IC Ljubljana pre-opening Master Thread (now open)

Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:56 am
Original Poster

IC Ljubljana pre-opening Master Thread (now open)

Morning all, Mrs Atacama stumbled across a couple of press articles about this...anyone have any details save the normal IHG press pages? Interested when might be opening etc. Press pages say 2017.

Checked the disposals thread but nothing jumping out

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Pictures of the hotel to open in 2018

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1876727
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Delta Holding and InterContinental Hotels Group have already signed the Management Agreement for Crowne Plaza Hotel Belgrade and the Development Agreement for InterContinental Hotel in Belgrade.

Delta Holding will construct the tallest and one of the most attractive buildings in the capital city of Slovenia. The new five-star hotel will have 165 rooms, 2 banquet halls for 500 guests, several conference halls, a presidential suite, a spa centre with a swimming pool and fitness zone. On the 21st floor of the hotel there will be a restaurant with a panoramic view of Ljubljana.

Objects gross building area is 23.322 m˛, of which building area of above-ground floors 17.273 m˛ and underground 6.049 m˛.

http://www.deltarealestate.rs/active...bljana.48.html
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I see a train going by in one of the photos, but I can't tell how close this is to the central station? There has been a lot of development over the last 8 years or so in that area so I hope it is close by. Ljubljana needs a great hotel as previous (currently?) the best was the Slon, a Best Western hotel.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: IHG Spire A, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
I see a train going by in one of the photos, but I can't tell how close this is to the central station? There has been a lot of development over the last 8 years or so in that area so I hope it is close by. Ljubljana needs a great hotel as previous (currently?) the best was the Slon, a Best Western hotel.
As far as I know, it will be right next to the train station (5 min walk)
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

A belated thanks to all for data forwarded....something new to try next year.

And whilst a little OT, anyone got an opening date for Robertson Quay .... it seems to have slipped a lot from the original schedule which if I got it right was last year.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:45 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Ilseum
As far as I know, it will be right next to the train station (5 min walk)
I asked a colleague from Ljubljana during a meeting and he confirmed, that it is next to the station and walkable. He also told me, that the city is lacking any international chain hotel of a higher category and there should be some demand for a hotel of a higher category in the city; he feared, that it might be a bit to oversized (read to expensive for local clientele and demand for internatonal traveller are not that high?).
Old May 16, 2017, 1:50 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Good to know that there will be an IC coming to LJU!

LJU is one of the nicest old towns of europe IMO and is full heartedly recommended for a long weekend stay. As long as the IC is not yet ready I recommend the 5star "Grand Hotel Union" which is right at the old town.

The location of the IC is near the inner city/old town but a 10-15 minutes walk. Location to train station is good with about 5 minutes walk. Location has lots of car traffic so I hope the soundproofing is good.

LJU can be easily (and usually affordably) reached by Adria airways and either rental car or bus from the airport in the outskirts. Train connection to Salzburg/Munich is also good and a VERY NICE scenic ride through the alps. There is also a night train with perfect timing for a weekend out from Munich. Also there are very affordable bus connections to Munich. If you've got a rental car a visit to beautiful Lake Bled is recommended, it's a 45 minutes trip.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:03 pm

Appears this hotel will be open as of October 1?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3 mo too late for us... i can volunteer to stress test the place if they let me book it...
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:48 am

September 15th

Thought it was going to open too late for me, too, but now it's opening the day I arrive in Ljubljana. Booked it yesterday.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:49 am

Not early enough for us. We will be in Ljubljana this weekend. Have stacks of IHG points to be used. Will check out another time.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:24 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

As the hotel is now open, I am going to close this thread. Post after the opening have been moved to the Master thread about this property, which is located here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...er-thread.html

A Wiki has been added as well to this thread.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.