FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Intercontinental Ljubljana

Address
Intercontinental Ljubljana
Slovenska cesta 59,
1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/gb/en/ljubljana/ljuha/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-IC-_-SI-_-LJUHA

Experiences / Reviews
Royal Ambassador Experiences
October 2017
November 2017

Pre-Opening discussion about this hotel:
Pre-Opening discussion[/u]
Print Wikipost

IC Ljubljana Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by flybyFIRE
Do you have to pay an entrance fee to access the saunas, pool, and such?
nope
flybyFIRE likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Just a recent data point.
Completed a two-night stay, which was generally excellent.
As a Plat Ambassador, was upgraded from lowest category room to a Club room (w/o club access) on the 17th floor. It was a corner room which had a big negative, alas - the two walls of floor to ceiling windows in the summer made the room super warm, such that the A/C never cooled it down. I tried keeping the curtains drawn most of my stay, but still sweated every night.
Concierge was very friendly and helpful.
Rooftop bar/restaurant are lovely with great views of the entire city, but there was only one bartender and very slow waiter service- went for a drink to use my F&B credit and was there 30 minutes before I got a drink, which I then had to pound down to make a restaurant reservation.
Gym is excellent though it also gets hot given the floor to ceiling windows. Indoor small lap pool/whirlpool is nice and relaxing unless/until children arrive.
Note that rates were high when I first started looking, around 8 months before stay, but dropped substantially closer in.
Mercator supermarket across the street; easy walk to anywhere in Central Ljubljana. I didn't use any other mode of transport during my stay. Overall, would stay again.

Club room

Club room

Club room bathroom

Club room bathroom

Rooftop bar

Gym

Pool area
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

I refused that club room 5 minutes after I checked in. It's crazy it gets that hot. I feel so bad for the poor folks at reception who need sunglasses to work in the morning.

Same here with roon rates. It was something like 400 euro and dropped to 150. Guess they are keeping that bizarre strategy alive.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:50 pm
Suspended

some advice pts or $$

1stly yes I realize many people will have a different opin, but I hardly ever use my pts have a mid 6 figure stash left

Looking to stay for 3 nights Im not an IC AMB or anything other then a IHG Plat (which is worthless at an IC Im fully aware). also aware 4th night is free when booking 3 but it cant be swung this time, if it matters its my 1st time to LJU and wont have a rental car, its a leisure trip

my choice is 120k for a standard room or 550 Euro since I have the CC I get 10% back so its really 108k or apx 1/2 cent a pt.

love the location since its < 5 mins to/from the Bus Station where I need to catch my bus to VCE and where the airport bus drops me off, cant beat that, and will have 1 checked bad in tow

Was thinking of The Best Western but no award stays available and its 128E + tx per night and not as close as The IC to The BS

If this is the wrong thread to have posted this I apologize in advance
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:17 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Personally I would use the points unless I was saving them up for something specific in the next 12 months.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:04 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The Best Western is 2 minutes walk from the IC, do not trust Google Maps who tells you it is 1 km as for some reasons the algo does not compute the right way. The extra 2 minutes are on a very flat and smooth pedestrian road. This should be as good as the IC for the bus station. The price differential is huge and the Best Western is a very good hotel.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:30 am

Does Club lounge get you bf in restaurant?

Is the bf in restaurant any different from lounge?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fransknorge
The Best Western is 2 minutes walk from the IC, do not trust Google Maps who tells you it is 1 km as for some reasons the algo does not compute the right way. The extra 2 minutes are on a very flat and smooth pedestrian road. This should be as good as the IC for the bus station. The price differential is huge and the Best Western is a very good hotel.
I agree and tried t book the BW but it wasnt available for a pts stay any of the days I needed. That said if I was going to pay $$$ I agree its cheaper, probably not as nice as The IC.

I was able to get The Radisson Blu very cheap (not worth using 28K for my last night and booked it till the maps showed it being an hours walk from The IC and bus station, turned out the red marker on The Rads map wasnt showing where the hotel is but maybe central LJU and the blue marker which isnt seen unless you enlarge the map to full page or min it is actually where The Rad is way away from where I want to be

btw the BW would be 385e for the 16 sqm room, no way I get that , so the comfort room would be 413E or $463 which still mean a net net of 1/2 cent apt at The IC. Id rather use up the pts However had award nights been available at The BW I would have traded with someone for BW pts and stayed there, that would have assumed a very fast trade as well, which is far from what it usually is

Last edited by craz; Jul 17, 2019 at 6:56 am
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 336
Does Club lounge get you bf in restaurant?

Is the bf in restaurant any different from lounge?
club access does not allow for breakfast in the restaurant
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:14 am

Thanks. Is There any difference?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 336
Thanks. Is There any difference?
club is cold buffet and limited hot a la carte
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Yes! if you purchase Club access or book Club room you can have breakfast in the main restaurant at floor 20. That's much better choice than Club itself.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by doktor24
Yes! if you purchase Club access or book Club room you can have breakfast in the main restaurant at floor 20. That's much better choice than Club itself.
Then that must be a policy change because I was told no 1 year ago.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Then that must be a policy change because I was told no 1 year ago.
Breakfast is allowed in the restaurant if you have club access. I got confirmation today (currently using my AMB certificate there )
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Just a recent data point.
Completed a two-night stay, which was generally excellent.
As a Plat Ambassador, was upgraded from lowest category room to a Club room (w/o club access) on the 17th floor. It was a corner room which had a big negative, alas - the two walls of floor to ceiling windows in the summer made the room super warm, such that the A/C never cooled it down. I tried keeping the curtains drawn most of my stay, but still sweated every night.
Concierge was very friendly and helpful.
Rooftop bar/restaurant are lovely with great views of the entire city, but there was only one bartender and very slow waiter service- went for a drink to use my F&B credit and was there 30 minutes before I got a drink, which I then had to pound down to make a restaurant reservation.
Gym is excellent though it also gets hot given the floor to ceiling windows. Indoor small lap pool/whirlpool is nice and relaxing unless/until children arrive.
Note that rates were high when I first started looking, around 8 months before stay, but dropped substantially closer in.
Mercator supermarket across the street; easy walk to anywhere in Central Ljubljana. I didn't use any other mode of transport during my stay. Overall, would stay again.

Club room

Club room
Just checked in as a lowly IHG Plat (not even Spire) I was Upgraded to the 16th floor King Club room and looks exactly like the pics above, sort of a view of The Castle but some pf it is blocked by the high rise across the street. To my left a full view of the train/bus stations

Nice hotel but after spending 3 nights @ The Hyatt Parisi Udvar in BUD its let down. Unless ultra modern is your thing . The PU was an old building redone a Class act, this place is OK but a far cry from The class of The PU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.