FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Intercontinental Ljubljana

Address
Intercontinental Ljubljana
Slovenska cesta 59,
1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/gb/en/ljubljana/ljuha/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-IC-_-SI-_-LJUHA

Experiences / Reviews
Royal Ambassador Experiences
October 2017
November 2017

Pre-Opening discussion about this hotel:
Pre-Opening discussion[/u]
Print Wikipost

IC Ljubljana Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:17 pm

Points creep

Sometime in the fall I made award reservations here for summer at 35,000 points/night. Was just looking at some other dates and noticed it is now 40,000 though this hotel was not on the list of increases for January 18. In case anybody is keeping track of unpublished increases.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DC10
I visited IC Ljubljana today. They have very nice bar at the 20th floor overlooking Ljubljana. Prices are a bit higher than average but are still not skyrocketing. Cocktails are 9€, Wine is 6€ and Soft Drinks are 4€. Staff is very nice and profesional. This is best hotel in Ljubljana for sure, first because service is top notch which is not case in many 4* hotels in Ljubljana. Second because rooms and facilities are moderen and new. I would like to see more international hotels such as Hilton, Sheraton, etc to come to Ljubljana. Currently we have Radisson Blu, Four Points by Sheraton, Best Westeren Premier and now Inter Continetal. In 90s and 00s we also had Holiday Inn and Inter Continetal but both brands left Ljubljana and properties became a memeber of local hotel chain.
When we stayed in Lubijana we stayed at the Best Western Premier, simple reason was, it was close to the river and older part of town. I thought the hotel was excellent for the price and was a with-in walking distance of many things to see. the IC is too far away, just like Sheraton.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
When we stayed in Lubijana we stayed at the Best Western Premier, simple reason was, it was close to the river and older part of town. I thought the hotel was excellent for the price and was a with-in walking distance of many things to see. the IC is too far away, just like Sheraton.
There is no sheraton - only 4p which is indeed rather far. IC on the other hand is only 10 min walk from triple bridge and about 5 min from BW Slon you mention.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Ljubljana is a tiny capital.
The Best Western Premier is a whopping 3 minutes walk from the IC...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
on a recent stay as RA had a standard room booked and was given a Junior Suite that was darned nice

mini-bar was weak but there is an espresso maker in the room, good work space, lots of outlets

Club Lounge service was extremely good but snacks and drinks a bit too 3 star for the money you pay nightly but they will prepare a decent steak & eggs breakfast for you

there is a big secured outdoor parking lot across the main road on a diagonal that is 7 to 10 Euros per night

there is an excellent fit club + sauna though I did not try the spa services

presently this is the best hotel in Slovenia from what I heard and the suites are excellent

the location is more than convenient
Cielito_ likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by #1son
[...] mini-bar was weak [...]
hopefully no special RA-treatment... xD
#1son likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: IHG Spire A, HH Diamond
Finally had a chance to stay there. Booked Junior Suite and got Executive Suite because of Spire Ambassador status.
The Suite is great. One of the better ones I stayed at. I like the layout a lot. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The hotel was quite empty when I stayed there. Rarely saw more than three people in the lobby and I ever saw one other couple in the lounge.
The lounge offerings are quite lame to be honest. Breakfast buffet is extremely minimal with only two slices of ham/salami/cheese per product out at the same time. So, if you want more than two slices of salami, take the two and wait 5 minutes for it to be refilled. You can order from the breakfast menu as well, which had 7 (I think?) items. The avocado bread was quite good actually.

Now back to the room...
The shower drain was clogged for the whole stay. 20 seconds of using the fancy rain shower was enough to fill up the shower and the water already pushing out into the main bathroom area.
Housekeeping didn't clean the shower and bathtub on the second day (replaced all the items though). Vacuuming was never done. No turn down service either on the second day (which I usually don't care about).

Sooo, yeah. New hotel, staff needs more time to get the right rhythm going, I guess.
Those ambient lights on the windows are freaking annoying. At the end, I covered all 12 of them with objects from the room... Do they have an on/off switch?
A crib costs 30 euros per night... Would have been nice to know before the stay, and not as a side note during check in.

Many little things. In the end, we left with a feeling that this wasn't worth it.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Ilseum
Those ambient lights on the windows are freaking annoying. At the end, I covered all 12 of them with objects from the room... Do they have an on/off switch?
Technology for the sake of technology is a current irritant
I asked the same in Mexico about the "helpful" movement sensor light that are meant to assist you finding the lavatory in the middle of the night. Instead they are high intensity LEDs that flash on and wake you up every time you shuffle about in bed. Must be fun for honeymoons...

