New RA rules after SPIRE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by markis10
Unless your folio includes stays at Candlewood and Staybridge
I'll have to take your word on that. I don't recall ever staying at one of those.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
I expire 30 April and am on 69-40-11
I Was not picked up in the end of Feb sweep and have not been picked up yet.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IThink
I expire 30 April and am on 69-40-11
I Was not picked up in the end of Feb sweep and have not been picked up yet.
They seem to have stopped the 2 month prior sweep so you would only be picked up at the end of March (plus a few days).
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:02 am

Ah thanks for the info, I am tempted to take the risk and leave it at 69 for the rolling year and see what happens rather than post another 6 for the end of April.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:36 pm

RA renewed

H All

My RA was renewed today on 69-40-11
All paid stays

So it doesn't look like 75, but with 40 IC nights maybe that was part of the formulae as well if there is any kind of revenue element. The 40 IC nights were all Europe or Asia (outside China and US) so all rather pricey in the £250 to £350 a night range.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:08 am
Suspended

Also just renewed. Must have met the top 1% criteria: way too many nights away from home.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Also just renewed. Must have met the top 1% criteria: way too many nights away from home.
I made RA for first time with a lot less than 60 nights. I had 30/5 ICs and all my nights, including non IC, have been between 300$-600$, and quite a lot of F and B as well.

Last edited by chrisljo; Apr 1, 2016 at 5:37 am
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
My current RA expires end of April 16, and I just got my RA renewed at 73 / 57 / 5.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
I renewed 31/03

66 nighs total

44 paid IC all around the world actually but pricy too
22 paid others (mainly CP 15 i guess and 7 HIX orso)
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Originally Posted by KrisflyerPPS
Well I've just been downgraded with 67/22/9 and have gotten nowhere with Ambassador Services. I might try with a letter to the Head of Ambassador Services at Denham but I think I need to switch to a program with slightly more predictable renewal criteria.
Paid for Amb status in March 2015 and became RA by end of November. My RA was up at the end of March. The stays in the last 1 year: 61 paid / 21 / 5 (I think no manual adjustment was required).
On March 31 I was automatically extended, but downgraded to an Ambassador.
Called the Amb phone line today and I requested a supervisor after CSR kept saying that only the top 1% is selected as a RA (probably slept through the last 3 yrs, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25215505-post119.html). The supervisor from Philippines claimed that she doesn't see that I ever was a RA (?!) and requested to forward the RA welcome email to her from early December. She promised to come back to me - waiting for it.
The worst thing is that I started to stay at ICs last year based on the RA exp feedback from this forum as I was annoyed by HH Diamond / SPG Plat experiences...

Last edited by illesus; Apr 6, 2016 at 3:41 pm
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by illesus
The supervisor from Philippines claimed that she doesn't see that I ever was a RA (?!) and requested to forward the RA welcome email to her from early December. She promised to come back to me - waiting for it.
Do you have an IC that you frequent that can check into it? KrisflyerPPS talked to the GM at his/her regular IC and he handled it.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by illesus
Paid for Amb status in March 2015 and became RA by end of November. My RA was up at the end of March. The stays in the last 1 year: 61 paid / 21 / 5 (I think no manual adjustment was required).
On March 31 I was automatically extended, but downgraded to an Ambassador.
Called the Amb phone line today and I requested a supervisor after CSR kept saying that only the top 1% is selected as a RA (probably slept through the last 3 yrs, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25215505-post119.html). The supervisor from Philippines claimed that she doesn't see that I ever was a RA (?!) and requested to forward the RA welcome email to her from early December. She promised to come back to me - waiting for it.
The worst thing is that I started to stay at ICs last year based on the RA exp feedback from this forum as I was annoyed by HH Diamond / SPG Plat experiences...
Appears that since February2016 IHG have reset the bar at 30x IC nights in the 60/nn/3 published goal, which is no longer published. At just 21 IC nights you probably will not get much joy from any review.

RA year is rolling 365days and you can requalify with stays spanning old+new Ambassador year periods. If you can stay 9x IC nights before your oldest IC nights drop off you can hit 30 IC nights to requalify.

Personally I think publishing the 60/20/3 minimum criteria was a mistake, as no doubt many IHGers/Ambassadors who were not RA's but already stayed enough to be close to the criteria jumped on the RA info with some extra IHG/IC nights to become RA with absolute minimum 60/20/3 nights, resulting in a spike of new RAs which forced corporate to review and increase the criteria to protect both RA program and RA benefits.

Last edited by scubaccr; Apr 6, 2016 at 8:24 pm
Old Apr 7, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Do you have an IC that you frequent that can check into it? KrisflyerPPS talked to the GM at his/her regular IC and he handled it.
The nights are almost evenly distributed between different ICs...
I had 9 IC nights in March 2015, which are now outside of 365 days.
Edited: Ok, most nights (9) at IC Chicago, will see.

Last edited by illesus; Apr 7, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Appears that since February2016 IHG have reset the bar at 30x IC nights in the 60/nn/3 published goal, which is no longer published. At just 21 IC nights you probably will not get much joy from any review.

RA year is rolling 365days and you can requalify with stays spanning old+new Ambassador year periods. If you can stay 9x IC nights before your oldest IC nights drop off you can hit 30 IC nights to requalify.

Personally I think publishing the 60/20/3 minimum criteria was a mistake, as no doubt many IHGers/Ambassadors who were not RA's but already stayed enough to be close to the criteria jumped on the RA info with some extra IHG/IC nights to become RA with absolute minimum 60/20/3 nights, resulting in a spike of new RAs which forced corporate to review and increase the criteria to protect both RA program and RA benefits.
We don't know, and will probably never know, how they determine the top 1%, and it doesn't matter anyway because RA is by invitation only. I really hope they keep it that way, if only to annoy the wannabes
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
We don't know, and will probably never know, how they determine the top 1%, and it doesn't matter anyway because RA is by invitation only. I really hope they keep it that way, if only to annoy the wannabes
Not sure opaque qualification requirements are a good thing given the broad level of (in)competence of most IHG/AMB staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.