Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by FFlash
Uh, I have overlooked this, now I start to catch the ball. Is this only for RENEWAL, not for new Ambassadors?
With a little math, actually renewal becomes "free"
I'm not sure if it's just for Ambassador renewals. When I first became an Ambassador, it didn't exist as an option. I think it became an option (for renewal) a few years ago. I kind of remember the only renewal options at one time being the regular one (for a dollar amount) or a second one (for using points).
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, Accor Plat, SPG/Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
IIRC, date of renewal to 12 months forward. Not the membership year. And if I understand others' experiences correctly, it is the date time frame when you redeem the award points which matters, not the dates of the award stay. I always renew with the 10% option; and when I first signed up for the 10% rebate option, I had no impending award reservations in the future. But I thought someone on this forum posted that they had made some award reservations before signing up for the 10% plan (and the stays took place afterwards), and those did not get the 10% rebate. I suppose if one found themselves in that situation, they could cancel and rebook.
Thanks for all the information.^
I booked 4 rewards night before one of the IC jumps to 40,000 points per night. Let's see when I can get the 14,000 points back.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
No renewal invitation

My Ambassador expires March 1. Ambassador status has not been showing on my account for some time. Last time I saw it was before I used my Weekend Cert at Christmas.

I have received no electronic or postal reminder.

Is that normal ....or just another example of the shambles the system is in?

Currently the value of AMB to me is debatable. With my travel profile I stay in locations where the IC upgrade is pretty shallow (Bangkok or Hong Kong), or where the upgrade value is tiny as in several Chinese locations, or where the Conrad equivalent as Diamond makes IC an unlikely choice - Bangkok, London, Singapore and much of China.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
My current Ambassador (and renewed RA year) is for the 12month period 1st September 2015 - 31st August 2016. My year has always ended 31st August, as I have not lapsed since I first signed up to the Ambassador program

Bit confused today, logged in to my IHG account today (27th Feb) and account page unexpectedly shows line on 26th February
"Royal Ambassador Renewal"

Rather odd, as end of February will only be 6/12 months of my current Ambassador year
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
My current Ambassador (and renewed RA year) is for the 12month period 1st September 2015 - 31st August 2016. My year has always ended 31st August, as I have not lapsed since I first signed up to the Ambassador program

Bit confused today, logged in to my IHG account today (27th Feb) and account page unexpectedly shows line on 26th February

Rather odd, as end of February will only be 6/12 months of my current Ambassador year
My membership year is between 1 Aug and 31 Jul, "Royal Ambassador Renewal" has appeared too. On the same or one day before the renewal line, I got an email informing that my RA pack had been despatched.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
At check-in at IC parklane London i was offered to renew my ambassador 150 USD which on my room folio was billed as misc. 90.44 UK GBP - would i be earning qualifying points for the full amount or minus VAT?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Dark Blue
My membership year is between 1 Aug and 31 Jul, "Royal Ambassador Renewal" has appeared too. On the same or one day before the renewal line, I got an email informing that my RA pack had been despatched.
No email about anything to me from IHG is received. Does not look like ttat is the reason

Also 4years ago IHG mesed up with my ra-pack sending, was sent manually twice and other lines in my account page for manual ordering/dispatchwas not RA Renewal
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Ambassador Renewal

A month ago, while making a booking, it gave me the option to renew Ambassador. I am RA, so was curious why I was given that option. But, I had always wanted to do the renew and get the 10% points rebate on redemptions. So, I chose the $200 renewal option and paid.

A few days later I receive an email from IHG stating that I get Ambassador free of charge as an RA and they are refunding my payment. I tell them that I don't want the refund, as I want to 10% points rebate. They apologized and said as an RA I am not allowed to participate in the points rebate program.

Of course I responded asking why my loyalty means I can't partake in benefits given to those with less loyalty. But, there was just a brush-off email sent in return.

Truly a bizarre situation where anybody but your best customers (top 1%?) can get this significant benefit.

Last edited by whimike; Feb 28, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:14 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5

same here , surely a glitch! still not received my amb pack from last year!!

RA exp now says Nov 2016 as opposed to Jul 16

Last edited by mitpat474; Feb 29, 2016 at 4:50 am
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
same here , surely a glitch! still not received my amb pack from last year!!

RA exp now says Nov 2016 as opposed to Jul 16
How / Where did you find your RA / Ambassador year Expiry Date ?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
How / Where did you find your RA / Ambassador year Expiry Date ?
On my Iphone app if you flip the phone it shows you a virtual RA card, shows th exp on there.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 4:29 am

When I renewed my Ambassador status in previous years , the progress bar/graph went to gold shortly after renewing. This year so far it has failed to happen. Has anyone else experienced a delay? Also double checking one stills gets gold automatically when renewing Ambassador?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My AMB expires 6/2015. But when I log in, there's a link allowing me to renew. There are 2 options-- $150 with 10K points credit, vs $200 with 15K points credit AND 10% off reward stays. A few questions--

1. If I choose to renew now, am I likely to receive the BOGO weekend certificate before my existing AMB expiration date of June 31?

2. I am under the impression that the 10% reward stay discount will stack with the 10% my Chase IHG credit card gives me, essentially giving me a 20% discount. Is this accurate?

3. Will this 10% discount apply to reward stays I already booked, but have not completed yet (from June to July)? The amount of points I spent on them is substantial.

Thanks
Bolding is mine. Does anyone know if it works like this?

You get 10% from the chase card and 10 % from the ambassador?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
Bolding is mine. Does anyone know if it works like this?

You get 10% from the chase card and 10 % from the ambassador?
Same question. Can anyone confirm that 10% stacks with the CC 10% rebate?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by greendx
Same question. Can anyone confirm that 10% stacks with the CC 10% rebate?
Yes, you do get the 10% bonus from AMB and Chase. They normally don't post the same day but within a few weeks for me anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.