Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The Amsterdam Kimpton is currently an exception- discussion somewhere here that it's rebranding from a Crowne Plaza or something and ownership got approval to keep it in the main IHG program in order to keep consistency for regular guests rather than move it to Kimpton Karma. The rest of the Kimptons still remain in their own sphere
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I have booked a two night stay Monday-Wednesday in a hotel for business purpose. I have now made a 2nd booking in the same hotel from Saturday to Monday for private purpose. I could not cancel and rebook as one single four night stay because the hotel is already fully booked from Monday to Wednesday.

One of my Accelerate tasks is "Stay a Little Longer - Earn 6,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of 4 or more consecutive nights".

I s there a trick to get these two bookings combined upon check-in so that they will count as a 4 night stay? And if so, would it make any difference if I pay the first nights separately (so that I have a separate invoice for the last two nights)?
I've got the same issue after staying for 4 nights in total in the same room at a hotel but across two separate bookings. It's not triggered the "Stay a Little Longer" task despite the terms and conditions for the task not saying that it had to be booked as one reservation and, instead, referring to the general promotion and IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions that say "A Stay is defined per IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”)". So based on that I made a stay of 4 nights. I'm currently in discussion with IHG about it but so far getting no joy...

Last edited by olympian; Jun 13, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by beachmouse
The Amsterdam Kimpton is currently an exception- discussion somewhere here that it's rebranding from a Crowne Plaza or something and ownership got approval to keep it in the main IHG program in order to keep consistency for regular guests rather than move it to Kimpton Karma. The rest of the Kimptons still remain in their own sphere
It may be an exception for redemption - but according to T&C's it won't count towards Accelerate.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by olympian
I've got the same issue after staying for 4 nights in total in the same room at a hotel but across two separate bookings. It's not triggered the "Stay a Little Longer" task despite the terms and conditions for the task not saying that it had to be booked as one reservation and, instead, referring to the general promotion and IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions that say "A Stay is defined per IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”)". So based on that I made a stay of 4 nights. I'm currently in discussion with IHG about it but so far getting no joy...
Thanks olympian. I finished my 4 nights stay yesterday. I asked reception to combine both reservations into one bill. They have done so, but the check-in date is the 3rd day (the first day of the 2nd booking). Meanwhile the first two nights have posted as a non-qualifying stay and a stay for the last two days is pending. I fear that I will also need to reach out to customer support to get this resolved. Will keep you posted.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
Thanks olympian. I finished my 4 nights stay yesterday. I asked reception to combine both reservations into one bill. They have done so, but the check-in date is the 3rd day (the first day of the 2nd booking). Meanwhile the first two nights have posted as a non-qualifying stay and a stay for the last two days is pending. I fear that I will also need to reach out to customer support to get this resolved. Will keep you posted.
By combining both reservations into one bill you've now screwed up the points and qualifying nights so you'll definitely need to contact IHG to get that resolved. That will then get you the correct number of qualifying nights, following which I'd suggest then asking them to sort out the "Stay a little longer" task for you.

As it happens, I decided after the third email reply failing to actually address my issue to speak to someone and they agreed that a stay of 4 qualifying nights is indeed a 4-night stay for that Accelerate task irrespective of how many reservations the stay was booked against and they would ensure that it was manually completed since it hadn't happened automatically because the system was incorrectly treating it as two stays.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I just wanna make sure as I'm finalizing my travel, which matches up exactly with the end of the window. My offer is:

1,000 Stay Once Get 1,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,000 bonus points.
5,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 5,000 bonus points.
8,400 Be the Readiest®
Be the Readiest® by staying at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 8,400 bonus points.
25,600 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 3 offers and earn (an additional) 25,600 bonus points.

Right now I have reservations for:

08/27-28: Holiday Inn Express 1
06/28-06/02: Holiday Inn Express 2

So that'll be exactly 5 nights by the end of the window (August 31st-checkin days being included), but my 2nd stay won't be "completed". Am I correct in assuming that booking it like this will complete all 3 offers and thus net me 40'000?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by olympian
By combining both reservations into one bill you've now screwed up the points and qualifying nights so you'll definitely need to contact IHG to get that resolved. That will then get you the correct number of qualifying nights, following which I'd suggest then asking them to sort out the "Stay a little longer" task for you.
You are right. For the moment I have ended up with one non-qualifying stay of 2 nights and one qualifying stay of 2 nights. So that was not a clever move .
I have sent an email to IHG Customer service asking them to resolve this. Let's see how long (and how many emails) that will take...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Since you are AMB - it will take you just one call to AMB line to resolve it.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: LatinPass Million Miler
Question re my husband's bonus

I travel fairly frequently for work so I will complete by Accelerate challenge this month.

