Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by nicolas75
What for? Renovation?
"Annual cleaning and renovation", back open since Jan 9.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: Intercontinental RA, PC Plat, AX EX Plat, Priority Pass Elite
Yes it was closed for annual cleaning and renovation. I should have added that you could use the Wellness facilities across the road at the Pullman Schweizerhof Hotel. For me it was just not as good as the IC facilities that I have used in the past.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:32 am

Intercontinental Prague

IC Prague

What is your PC Status?
RA

What room did you book and what did you receive?
Booked room with lowest rate for 150 Euros. Received a two room suite without view.

How are the rooms?
I received the same suite at each time. Very nice. Eighties style. Bathtube has a jacuzzi function. Turn down service. Two rooms facing the inner courtyard. I prefer rooms facing the inner courtyard because they are more silent than rooms facing the street.
Here some pics:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....ntal-prag.html

What was your welcome gift?
A bottle of wine. Complete Minibar with sweets.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes, some fruits.

How was the club lounge?
No access

What was good?
Good located hotel. Safe car park. Very comfortable 80ties hotel.

What was bad?
Nothing.

Value for money?
Definitely for prague yes. The location is great.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
IC Hong Kong

IC Hong Kong

What is your PC Status?
RA

Booked superior junior suite, got deluxe suite.

How are the rooms?
Great 100 sqm suite, dining room, living room with excellent harbour view, bed room.
Bathroom with large jacuzzi (with a view) and steam sauna.

Bottle of Australien red wine, petit fours.

What was good?
Upgrade, view, staff.
Had an excellent (ableit pricy) steak dinner at the hotel restaurant.

Value for money?
Great value in Hong Kong.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental Praha - Prague

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest rate (Luxury week-end rate) with EUR 29 club access, and was upgraded to an executive suite with river view on club floor

- How are the rooms?
Much smaller than the suite I usually get (so called Premier suite)
Living room with seating area, desk, huge large flat screen TV with Bose audio + Nespresso coffee maker
1 bedroom with flat screen TV
1 bathroom with bathtub and separate shower + Elemis products
1 bathroom with WC and unrinal
Very large selection of international tv channels
Great view. Very quiet

- How is the exec. lounge?
Food selection has been improved ^
Very good service (when there is some staff )
Free wifi (I could get also the wifi connection from my room ^)

- What was good and what was bad?
Good
Warm welcome at reception
Location is perfect as always

Bad
Nothing

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, even with no club lounge upgrade for free as it was before.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Intercontinental Mark Hopkins - San Fran

Yes

2 Rooms booked
1 lowest rate king club room
1 Points redemptoon

- How are the rooms?
Connecting rooms excellent
1 King Club room (paid for)
1 Suite , points room upgraded, corner of hotel, RA Privs applied to suite. I was informed of this at checkin

- How is the cluib. lounge?
Offerings appear small but after a quick walk around the lounge you can find other offerings on different desks.
Breakfast, cocktails, sweet dreams, all good.
Coffee / water / soft drinks available all day

Good
Excellent welcoming at reception everything in order
club lounge
rooms, obviously an older hotel but all in good repair
nice welcome tray of fruit, water and the local chocs
Club lounge was actually upmarket, I realised I was the onlyone without a collar. A small moment of feeling uncomfortable washed away with a beer
Fantastic fresh pizza on room servie

Bad
Nothing

The points redemption to a full suite, with club access and all amenities is exceptional value
The club room was also fine, we didn't eat out for breakfast. As it was our first 2 nights in from london our bodyclocks were not yet allowing a long night life so some relaxed club drinks well recieved.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:42 pm

Intercontinental Grand Hotel Stockholm

IC Grand Hotel Stockholm

What is your PC Status?
RA

Booked with weekend voucher for 190 Euros for the first night. (Rate for the second night would have been 390 Euros) Received a two room Suite with partial view.

How are the rooms?
Designed two room suite. Very clean, fresh renovated, designer furniture.

Here some pics:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....and-hotel.html

Some sweets. Water. Welcome letter.

Fruit platter with strawberries, apples, grapes and pears.

How was the club lounge?
There is none.

What was good?
Because of swedish laws alcoholic drinks are not free in the minibar. Got free breakfast in the restaurant as compensation. (Had to ask for a compensation) Soft drinks and sweets from the minbar were free.

What was bad?
Receptionist and porter never greeted.

Value for money?
Definitely yes.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked lowest room category, got a Premier corner suite on club floor and lounge access.

When checking in, just went to main area, didn't see the Ambassador desk until I had already checked in. I'm under the distinct impression that they did not want to give me a suite, but was the only king bed available. I may have asked for club access in the comments section when I booked the room, but am not sure. Used new style Bogo for 1398+ for the paid night.

