Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
General Email :-
"SINIC Reservations" <[email protected]>

Pre-Opening Contact:-

Zak Muysken
Director of Guest Services

INTERCONTINENTAL® SINGAPORE ROBERTSON QUAY <== Now OPEN, Oct2017
Pre-opening Office:
25 North Bridge Road,
Level 1 EFG Bank Building, Singapore 179104
Hotel Hotline: +65 6826 5000

www.intercontinental.com/robertson-quay
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:00 am

Ok, thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
How are the lounge offerings at this property. I refuse to stay at the IC Bugis after the ruckus they caused during my last stay in 2022.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:55 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
How are the lounge offerings at this property. I refuse to stay at the IC Bugis after the ruckus they caused during my last stay in 2022.
breakfast is a typical lounge breakfast buffet spread. A little bit of everything. You can order eggs a la carte.
The high tea service was the best of all three daily offerings. Plenty and tasty.
Canapés during cocktail hour were more than a disappointment. So tiny (4 super mini Canapés on a plate) and takes them so long to bring.

Egg Benedict during breakfast

High tea serving day 1

High tea serving day 2

Canapés

In between breakfast, high tea and cocktail hour you get drinks, cookies or crisps or fruit.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Club+Menu+Inserts_2022_new.pdf (101.3 KB, 40 views)
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Thank you that really helps, so breakfast and high tea looks ok but evening stuff not so. Do you feel it is worth it. What exactly is house wine? I mean are these any wines that are worth it at all. I need to book April 28-May 4th. Any suggestions? Voco is an option also.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Thank you that really helps, so breakfast and high tea looks ok but evening stuff not so. Do you feel it is worth it. What exactly is house wine? I mean are these any wines that are worth it at all. I need to book April 28-May 4th. Any suggestions? Voco is an option also.
I paid 100SGD for two days and two people (kind of misunderstanding in their offer mail - they wrote 100SGD for two people for the stay but meant 100SGD for each day). It was OK, but if I had paid the regular rate of 80SGD per person and night I would have been very unhappy
There is a tiny 7eleven right across the street where you could grab drinks and snacks.

Can‘t comment on the wine as I don‘t like wine. Had a glass of beer one evening (house tap). All other beer brands would have cost extra.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 11:55 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Avoid if evening canapes and drinks are important. Very stingy
Old Mar 17, 2023, 9:06 am

I am a Gold EliteMember, will I get lounge access during my stay?
Old Mar 17, 2023, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Chris Fong
I am a Gold EliteMember, will I get lounge access during my stay?
nope - only if you buy lounge access - 80SGD/person and night or book a lounge access room at first.
even Diamond won't get free access unless they have earned the lounge access reward
Old Aug 25, 2023, 3:42 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Had a 4-night stay here last week. SIN is one of the locations where there can be a huge discrepancy between cash rates and points. Here, I paid 104k IHG points for 4 nights with Chase 4th night free and 10% points discount (or roughly US$125/night when buying points at .5cpp). The new Voco would have been roughly the same, and HIX Atrium approx. 18k a night. Cash rates stood at SG$250-300 months out, and even higher just prior to the stay. IC Bugis would have been 50k-ish points a night or SG$500-ish. So staying at one of the lesser options was pretty obvious to me, although it wasn't an easy choice between IC-R, Voco, and HI-A.

The IHG App showed a wild ride of pre-upgrades, from standard to river view to top floor, and at check-in, I ended up with a king room on the 9th floor. Of course these rooms are the same in the feature that matters most (size), and the top floor river view would only be a very marginal improvement. 95% of their rooms must be the same, with only a tiny handful of corner rooms and suites? Standard rooms have been pretty well described above -- most importantly, they are tiny. It was fine for me, travelling on my own. But I can see how it could be challenging if you came here for a special occasion.

The front desk "couldn't see" my lounge pass, so I had to show it on the App. No idea why some hotels can't see it. Or is the idea to verify? Surely, looking at a screenshot on the App can't be much more secure than relying on your internal system? Anyway, I was granted lounge access. You can take breakfast at the lounge or in the restaurant, there's an afternoon tea offering, plus evening drinks and canapes. The whole thing is thoroughly disappointing. Breakfast is the least bad, but underwhelming by Asian standards in terms of selection and quality. Some of the hot Asian items were lukewarm, and I took a bite of Turkey that tasted off, so I spat it out. Afternoon tea was odd. I went twice (on my own), and was given the tiniest selection I've ever seen at an afternoon tea. Every time, there were items missing -- sandwiches, scones. On the first day, I came at 3:30pm and waited until almost 4pm to have my tray delivered. Maybe it was the bad weather, more guests than they had planned for. Evening happy hour a similar shambles. Two small plates of cheap leftovers from breakfast (cheese and meats/salmon), plus a plate with four "bites." A couple nights, this looked reasonably complete, but twice, it seemed as though they had to stretch the items they had been allotted. For instance, one plate had a spoon featuring a bed of cole slaw, but nothing in it. Now, in their defence, alcohol flows freely, and in addition to wine/beer, they mix tasty drinks.

The location is not ideal for getting around. I spent a few dozen nights at the nearby Four Points pre-Covid and know my way around with buses and Grab, and indeed I occasionally walked to the Orchard area, but for the average visitor, the location of the Voco would likely be far preferable, and even that of HI-A, which benefits from a new MRT line. I'm inclined to say this is the weakest IC I've ever stayed at, but despite all justified criticism, it's a good buy if you can get it for US$125 worth of points. Otherwise, I'd look elsewhere.

Afternoon tea on Day 1: missing scones, light on sandwiches.

Day 3 afternoon tea: This may be the complete set? One sandwich missing?

Day 1 happy hour: This is the complete set, including meats and cheese.

Day 4 happy hour: What's this garbage? And what's supposed to sit on the spoon?
FLYGVA and HadesNL like this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 4:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Is that KFC's coleslaw on that spoon !
Old Aug 25, 2023, 6:30 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Wow that is a very sad looking offering
Old Aug 25, 2023, 6:57 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yah, this is definitely not worthy of a Club offering. The IC Bugis high tea and evening snacks aren't awesome (the scones are decent, but I'm still sour about whipped cream versus clotted) , but way way better than this.

Add to that the small rooms, location and this isn't a super attractive package. Maybe this should rather be an Indigo over an IC. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.