Answer was "no, but you can prop pillows against them"

A crib costs 30 euros per night... Would have been nice to know before the stay, and not as a side note during check in.
That sort of penny-pinching attitude is soooo annoying.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Finally had a chance to stay there. Booked Junior Suite and got Executive Suite because of Spire Ambassador status.
The Suite is great. One of the better ones I stayed at. I like the layout a lot. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The hotel was quite empty when I stayed there. Rarely saw more than three people in the lobby and I ever saw one other couple in the lounge.
The lounge offerings are quite lame to be honest. Breakfast buffet is extremely minimal with only two slices of ham/salami/cheese per product out at the same time. So, if you want more than two slices of salami, take the two and wait 5 minutes for it to be refilled. You can order from the breakfast menu as well, which had 7 (I think?) items. The avocado bread was quite good actually.

Now back to the room...
The shower drain was clogged for the whole stay. 20 seconds of using the fancy rain shower was enough to fill up the shower and the water already pushing out into the main bathroom area.
Housekeeping didn't clean the shower and bathtub on the second day (replaced all the items though). Vacuuming was never done. No turn down service either on the second day (which I usually don't care about).

Sooo, yeah. New hotel, staff needs more time to get the right rhythm going, I guess.

Many little things. In the end, we left with a feeling that this wasn't worth it.
What are the evening lounge offerings? Will be there shortly and your review didn't make me too happy. Perhaps they are already cost cutting due to low occupancy. Is the roof bar a happening spot for locals?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Evening lounge offerings were quite thin according to my experience from early 2018. We didn't like it at all.As Ilseum mentioned, the breakfast quantities placed on the table are pathetic! We ordered egg products from the menu during breakfast, but kitchen is not great at all - too much oil was used for cooking.Be prepared to wait 10-15 mins to get your order during breakfast.The gin&tonic offering is impressive at the roof bar.
I think the management doesn't know how to run an IC lounge.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:11 pm

I stayed in Ljubljana Intercontinental for (4) nights this June. Before I make any comments about the hotel, let me say that I totally loved the city, the country, and its people. I can't wait to go back.Now, back to the hotel.
The good:
1. The hotel is a short distance from the main Bus and Train station. The location was important to me as I was traveling without a car. Walking to the heart of town was just as easy: 5-7 minutes of pleasurable stroll and you are right in the middle of everything

2. The hotel is very new and has a business feel to it. I had a very large corner room, with lots of windows and a beautiful view. The bathroom was big and modern. The bed was comfortable.

3. Breakfast was served on the top floor of the hotel. Again, beautiful view and quite a good variety of food. Good selection of made-to-order dishes, such as omelet with truffles. Great coffee. Attentive service.

Not so good:
  1. Housekeeping needs to improve. During the (4) days of my stay I don't believe the room was vacuumed even once. I saw the same pieces of minor “stuff” on the floor when I checked in and when I was ready to check out. The waste basket was emptied only twice during my stay. The empty bottle of lotion was not replaced even though I put it right at the front of the counter, "begging" for a new one.
  2. Room service did not exist or maybe there was some kind of “allocation” of supplies per each room. By that I mean that none of the amenities in the room were replaced during the 4 days of my stay. I had to ask for new water bottles on the second day, which were delivered swiftly. But tea bags, packages of hot chocolate were never refiled. What's with this? Overall, I still liked the hotel and will give it B-. If housekeeping improves the grade will come up to A. I can't wait to visit Ljubljana again and to give IC another chance.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Hold on. I can get scrambled eggs and truffles???

In the lounge? Or is this where the restaurant is?
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:20 pm

My room rate included breakfast at the restaurant on the top floor of the hotel. They had quite an impressive menu to choose from, including eggs with truffles.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by smooth
2. Room service did not exist
But the milk delivery service is spot on!
Yes, there are some service bugs to be smoothed out for sure. I stayed in September when they opened, and again a few weeks ago. Could not find a single employee that was still working there from opening. Of course, on opening there were managers pulled in from other locations to help out. But I think in general it is not easy to find people locally with the right experience for such a hotel.

I should add that I have been to the bar, but not the restaurant or lounge. My first reservation showed lounge room upgrade in the app (from standard room as a lowly ambassador), but it wasn't open yet.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smooth
My room rate included breakfast at the restaurant on the top floor of the hotel. They had quite an impressive menu to choose from, including eggs with truffles.
I will have club access. No idea if they allow you to take breakfast in the restaurant. Most hiltons let diamonds do it. Don't think I've stayed at an IC that allows it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.