How are the rooms?
Nice enough room. Good sized living room, with desk, sofa and divan. Half bath in this room.

Not a very fully stocked mini-bar. At first thought only two mini-bottles of liquor, half sized Champagne and 2 beers. Later in drawers, found 6 more mini-bottles, and half sized bottle of red wine. Very minimal snacks. According to Club lounge attendant, snacks are not free for RA. Cookies and chocolates delivered second day.

How is the exec. lounge?
It was large, with a big deck, that I didn't get to explore. 4 computers off to the side. Cocktails from 5-7pm. Had a decent amount of food, but found some to have been out too long, and dim sum hard as a rock. I don't really drink, but did see JW Black and some other quality stuff out.

Nice fruits like pineapple, kiwi, strawberries and blueberries, plus some deserts, salad and such out. Easily dinner. Not a ton of service in the lounge, but certainly comfortable.

A pretty decent breakfast, as well. 6:30-10:30, I think. A nice cook to order menu, too. I had noodles with shrimp/bbq pork, and a Lobster Eggs Benedict. A huge piece of lobster (maybe an entire tail?), but part of it was still a little raw.

I had a very hard time giving my order to any of the Chinese women servers. I finally caught Joseph, and he was very helpful with a number of questions, I had as well.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Great upgrade
Lounge access
I'm under the impression that internet is free for everyone here.
Joseph in lounge was very helpful.
Breakfast is also free in Mercado. Not sure if for everyone, but they never even brought me a bill. They start taking food away on the dot at 10:30, though.

Bad:
No welcome letter. No fruit and water the first day. Didn't get delivered until the next day. No welcome gift. When I mentioned this to Joseph on my last day, he contacted Mabel Yang the loyalty manager, and they gave me a nice boxed IC coffee mug.

The hotel hallways, and sometime the room reeked of smoke. Complained about the room the first night, and they did a 3 second sanitizer spray.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

With a Bogo, a good value. Otherwise $240 per night for Shenzhen is pricey.

Final thoughts:
It is a nice hotel, and watching the poor employees wearing their Spanish inspired costumes reminded me of Las Vegas. The pool looks nice, with it's huge ship down by there, but I heard it was quite chilly.

The Spanish theme seemed a bit much for me. With the gaudy cobblestone carpet, to mirrored front next to the entry door. I looked at the room service menu and it seemed reasonable.

The bathroom in the suite is quite nice. A super duper Toto, with controls for about everything, including dryer. A nice big bathtub, and rainshower. Also had a killer deck with a rattan couch on it, with great views.

I came from the IC HKG Grand Stanford, and took the train to Lok Ma Chau on the MRT. Closer to the hotel, and I actually preferred entering here compared to Luohu entry. Taxi was 42 RMB. You have to walk outside, and take a couple of lefts around the building to find the taxi stand. Then take a right down a covered sidewalk to board taxis. No markings in English for this last part.
i stay this hotel many times as my 'weekend relax project"
as a RA, I book for cheapest corporate rate, they UG me to either Club room with pool view or somtimes Suite with club access (I choose regular club room normally instead of suite)
this hotel has superior facilities with very nice pool and many resturants.
however, I still think there are some improvements:
1. service is very inconsistant due to frequent emplyoee change (both hotel and resturant)
2. club room normally noise since local guest never obeserve club rules(business like conduct) and the club became kids; playground
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: AF Gold | LH SEN | Hertz #1 Gold | PCR Plat | IC RA
Exclamation IC Dusseldorf

Royal Ambassador

No

Prior to booking I contacted the hotel to inquire about upgrades and club access for RAs. It was the new year's weekend and I mentioned that it was also a special occasion for me and the Missus. Got the following reply from the Front Office Manager
...As a Royal Ambassador you will receive the following upgrades:

from a superior room to an executive room or club floor room
from a deluxe room to an executive suite or club floor room
from an executive room to an executive suite or club floor room
from a club floor room to an executive room with club floor access
from an executive suite to an executive suite with club floor access

No matter how you decide and which room category you will book
we would like to show you the different room and suite types upon check-in
in order to have you staying in your preferred room or suite...
Following this I booked a "1 KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL" for the 31st December and 1st January with a new format BOGO plus a reward night for the 2nd January as "SUPERIOR ROOM". After booking I passed my reservation details to the Front Office Manager, and got the following reply:
Good afternoon Mr. XXX,

I am really confident that you will truly enjoy your stay with us.
I have adjusted your reservations according to your request.
Please let me know whether you would like to stay in a suite on the highest floor with club lounge access which comes for an additional charge of € 55,- per night (total additional charge of € 165,-).
Atherwise I would like to privide you with a complimentary upgrade to one of our Executive Rooms with club lounge access.
I am looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Sincerely,
To which I said:
Dear Mr XXX,

Thank you very much for your kind e-mail and suggestion about room upgrade.
We will have a look at the suite upon our arrival and make a decision then.

