Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:39 am
NKU

Programs: Qantas Gold / ROP Gold / RA Spire -IHG/ Diamond Hilton
Originally Posted by illesus
Hello, I don't see queen beds on the website - it says 'single beds'. I'd like to go there next summer and want to go w/ family (2 adults, 2 kids).
Hi there,

I think I booked the second lowest price at the time (with two singles bed).

I somehow got upgraded to two queens on the club floors with club access given.

please be reninded though that I am on spire ambassador, not sure if it got anything to do with the multiple upgrades.

I recommend to maybe give them a call!! They speak English very well ( which I am quite surprise) and they are super lovely people there. So I am sure they will be able to help you out!

I also recommend try to get a corner room to get both Sumida River and the rainbow bridge view. If you don't get it , you can see the view from the club anyway!

sorry for the late reply and good luck!!!

NK
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NKU
I think I booked the second lowest price at the time (with two singles bed). I somehow got upgraded to two queens on the club floors with club access given. ... sorry for the late reply and good luck!!!
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question! Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
IC Mark Hopkins San Francisco

IC Mark Hopkins San Francisco

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
We booked the cheapest room with two beds (two double bed standard) and a couple of days before arrival were upgraded to the next level (two double bed deluxe).

How are the rooms? A bit shabby, to my surprise (worn carpet, paintwork scuffed, marks on wallpaper). Bedside table inbetween two small doubles, desk and chair, mini bar plus a small cupboard housing the Keurig coffee machine. Bathroom was dilapidated (bath needed resealing, tiles hanging off). There was a small walk in closet opposite the bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad? Good - we were told at check in to drink the two $7 bottles of Evian and they would be replenished free of charge. Welcome tray of five fruits, more Evian and a tin of chocolate drops. Lovely Frette bathrobes in the closet. Good choice of capsules with coffee machine (decaf/regular coffee, breakfast plus herbal tea). We stayed for eight sleeps over Christmas and New Year and for the first three days complimentary mulled cider, candy canes and homemade cookies were served in the lobby. We were given a handful of Ghirardelli chocolates at turn down every night.
Bad - no pool or pay-per-view movies. Computers in the business centre commanded a $9.95 charge for 15 minutes use. No seating in the room so we had to sit on the bed. We were a family of three but the room was only set up for two (two mugs with coffee machine, two bathrobes, two pairs of slippers etc). The restaurant prices seemed very high. Breakfast was $40 plus tax plus tip so around £125 a day for the three of us. Christmas Day brunch buffet would have cost over $400 so we gave it a miss. My two kids are picky eaters so we ate out instead.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Our daily rate was $180 which I thought was reasonable for the festive season. Next time we are in town we want to try the IC SF on Howard St.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.