New RA rules after SPIRE

Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Lifetime, would be nice!

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
you should be a RA lifer now, it's about time they give Lifetime RA to those that have earned it, say for five years. It makes sense from their perspective, the incremental cost of an upgrade, and a few drinks, and a movie is nothing, but nearly guarantees ongoing business, and loyalty from customers that utilise hotels a lot.
^^^^^^
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
^^^^^^
RA more than 10 years in a row here
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by nicolas75
RA more than 10 years in a row here
i sent a letter to Ruth Negus a few months back, suggesting among other things, that more than 10 years accumulative should be RA for life^

i believe it would be a win win, for both customers, and SCH.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Hyatt Globalist
The RA qualification requirements are again gone from the T&C section. Anyone know if they've changed it from 60/20/3?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kaix
The RA qualification requirements are again gone from the T&C section. Anyone know if they've changed it from 60/20/3?
Nothing's changed. It's by invitation, as always.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Kaix
Been some reports that 60/20/3 did not get some FTers RA status. Looks like might need 30nights in an IC, see the RA Renewal thread

You still need to be in top 1%, the 60/20/3 just disclosed the minimum before you'd be considered, without saying 60/20/3 would give you RA for definite
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:32 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
I was 'promoted' in Dec'15 with 60/20/5 via manual intervention to the call centre. This was valid through to my Ambassador expiry at end of June

Oddly I've just been renewed again until end of November. Perhaps its an auto mechanism tracking stays. I thought it was a little early for account check.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Been some reports that 60/20/3 did not get some FTers RA status. Looks like might need 30nights in an IC, see the RA Renewal thread

You still need to be in top 1%, the 60/20/3 just disclosed the minimum before you'd be considered, without saying 60/20/3 would give you RA for definite
Hasn't the top 1% always been a fob off rather than reality? In order to deliver that against a constant try changing backdrop the requirement could change on a daily basis which all the hard evidence from those being renewed suggests is not the case.

Perhaps the initial invite depends upon heavier triggers but requalification has always been bound by the 60/20/3 figures. I would like to see some tangible evidence that this is changed based on real renewal scenarios before everyone starts to get in a flap about this again as they did last year and in previous years, for no good reason it ultimately transpired.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:16 am

Got Royal Ambassador renewal until end of March 2017 on February 29th.

Ambassador year starting April 1st.
March 1st 2015 to February 29th 2016: 64 paid nights (51 IC, 5 different IC), 5 reward nights.
2015: Qualified by points and nights for Spire.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by cazane
Got Royal Ambassador renewal until end of March 2017 on February 29th.

Ambassador year starting April 1st.
March 1st 2015 to February 29th 2016: 64 paid nights (51 IC, 5 different IC), 5 reward nights.
2015: Qualified by points and nights for Spire.
based on those stats, wouldn't your Spire have been generated by exceeding the 75K points required, v the 75 nights?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just saw some new text on the site that says Royal Ambassador status is extended by invitation only to a small percentage of InterContinental Ambassador guests, based on the number of nights they have stayed during the past year.

But I can't see my RA expiration date anywhere. Where are you guys seeing it? All I see is Elite Status Expiration Date: 31 Dec, 2016 but that is for Spire, not RA.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I just saw some new text on the site that says Royal Ambassador status is extended by invitation only to a small percentage of InterContinental Ambassador guests, based on the number of nights they have stayed during the past year.

But I can't see my RA expiration date anywhere. Where are you guys seeing it? All I see is Elite Status Expiration Date: 31 Dec, 2016 but that is for Spire, not RA.
I see it on the Royal Ambassador Spire membership card in the IHG Android app.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by cazane
I see it on the Royal Ambassador Spire membership card in the IHG Android app.
Ah, ok. I see it in the iOS app too. But not on the IHG website.

But I noticed something bizarre with the app. Do you see the little lock next to the expiration date? If you push on it, it will lock and unlock. What the heck does that mean?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
based on those stats, wouldn't your Spire have been generated by exceeding the 75K points required, v the 75 nights?
Yes, getting Spire by points is pretty easy for me, and I got the required points before the 75 nights.
But for statistics, evidence or the fearsome it might be important, that I had 75 nights in 2015 but not my Ambassador year.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:17 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Ah, ok. I see it in the iOS app too. But not on the IHG website.

But I noticed something bizarre with the app. Do you see the little lock next to the expiration date? If you push on it, it will lock and unlock. What the heck does that mean?
Rotate lock, so that it stays on screen no matter which way the phone is moved.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.