Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 9:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Go back and read the Terms & Conditions of that Accelerate component very carefully, as I believe that one does require a booking during the promo period, but won't swear to it.
EARN WHEN YOU REDEEM
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after you make redemption for a Reward Night, merchandise, gift cards, digital download or other redemption experience. Must make your redemption and consume the redemption (includes Reward Night) - between 15 May 2017 and 31 August 2017 (both dates inclusive). Earn When You Redeem cannot be combined with any other offer. Visit Ways to Redeem for more information at www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/redeem-rewards. This Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.

Looks like you may be right!
Old May 20, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by markis10
Default accelerate for those with no stay history in recent times.
I'd just had 3 stays in 2 weeks to close out the previous accelerate challenge. The last two stays were on the final 2 days of the challenge. So I wonder what 'recent times' might mean.
Old May 20, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
To clarify - only nights completed within the period will count, even if it's a continuous stay that extends past it, correct? (e.g. if I check in August 30th and check out September 4th, not the whole stay will count but only the nights of August 30th&31st)?
Old May 20, 2017, 3:16 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I'd just had 3 stays in 2 weeks to close out the previous accelerate challenge. The last two stays were on the final 2 days of the challenge. So I wonder what 'recent times' might mean.
Only IHG would know for sure but I suggest they are looking at year vs year for the same period.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yurtripper
That sounds too recent. When I didn't complete my summer promo last year until fairly late in the promo, they repeated the exact same tasks for me in the fall promo as the summer promo. So it seems obvious to me that they stop counting stays at least a couple months before the next promo starts, or even more, to figure out how to structure your next promo.
Old May 21, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
The first night will count as a qualifying stay, but the second night will not. So it will not count towards the "weekend stay" task. I verified this with the IHG CSR since I am planning to use the Ambassador certificate as well.
For Q1 I had a "Stay Five Nights Get X" requirement, and my BOGO stay counted toward that. That could have been a fluke, and I wouldn't bank on it.

Originally Posted by irishjames23
If I book a room using Saphire reserve points will the room night count towards my accelerate promotion?
Probably not. Third party bookings generally do not count as qualifying stays.

On another topic, one of my tasks is to renew my Ambassador membership. Does renewal via points count towards this? I've checked the T&Cs and it doesn't explicitly cover this.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:41 am
GIJ

Programs: SPG Plus, AC Elite
Be the Readiest® by staying at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 5,600 bonus points.

Can they be the same HIE?
If stay 2 nights in a row, eligible? Thank you
Old May 22, 2017, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by GIJ
Be the Readiest® by staying at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 5,600 bonus points.

Can they be the same HIE?
If stay 2 nights in a row, eligible? Thank you
Needs to be different ones.

Stay at two HIXs rather than stay twice at HIX.

This one has caught a lot of people out in the past.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Q2 accelerate

We're 1 week into the programme now.

Has any one had points post yet or even flag up as completed?
Old May 22, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Stayed 1 night on May-15. Stay points posted. But nothing in "My Offer Status".
Old May 22, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I thought that it usually takes roughly two weeks after the stay is posted before the points show up in an account? Seems slightly early for the first batch of stays to credit.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Hoping to see a dashboard sweep this week so that 1 of my tasks plus the registration bonus show up as completed.

A reminder for those of you who have an "Earn When You Redeem" task. You don't actually need to lose any points from this task. Book a reward night for July or August (allow enough time for your dashboard to update, so don't make the booking for a few days from now). Once your dashboard updates because you've redeemed some points, and the points from the task then show up in your account a week or two later, cancel the reward night and get the points back.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jtpc
Hoping to see a dashboard sweep this week so that 1 of my tasks plus the registration bonus show up as completed.

A reminder for those of you who have an "Earn When You Redeem" task. You don't actually need to lose any points from this task. Book a reward night for July or August (allow enough time for your dashboard to update, so don't make the booking for a few days from now). Once your dashboard updates because you've redeemed some points, and the points from the task then show up in your account a week or two later, cancel the reward night and get the points back.
careful there, people need to check there own t and c's for the redeem task, mine states...Must make your redemption and consume the redemption (includes Reward Night) between 15 May 2017 and 31 August 2017 (both dates inclusive)

This is a change in the wording from previous promotions
Old May 23, 2017, 1:13 am

Accelerate Q2 Issue/Need Help Please

I was excited when I realized the accelerate promotion I signed up for on May 1st coincided with a 9 day stay I had coming up, so I re-booked (after signing up for accelerate) in a way that would meet nearly all the requirements in the first couple weeks and get me 38,000 bonus points. Once The accelerate banners started showing up (after I'd checked in) I realized it started May 15th, not May 1st when signup began.

In a stroke of irony my stay was May 14-23. Which satisfied 3 of the 6 requirements (most of the harder ones). And then I have a 2 night stay that will be second week of June that satisfies the easy ones. giving me 5/6 and the extra bonus as well.

How are these treated from past accelerate experience? Is May 14th disregarded and the rest of the days count meaning I still meet all requirements or is the entire 9 night stay thrown out because it started 1 day early? If it's the latter do I have any push by calling? I've only had luck getting 500 or 1,000 point courtesy credits when my welcome credits didn't post, or there was an error, never 30-40k point discrepancy. Thanks!!
Old May 23, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: some
Is there any way to confirm that my booking was done through the app?
While I know that it was, the Hotel was not aware and told me that there was nothing in their documentation (would be rather unfortunate as booking through the app is one of the things I need to do to hit my target).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.