Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:17 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by submonte
I renewed Amb today (expiry Sep) using the 200US option with 15000 points and 10% discount on redemptions.

Got a funny confirmation mail from IHG now with title "=?UTF-8?Q??=" and no contents in it.
Exactly the same happened to me... After a few hours a real confirmation came through.

HTB.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:23 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
another data point, fwiw:

My AMB expires Sep 30. Last year, sometime in Oct, I renewed online using points. The confirmation email came immediately but my online status remained the same.

A few weeks later, I called IHG and learned the renewal was never processed despite receiving that confirmation email. While on the phone, the agent processed the renewal and the points were deducted. The kit arrived a few weeks after the call.

While the new expiration remained Sep 30, the AMB cert carried an Oct expiration.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by bk3day
another data point, fwiw:

My AMB expires Sep 30. Last year, sometime in Oct, I renewed online using points. The confirmation email came immediately but my online status remained the same.

While the new expiration remained Sep 30, the AMB cert carried an Oct expiration.
I've learned to always wait until the last day (or day before expiration) to renew my membership-- which also expires on 30 September each year. As you get a BOGO certificate with a later expiration date. The one I got last year expires in November. I have to wait for my new packet to arrive and see when the BOGO expires on that one. One year, I renewed in August, and the BOGO expired in August the following year.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
I renewed my 2015/16 Ambassador membership with the $200/10% rebate option, and have done the same again this time. I already made some points reservations for 2017 even though my current membership year hasn't ended. I read on these forums that only points stays booked in the current membership year will get the rebate i.e. so I wouldn't get the 10% rebate next year. However, after emailing the Ambassador service desk a few times they told me that, since I have the rebate option currently, and will also have it next year, I will get the rebate. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I'm wanting to clarify to work out whether it's worth cancelling and re-booking the rooms, assuming there's still availability, once my 2016/17 Ambassador membership year begins.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by voodoofish
I renewed my 2015/16 Ambassador membership with the $200/10% rebate option, and have done the same again this time. I already made some points reservations for 2017 even though my current membership year hasn't ended. I read on these forums that only points stays booked in the current membership year will get the rebate i.e. so I wouldn't get the 10% rebate next year. However, after emailing the Ambassador service desk a few times they told me that, since I have the rebate option currently, and will also have it next year, I will get the rebate. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I'm wanting to clarify to work out whether it's worth cancelling and re-booking the rooms, assuming there's still availability, once my 2016/17 Ambassador membership year begins.
IIRC, your 10% rebate is valid for point redemptions for reward stays made within the 365 days after choosing that renewal option. And that it is not tied to your Ambassador year. Nor does it apply for all reward stays within that period (i.e. bookings made prior). However, bookings made within that time frame with the actual stay beyond it, also count. But you should get clarification from the Ambassador desk. In fact, I would e-mail them and not call the CS center.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
I've renewed my IHG Ambassador 8 weeks and 3 days ago but I still haven't received any of my Ambassador package. I recalled it only took 4 weeks last year; but 8 weeks????
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by virtualaris
I've renewed my IHG Ambassador 8 weeks and 3 days ago but I still haven't received any of my Ambassador package. I recalled it only took 4 weeks last year; but 8 weeks????
I've been waiting 10 months for mine
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
IIRC, your 10% rebate is valid for point redemptions for reward stays made within the 365 days after choosing that renewal option. And that it is not tied to your Ambassador year. Nor does it apply for all reward stays within that period (i.e. bookings made prior). However, bookings made within that time frame with the actual stay beyond it, also count. But you should get clarification from the Ambassador desk. In fact, I would e-mail them and not call the CS center.
When I emailed IHG they said:

You will receive 10% rebate for Reward Night stays booked for 2017 since your 2015 renewal was US$200.00 option, however you have to renew your status for the US$200.00
I thought I'd read on here before that wouldn't work, which is why I wanted to check. I guess based on what you're saying though I should get the rebate anyway because I made the reservation during the year since I renewed with the $200 option in 2015?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by voodoofish
I guess based on what you're saying though I should get the rebate anyway because I made the reservation during the year since I renewed with the $200 option in 2015?
That's correct. You will get 10% for all reward bookings made within the 365 days after renewing your membership using the $200 option, irrespective of when the actual stay takes place.

See also my post in the thread "Questions: Ambassador Renewal Options with 10% Points Rebate ..."

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by virtualaris
Where do you live? Renewed mine at the beginning of July (expired at the end of that month) and had the new kit (in Canada) by the end of the month, just over three weeks. Used points but still received 10K renewal bonus points, so cost me less than an award night at an HIX (and got an IC BOGO night too)! And my Plat status was renewed through to December 2017 even though I'd otherwise only qualify for Gold based on this year's stays/points.

If you haven't already, email Ambassador services to confirm your renewal went through properly.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:19 pm

It took 8 weeks after renewal for my package to arrive in Australia, which falls inside the expected delivery stated.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
That's correct. You will get 10% for all reward bookings made within the 365 days after renewing your membership using the $200 option, irrespective of when the actual stay takes place.

See also my post in the thread "Questions: Ambassador Renewal Options with 10% Points Rebate ..."
Can anyone confirm this is still accurate? TIA.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Troopers
Can anyone confirm this is still accurate? TIA.
I got mine back end November (AMB year Oct-Sep).

Description: AMB 10% REDEMPTION REBATE.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Am I correct in assuming that you did not renew Ambassador after September? Or are you still Ambassador?

Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:24 pm

Thanks. Do you know if you receive an additional 10% (20% rebate total) for having the credit card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.