Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FL390
All tasks completed and all points have been posted to my account.
Wow! Unique set of tasks, you have!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Stay 3 more nights by August 31 to earn an additional 5,000 bonus points.
I completed all my tasks a couple of weeks ago and received the same email.

Additionally, an extra task has appeared on my Accelerate dashboard:
"1,500 - August Bonus Play - Stay once in August and get 1,500 bonus points."
terms.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:00 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I just completed a few tasks and they posted within 2 weeks of my stay. But my weekend stay task didn't post even though the stay posted for other tasks. I contacted customer service and was told that each task posts at different times and that I should wait up to 8 weeks. I find that odd.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The IHG system seems to be set up for batch processing in a number of areas rather than each event triggering an individual request for points to be awarded within the system. There are some batch points processing requests they seem to run every day or every other day; other system sweeps happen weekly or monthly.

Sometimes you get lucky and you'll complete a task or have a request for points that are close to the day they run that sweep in the system; other times it's the few weeks like they say it will be. If you do enough different IHG promotions, you can even figure out when they typically do the batch for each activity type. (example- e-Rewards redemption batch runs and posts overnight on Tuesdays North American time zones, and e-miles redemptions always get run the last day of the month)
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Kremmen

terms.
After your post, I went and looked at mine and I also have an added task that wasn't there when I made my post about 5000 points for every 3 days (unlimited). They added an extra task similar to yours to my Accelerate:
August Bonus Play
Stay once in August and get 2,000 bonus points.

Lot of bonuses stacking for August with the HIX promo for 2X, 3X, also.

AUGUST BONUS PLAY
Stay once in August and get 2,000 bonus points.
Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after your Qualifying Stay at any IHG brand hotels which must be completed between 1 August 2017 and 31 August 2017 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN™ or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts® , Holiday Inn Select, and the Holiday Inn Club Vacations® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn® brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand. A Stay is defined per IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). For purpose of this Offer under this Promotion a Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” which include most business and leisure rates. IHG® Rewards Club is responsible for fulfilment of the bonus points offer. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the bonus points to be posted into your account. The number of bonus points listed above will not count toward “Your Achievement Bonus offer”. This Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. IHG reserves the right to remove a member’s bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.

Last edited by CalItalian; Jul 23, 2017 at 12:30 am Reason: Added Accelerate August Bonus Play Terms
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:47 am

I have also received the "August Bonus Play" 2,000 bonus points for staying in August. I have only completed half of the Accelerate targets so far (But stayed 35 nights), and live in the U.K.

So it seems likely that most people have this offer.

We don't get the stacking HIX promo though in the U.K?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Also got the "2,000 August Bonus Play" added onto my list and I'm only at 50% completion
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Lionheart
I have also received the "August Bonus Play" 2,000 bonus points for staying in August. I have only completed half of the Accelerate targets so far (But stayed 35 nights), and live in the U.K.

So it seems likely that most people have this offer.

We don't get the stacking HIX promo though in the U.K?
Only for the Americas (see 4th post - my post) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...-targeted.html
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Kremmen

terms.
Interesting. I too got this 1,500 bonus points for an August stay - although didn't receive an email about. I did receive an email about getting 5,000 points for 3 nights - but it is NOT showing up on my Accelerate page
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I got the offer for 1500 for an August Stay. I also separately got the Summer Promotion for double or triple points for 3+ night stays at HIX. My business travel is way down this summer (transitioning to a new role at work), so haven't made much progress on the IHG promo's (nor the Marriott Megabonus).

--Jon
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Similar here, 2k for 1 stay in Aug for me, 1.5k on a family members account.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I wasn't done with my Accelerate when the new task posted (although I completed all my task last night). Anyway, I got 1500 for one stay in August.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:42 pm
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Use points

So sorry if this question has been already asked, but does anyone know the answer to this? One of the things I have to do is use points for either a download, book a room, but a gift card, etc. For the download it really does not say in the terms if you have to use a minimum of points. I saw some for 300 points. is this ok to complete this task? Thank you for any help.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by mav
So sorry if this question has been already asked, but does anyone know the answer to this? One of the things I have to do is use points for either a download, book a room, but a gift card, etc. For the download it really does not say in the terms if you have to use a minimum of points. I saw some for 300 points. is this ok to complete this task? Thank you for any help.
Any amount of points that get deducted from your account will work. Over the years there have even been a handful of books shown that are cheaper than 300. However, with some of those titles when you attempt the download it never works. Once you choose a book and successfully complete the download, you'll see the points deducted instantly from your account. Eventually that download will trigger the bonus.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by mav
For the download it really does not say in the terms if you have to use a minimum of points. I saw some for 300 points. is this ok to complete this task? Thank you for any help.
The cheapest ebook digital downloads are just 150 points. Even those will trigger the bonus, provided you see the points deducted from your account.

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.