Next month my husband plans to join me for the weekend after I've completed a a few days of business. His challenge includes staying 6 nights. Is it possible for me to check in to a HI property under his name at the start of my business trip and he not join me until several nights later? Could he get the credit for the entire stay?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by vandykes44
I travel fairly frequently for work so I will complete by Accelerate challenge this month.

Next month my husband plans to join me for the weekend after I've completed a a few days of business. His challenge includes staying 6 nights. Is it possible for me to check in to a HI property under his name at the start of my business trip and he not join me until several nights later? Could he get the credit for the entire stay?
AFAIK, that should be no problem. The booking at the (second / target) property should be done in his name for two adults - preferably with both full names being entered at the booking stage, with your husband's name being the first. Then you need to check in on the start date of the booking - just tell them that he will come later. Mess up the bed / bathroom somewhat or store a bag / used clothes there - just to give the appearance of it being occupied. Repeat until he comes. Have him check out at the end of the reservation. Bingo! But have you checked whether the reward is worth the bother / expense?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by puchong
AFAIK, that should be no problem. The booking at the (second / target) property should be done in his name for two adults - preferably with both full names being entered at the booking stage, with your husband's name being the first. Then you need to check in on the start date of the booking - just tell them that he will come later.
I've done this a few times myself. I book the reservation in my name (so I get the points) and add my partner's name to the reservation with a comment that she may arrive before me to check in. I've been ready to jump on the phone/send email/send fax/etc. at time of check in to assure the front desk it's legit but we've never been challenged. The main difficulty I'd anticipate in your case is getting expense reimbursement (you mentioned it's for business) if your finance team notices the hotel room booked in someone else's name. They might delay, reduce, or refuse reimbursement.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:58 am

The following is from my dashboard. I completed a stay which triggered the first two tasks regarding the number of nights, but didn't trigger the early stay/before June 30th task, even though it's clearly before June 30th. Does that one usually post later or will I have to get involved to get this fixed?

3,000 Early Stay Bonus
Stay once before June 30th and get 3,000 bonus points.

2,500 Stay Once Get 2,500
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,500 bonus points.
Completed stay at Munich - South, Munich, 6/2/2017 - 6/5/2017

5,000 Stay 3 Nights
Get an additional 5,000 bonus points after night 3.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Lyssa
The following is from my dashboard. I completed a stay which triggered the first two tasks regarding the number of nights, but didn't trigger the early stay/before June 30th task, even though it's clearly before June 30th. Does that one usually post later or will I have to get involved to get this fixed?

3,000 Early Stay Bonus
Stay once before June 30th and get 3,000 bonus points.

2,500 Stay Once Get 2,500
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,500 bonus points.

5,000 Stay 3 Nights
Get an additional 5,000 bonus points after night 3.
Although it may seem odd that the "early stay" bonus didn't yet post, I would allow another week or so before you bother getting involved.

Most likely, it will post by then. (Remember that the T&Cs say to expect bonuses to post within "two to three weeks" after the stay.)
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: Miles and More
I have "Eat, Drink and Earn" task and a 4-night family stay at German HI coming up. I would prefer to book my breakfast in advance, since you get 2 breakfasts per room if paid in advance for the same price as per person if paid on arrival. Do we have any experience here how such type of spend usually shows up at the dashboard? I know that technically it is not in accordance with the promo rules, but usually you can not distinguish it from the hotel bill whether you paid for breakfast in advance or not, it is all in F&B line.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by alexanderrr
I have "Eat, Drink and Earn" task and a 4-night family stay at German HI coming up. I would prefer to book my breakfast in advance, since you get 2 breakfasts per room if paid in advance for the same price as per person if paid on arrival. Do we have any experience here how such type of spend usually shows up at the dashboard? I know that technically it is not in accordance with the promo rules, but usually you can not distinguish it from the hotel bill whether you paid for breakfast in advance or not, it is all in F&B line.
when I tried paying it in advance after making the booking on a previous promo the hotel changed the rate code and it didn't work. Due to it being inclusive.

Last edited by chrism20; Jun 20, 2017 at 7:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.