jun 2, 2023, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by 336
Any recent experiences?
How recent, and in what context? I stayed here for a few nights in January.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 8:18 am

What about transportation from the airport? Is Uber an easy/available option? Looking for a relatively manageable way to get there. Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lancexfang
What about transportation from the airport? Is Uber an easy/available option?
There are no Uber service in Slovenia.

Transfer fares from Jožeta Pučnika Ljubljana airport to Ljubljana InterContinental is around EUR 50

For some reason, it is cheaper to call a cab than to pick it up at a cab rank.

There is also a cheap bus option that stops 5 minutes walk from hotel (I took once back to the airport and it was cheap, comfortable and reliable).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.