Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
General Email :-
"SINIC Reservations" <[email protected]>

Pre-Opening Contact:-

Zak Muysken
Director of Guest Services

INTERCONTINENTAL® SINGAPORE ROBERTSON QUAY <== Now OPEN, Oct2017
Pre-opening Office:
25 North Bridge Road,
Level 1 EFG Bank Building, Singapore 179104
Hotel Hotline: +65 6826 5000

www.intercontinental.com/robertson-quay
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by jackrussellterrier
From what I heard today from someone in IHG it may not open this year. Whether true or not, worth noting perhaps. I wonder what the problem is though if true.
Recently they were only taking reservations as from December 1st, 2017.

When I verify today, they are accepting bookings as from October 12th, 2017.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
FWIW, the management at the existing IC Singapore told me last week that it is unlikely to open until February 2018 at this point.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: IHG
I contacted the hotel yesterday, and they said they're aiming for mid to end of October. We'll see...
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:45 am

Contacted them again, and mentioned the February 2018 thing. They are insistent that they will be opening towards the end of October, and that my stay over New Year will be honoured.
​​​​​​​ I hope so, because the location looks fantastic.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I hope so too for your sake! Good luck!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:09 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KMPete
FWIW, the management at the existing IC Singapore told me last week that it is unlikely to open until February 2018 at this point.
Beware Chinese whispers!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:58 am

I am booked at the IC Robertson Quay from the 22nd of October and I have confirmed via telephone that they will be open. I am keen to stay here as the rooms look fantastic. I will pop some photos up. This will be my second brand new IC in a month after my Down Town LA stay last week.
I have also received a call from the hotel to confirm they will be open from the 12th of October.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:40 am

It is impossoble to book a night on 12/10 on IHG.com...
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
The Facebook page now has a count down till the opening which is sometime next week.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 336
It is impossoble to book a night on 12/10 on IHG.com...
studio king, club rooms , are bookable

i suspect soft opening and maybe no upgrades possible if book the better room cats
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:58 pm

They must have updated it. Wasn’t available this morning.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:23 am

I'm here right now and I honestly would not recommend it at all. Maybe if you constantly visit Singapore and are a business traveler by yourself but as a tourist with a partner, it just feels so... hate to say it, terrible.

It feels like they're tried to cram as many rooms as possible into the hotel. Your room is just so cramped up. I got "upgraded" to a Club Studio and it just feels like a basic room, without the Club access. Your view of the river is pretty much just a small part, blocked by another residence block in front of you, with a nice view of their laundry.

This is probably the first IC location I regret going... it's my first time here and I really wish I chose the other IC Singapore location.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gyuudon
I'm here right now and I honestly would not recommend it at all. Maybe if you constantly visit Singapore and are a business traveler by yourself but as a tourist with a partner, it just feels so... hate to say it, terrible.

It feels like they're tried to cram as many rooms as possible into the hotel. Your room is just so cramped up. I got "upgraded" to a Club Studio and it just feels like a basic room, without the Club access. Your view of the river is pretty much just a small part, blocked by another residence block in front of you, with a nice view of their laundry.

This is probably the first IC location I regret going... it's my first time here and I really wish I chose the other IC Singapore location.
Probably still soft opening with not all rooms available, which may limit upgrades hotel can give? Maybe you can ask how much of hotel floors/rooms are open/ready at the moment.

Seems extra room cats created since I booked ages ago for Sep2017 which stay had to be canned as hotel delayed opening. I just can't see point of being upgraded +1/+2 cats from base room type now, unlike the originally listed room cats 9months ago or so.

Yep I saw the small room sizes, you'd now need to book Studio Club to get upgraded to bigger rooms (unlike my first booking), a bit pointless as an RA who gets free lounge on paid stays. One of the advantages of the pre-existing IC SIN is larger rooms easy to reach on upgrades.
(I'd rather book Exec room at Conrad and hope for a suite upgrade, than book Studio Club here. Shame as I really like the Quay area which I visit everytime I stop in singapore)

I may stay just the once here, as I am promised to receive a makeup for first Sept2017 booking that was cancelled by the hotel. After that first stay I'd struggle with RA rooms, room upgrade would result in.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Probably still soft opening with not all rooms available, which may limit upgrades hotel can give? Maybe you can ask how much of hotel floors/rooms are open/ready at the moment.

Seems extra room cats created since I booked ages ago for Sep2017 which stay had to be canned as hotel delayed opening. I just can't see point of being upgraded +1/+2 cats from base room type now, unlike the originally listed room cats 9months ago or so.

Yep I saw the small room sizes, you'd now need to book Studio Club to get upgraded to bigger rooms (unlike my first booking), a bit pointless as an RA who gets free lounge on paid stays. One of the advantages of the pre-existing IC SIN is larger rooms easy to reach on upgrades.
(I'd rather book Exec room at Conrad and hope for a suite upgrade, than book Studio Club here. Shame as I really like the Quay area which I visit everytime I stop in singapore)

I may stay just the once here, as I am promised to receive a makeup for first Sept2017 booking that was cancelled by the hotel. After that first stay I'd struggle with RA rooms, room upgrade would result in.
This issue with room size is prevalent in many new IC properties. IC London O2, for example; - a "suite" at 30SQM, - two-thirds of the inventory at the refurbished IC Barclay. Tiny, tiny rooms.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
I really don't know what to think of a IC with seating "inspired by first class airline seats"
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.