Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Had a stay checking out Monday 24th, stay posted a couple of days later but still not showing on my accelerate dashboard.
I thought they were doing a weekly sweep, anyone had anything recently appearing on their accelerate dashboard?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by MrsW
I take a screen shot of the booking so if there is a problem I have proof it was an app booking. I have done this since I lost out on points when IHG said I hadn't used the app, when I had.
Good idea thanks. I should adhere to my own policy of never trusting any organisation's customer service, but in this case I presumed an app booking was just that. We live and learn!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Ok, but are you sure you used the app and not the mobile website (and you didn't modify the reservation on the mobile website either)? Both work on a mobile device, but the promo specifically requires the app.

I don't know how they tell which reservations were booked with the app. They've had such "book with the app" tasks for many cycles of Accelerate and similar promos over the last few years, and no one has ever seen any indication they can see themselves showing how their reservations were made. So if there is indication, it's only visible somehow to IHG (maybe in the reservation itself, or may they have to cross-check with some other database?), not to you.
Thanks. I did access the desktop site to check past bookings (app only lists 5 previous transactions) but I am convinced I used the app to book. It was/is the default way of booking for me, even when my laptop was working pre-May 2017. It seems the onus is on me to prove it. Screenshots for next booking as advised below !
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Is a stay for the night of 31st August included?

Well the subject line says it, really. I have a stay of one night, checking in on 31st August and therefore checking out on 1st September. The stay will get me a large bonus under my 'stay in two countries other than your own' target.

The terms and conditions say that stays must be completed by 31st August.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by rangerss75
Well the subject line says it, really. I have a stay of one night, checking in on 31st August and therefore checking out on 1st September. The stay will get me a large bonus under my 'stay in two countries other than your own' target.

The terms and conditions say that stays must be completed by 31st August.
I'm in a similar situation as you and last time I asked in here and from other people asking the same question it seems that yes, that DOES indeed count.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
My completion bonus points are contingent upon the following task:
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG MasterCard. Which I have done. Anyone know how long it takes to show this task as completed? Does the MC statement need to close first? It has been almost three weeks since the qualifying stay.
Absolutely the statement has to close first. IHG doesn't get the data from Chase until after your statement closes.

Do you know what a "periodic sweep" is? It's when a company runs a special program that has to compare data from multiple databases.

In this case, IHG has to compare the reservations you completed (which it has its own record of) with the points you earned from the credit card for that stay (which ti doesn't have until Chase sends the data to IHG after your statement closes).

But they don't typically run such "sweep programs" every day. They may only run them once or twice during the whole promo period (they only seemed to run it once a few weeks after the promo ended a few cycles ago), or they may run them more often (they seemed to run it more often in the 1Q 2017 promo cycle).
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I'm in a similar situation as you and last time I asked in here and from other people asking the same question it seems that yes, that DOES indeed count.
Thanks Smiley90. We'll both wait in hope then.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:50 am

IHG app unavailable Sunday 6 August

So much for booking with IHG app to complete a task!! The app is unavailable!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Three "Early Achiever" 5000 points (Every 3 nights gets 5000 points, unlimited) posted to my account yesterday. The first email I got about this additional Accelerate bonus for completing the current Accelerate promotion early was on July 22. I completed my Accelerate on July 5th. I wish I knew exactly when this additional promotion picked up but there are no dates listed and I have a number of stays since I completed my Accelerate.
peripateticlife likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Kremmen

Additionally, an extra task has appeared on my Accelerate dashboard:
"1,500 - August Bonus Play - Stay once in August and get 1,500 bonus points."
terms.
I did not complete the June stay for 1k pts and now have this one in its stead as well; it also will not be accomplished.

On the other hand 6/8 tasks complete for 30K pts accomplished on (1) pts and cash stay (5Kpts + $30) and (1) paid stay for $50. Remaining is 'stay 5 times for 10K pts' but I'm done for this promo.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
For the "make X bookings with the app" challenge, do I have to book AND complete the stay before the end of accelerate?

Secondly, do award bookings count?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
For the "make X bookings with the app" challenge, do I have to book AND complete the stay before the end of accelerate?

Secondly, do award bookings count?
My app terms say the following

Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays are booked via the official IHG® App and consumed between 15 May 2017 and 31 August 2017 (both dates inclusive)
Assuming yours are the same the stay must be booked on the app and you must stay within the promo period

Reward nights aren't qualifying so they won't count unfortunately
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chrism20
My app terms say the following

Assuming yours are the same the stay must be booked on the app and you must stay within the promo period

Reward nights aren't qualifying so they won't count unfortunately
I had assumed as such but one can wish!

thanks a lot
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
For the;

Stay once in August and get 2,000 bonus points.

Does a stay that checked in on 31st July and checked out 1st August count?
Terms says it "must be completed between 1st August and 31st August inclusive ", not sure whether completed means check in and check out or just check out?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:54 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Just Listed!!! - 2017 Q3 Accelerate between September 1 and December 31.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2017

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.