Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:14 pm
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Thank you for the info. It is much appreciated
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:09 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I'm reasonably happy that my points&cash task posted to the dashboard only 8 days after the stay, though not so happy about paying GBP 35 to buy 7400 points, but it should be worth it if the rest of my stays are successful.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
For the first time ever I've managed to complete all 7 tasks, and I just got all the points. Too bad the prize for achieving that was just 14,000 points this time.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:14 am

I was also able to complete all 7 tasks for the first time as well, which was only possible with my trip to China that help me net the 67,800 points. If my business trip happens next month, I should also hit the August bonus as well for another 1500 points.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:09 am

Sorry If this has been asked before I searched the thread but didn't find anything. So my accelerate dashboard shows some of my tasks completed but the points haven't posted to my account yet. Is this something I should contact IHG about or does it take a few days for the points to post after the dashboard shows task complete. In past promotions it has seemed like the points posted when the task was shown complete.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I wouldn't worry yet. It can take a day or two for the points to post in your account after it has shown up on the dashboard.

--Jon
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:04 am

I've learn not to bother IHG until a week or two. Anything before then, the usual response is please wait up to 8 weeks.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Might not make another stay at an IHG property n the timeframe but have completed 80% of the food & drink spend task, can spend be counted towards the task of its made at an IHG hotel I'm not staying at ?
I guess it wouldn't automatically accrue but anyone know if IHG will agree to include somehow ?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Does a one night stay checking in 31st July and checking out 1st August count for the stay once in August bonus task?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold, IHG Spire
Hello,

I have and question. (Based in Singapore as a Datapoint) I just registered and I got

Earn 41,500 total bonus points.

2,000 Stay Once Get 2,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.

10,500 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 7 night(s) and earn 10,500 bonus points.

2,400 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 2,400 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash. We’ll reward you with bonus points when you use a combination of Points & Cash, allowing you to stretch your reward nights even further.

8,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) and Europe and earn 8,000 bonus points.

17,100 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 17,100 bonus points.

1,500 August Bonus Play
Stay once in August and get 1,500 bonus points.

Currently I have 2 bookings in August, 1 in a Staybridge Suite and 1 in a Candlewood Suite but I am traveling to Shenzhen China most likely on the 9th of August.

Am I correct to say the best way seems to be using Cash and Points at the Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen for 5,000 Points and USD$70.00 (BTW The Best Flexible Rate is USD$70.22 including taxes) where I will get the most bang for the buck instead of just a normal flexible booking for the most points? Any comments or suggestions?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by studioboss
Hello,

I have and question. (Based in Singapore as a Datapoint) I just registered and I got

Earn 41,500 total bonus points.

2,000 Stay Once Get 2,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.

10,500 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 7 night(s) and earn 10,500 bonus points.

2,400 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 2,400 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash. We’ll reward you with bonus points when you use a combination of Points & Cash, allowing you to stretch your reward nights even further.

8,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) and Europe and earn 8,000 bonus points.

17,100 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 17,100 bonus points.

1,500 August Bonus Play
Stay once in August and get 1,500 bonus points.

Currently I have 2 bookings in August, 1 in a Staybridge Suite and 1 in a Candlewood Suite but I am traveling to Shenzhen China most likely on the 9th of August.

Am I correct to say the best way seems to be using Cash and Points at the Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen for 5,000 Points and USD$70.00 (BTW The Best Flexible Rate is USD$70.22 including taxes) where I will get the most bang for the buck instead of just a normal flexible booking for the most points? Any comments or suggestions?
Since you already have another paid booking in August, you are correct in that an add'l one night stay using C&P is better than the paid stay in terms of points earnings (assuming you will not continue to try to book more nights of course)
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Question for the group...

I have an option of a single $213 paid night that would complete my Accelerate program and earn me 23,900 points. Plus I'd get 3,100 points for the stay + IHG credit card points (another 1,000), netting me 28,000 points for the one night stay

However, I could also redeem 40,000 points and make the stay free. I'd get back 10% due to the IHG cc (so it'd be 36,000 points redeemed) That's a redemption @ .533 points per (.59 after rebate) which isn't the best redemption but I do have a decent amount of points that I likely won't use until next summer (which means they will go through a possible devaluation between now and their use).

What would you do if you were me? Go for the add'l points or pay and earn em? I'm leaning towards earning 28,000 but want to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Jul 29, 2017 at 1:39 pm Reason: more granularity provided
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:41 am

Is that your only upcoming stay that could complete your Accelerate tasks? If so, I'd definitely pay cash and earn the points.

If the reward points cost was like 15,000 or 20,000 I might consider burning the points, but it's fairly easy to find redemptions at 0.5-0.6 cpp value.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Do Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express count as separate brands?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Do Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express count as separate brands?
Yes they do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.