Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
General Email :-
"SINIC Reservations" <[email protected]>

Pre-Opening Contact:-

Zak Muysken
Director of Guest Services

INTERCONTINENTAL® SINGAPORE ROBERTSON QUAY <== Now OPEN, Oct2017
Pre-opening Office:
25 North Bridge Road,
Level 1 EFG Bank Building, Singapore 179104
Hotel Hotline: +65 6826 5000

www.intercontinental.com/robertson-quay
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:13 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Atacama40
The rooms do look crazy small ... style fine but very small. The Intercontinental's move into capsule hotels?
FWIW, yes the room are incredibly small. They get away with it because they're incredibly well designed and space efficient, so they manage to make a 23m² room feel like what would be 35m² in most hotels.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Does anyone know the difference between the Executive Suite King and Quayside Corner Suite King? Ironically, the Executive Suite King is bigger (44 sqm) and is one category lower than than the Quayside Corner Suite King (41 sqm). Any DPs on the difference between the 2 rooms?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Any recent stay updates?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
This hotel has been a quarantine facility for a long time and just opened up for regular bookings a few weeks ago I think. Probably going to take a bit to have any recent stay experiences.

All I can say from having seen the rooms before, for an IC they are on the compact side. A bit snazzier, modern design, but lower category rooms are tight and just okay for 2 people in my book. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; May 9, 2022 at 1:38 pm
Old May 9, 2022, 1:49 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Maybe I should have read the reviews here before booking for November 2022 haha. I don't mind too much if the room is a bit small, i'm a solo traveler but I'll have a big suitcase with me with diving equipment. But at 38,400 points per night, it was hard to resist (versus 26-27k at some HIX).
I don't mind the location, I've lived in SG before and I like that area. Bus stops nearby can take you to Orchard or Clarke Quay. You can even walk to Clarke Quay MRT along the river, it's not that bad.
The IC at Bugis was 50k per night. Hoping maybe for a small upgrade
Old May 9, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Your luggage will be a tight fit I think judging purely by how "heavy" I have seen some diving enthusiastic friends travel. Should be overall manageable for a solo traveller though. YMMV. The points saving over IC Bugis is fairly big so could be worth it to stay here.
enelym1978 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, IHG Diamond Amb
I just checked-in and was told I would not receive my Ambassador upgrade because I had apparently booked under a corporate rate. I've never used a corporate rate to book stays before, not sure how that could have happened. I'll chat to front desk when I get back to the hotel. But anyone experienced this before?
Old Nov 26, 2022, 12:16 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by ninjalot
I just checked-in and was told I would not receive my Ambassador upgrade because I had apparently booked under a corporate rate. I've never used a corporate rate to book stays before, not sure how that could have happened. I'll chat to front desk when I get back to the hotel. But anyone experienced this before?
How much you paid for the room?
Old Nov 26, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
So what rate did you book? Regular Member rate?
Old Nov 26, 2022, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
How much you paid for the room?
SGD350/night for King Classic

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
So what rate did you book? Regular Member rate?
Advance Saver Member Exclusive - I believe this was just a regular 7-day cancellation rate or might have been the recent SEA sale rate

Sorted it out. Front-desk could see that I booked through the IHG website, but was somehow attached to a random corporate travel agent ID. I thought it might have been because I used cashback affiliate links, who knows. Got my upgrade in the end, but sadly it was only a technical upgrade, same room + lounge access (but without lounge access lol). Slightly better view though.

Last edited by ninjalot; Nov 26, 2022 at 4:53 am
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:12 am

Travel agent rate vs. corporate rate would still be different. Front desk may have misspoken or is ill informed.

We have 270 SGD corporate rate IIRC and never been refused an upgrade. Our company folks would make a ruckus for sure and it would be counter productive for the hotel to loose a bigger account.

Travel agent type rates are a different story and they may even refuse benefits etc. Not sure on the shop back site, but a possible cause.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
SGD350/night for King Classic

Advance Saver Member Exclusive - I believe this was just a regular 7-day cancellation rate or might have been the recent SEA sale rate

Sorted it out. Front-desk could see that I booked through the IHG website, but was somehow attached to a random corporate travel agent ID. I thought it might have been because I used cashback affiliate links, who knows. Got my upgrade in the end, but sadly it was only a technical upgrade, same room + lounge access (but without lounge access lol). Slightly better view though.
I Use Topcashback, I know it will put a IATA travel agent number into my booking, maybe the IATA number confused the FD staff.
I stayed there recently, booked using corporate rate 320sgd/night, no issue with upgrade.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Travel agent rate vs. corporate rate would still be different. Front desk may have misspoken or is ill informed.

We have 270 SGD corporate rate IIRC and never been refused an upgrade. Our company folks would make a ruckus for sure and it would be counter productive for the hotel to loose a bigger account.

Travel agent type rates are a different story and they may even refuse benefits etc. Not sure on the shop back site, but a possible cause.

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
I Use Topcashback, I know it will put a IATA travel agent number into my booking, maybe the IATA number confused the FD staff.
I stayed there recently, booked using corporate rate 320sgd/night, no issue with upgrade.
I occasionally search for rates through a link for the Mastercard 15% off BFR promo (typically not cheaper than non-cancellable rates, but a cancellable booking is handy sometimes). It seems to add some random corporate ID and searches using that instead of the actual MC promo rate. Then it seems if I revisit the site using the regular website link the corporate ID is still somehow attached even if you book a regular rate. I have feeling this might be why the FD were confused, but also why they could tell it wasn't a corporate rate either. I've cleared all my browser data.

Strange they used it to deny my upgrade, given your experiences. Maybe because I'm still relatively new to Diamond Ambassador, its my first year in the program and I've only done 40-nights so far.

Last edited by ninjalot; Dec 5, 2022 at 12:42 am Reason: Removed image
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:48 am

IC Singapore Robertson Quay vs IC Singapore

Hi, how does the the IC Singapore Robertson Quay compare to the IC Singapore? I have gone over the FT threads but haven't found any recent discussions. Planning a trip to the region next year, would be our first time in Singapore. Thanks

Edit: This would be points stay. I have noticed that in the IHG site showing all of the hotels in Singapore, it says the following for the IC Singapore Robertson Quay: "Excludes 10% Service Charge". Does this only apply to this hotel?

Last edited by Mister P.; Dec 22, 2022 at 7:56 am
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:53 am
jxd

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi, how does the the IC Singapore Robertson Quay compare to the IC Singapore? I have gone over the FT threads but haven't found any recent discussions. Planning a trip to the region next year, would be our first time in Singapore. Thanks
The IC Singapore is definitely a notch above the IC Robertson Quay. I would book the IC Singapore if the points/cash rate isn't significantly more. Also the IC Robertson Quay is a fair bit away from the nearest MRT, whereas the IC Singapore is connected to the MRT via the shopping mall, which is a godsend in Singapore because of the heat and humidity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.