Kind regards
Finally got to the hotel a bit late in the afternoon, and at check-in was told that I had been upgraded to an executive suite. I thanked the check in clerk, at that time the Front Office Manager noticed us and came to greet us briefly. (see more about the upgrade below)

- How are the rooms?
The executive suite was on the top floor, decent size, but no actual view. One separate sitting area (sofa small table and desk), the bedroom, big bathroom with bathtub and walk in shower, separate dressing. 2 Flat screens a Nespresso machine.

The lounge was quite good, nice selection off food and drinks. You could easily have a small lunch or dinner.
Staff was very professional and polite, I recall coming for breakfast with my laptop and being handed an internet code without even having to ask for it.

Good
In general the lounge and lounge staff.
The concierge.

Bad

- Housekeeping
No gift. Only 1 set of toiletries in the bathroom, disappointing for a suite. Every night the bed was prepared with 2 sheets covering the mattress, quite frankly I had never seen this before I am surprised that they did not have sheets with the appropriate mattress dimensions. It is quite uncomfortable to sleep in a mattress in which each half is covered by a different sheet. Housekeeping was in general poor. On the 1st night the minibar was not refiled, the toilet bin was not emptied.
We had a decaff with the Nespresso on the 1st night, and on the following day the "decaf" capsule missing had been replaced one with a different color (regular coffee)???

- Room Service:
The room service line seemed to take forever to pick up a call. On the 1st night I tried to place an order and because there was no answer, I called "Instant Service" instead. They took my order and said that they would relay it to room service. After waiting for almost 1h I decided to call again, only to find out that room service never received the order, as a result there was an additional 30min waiting (quite disappoint way to spend new year's eve). Order now, get your food next year...
On the last night I ordered "Penne with pesto and roasted pine nuts" and was quite surprised to be served pasta without one single pine nut.

- Beer passed the "best before date" at the lounge
I was half way trough my beer at the lounge when I noticed the best before date, the picture below was taken on the 1st January 2011
http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=948ac0969957.jpg

- The front desk staff
Even tough I booked a club room our keys wouldn't give access to the club lounge, I had to come down to have it corrected.
On the afternoon of the 2nd day (15h30) we got back from a walk in the city, headed to the Club lounge only to find out that we no longer had access. At the front desk I was told that because my 3rd night was a reward night, I was not entitled to any benefits. I replied: It is 15h30 and I am entitled to a late check out, so basically this still counts for the "normal rate night", then the clerk agreed to exceptionally call the lounge and ask them to let us in for drinks... We then went to the room, and the keys wouldn't open the room either. Had to come back down again...

- Holmes Place
No free access fro RAs

- No points credited
At least 1st night of the BOGO rate should count as qualifying night (still have to complain about this). With the double points promotion this would have been 6000 points.

- The upgrade. Where is the double upgrade for RAs?
Actually at check out I was asked to pay the additional € 55 per night mentioned by the Front Desk Manager in one of his e-mails. Even tough I had replied thanking him for the complimentary upgrade and expressed my intention to visit the suite upon arrival (before accepting the upgrade at additional cost).
I had been making an effort not to complain, but this was the final drop. I said that I wouldn't pay for any additional fees, the Front Office Manager came and I explained the same thing... He removed only the € 55 extra for the free night of the BOGO and didn't want to reason on anything else. When I brought up some of the issues during the stay (like being denied benefits on the 3rd night), he gently suggested that we was making up with excuses to avoid paying for the additional cost.
I do not like to make scenes, so just paid and left. After getting home I swore never to go back there again.

BOGO rate of € 279 for the 1st night, additional cost of € 110 brings the full 3 nights to € 389. With this kind of service and issues the average price of € 130 per night is way to expensive.
For business I will just try out the HI nearby.
For leisure, even with the BOGO or reward nights I rather go somewhere else, where the service is according to standards.

A colleague of mine told me that he also had a bad experience at IC Dusseldorf, so I guess that it was not just bad luck...

Last edited by Plancktos; Jan 22, 2011 at 12:28 pm
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
IC Cleveland

No. I stay regularly at the IC Suites and while it is not the best hotel, it is comfortable. I decided to splurge on the regular IC to check it out. Never again. Check out my many dozens of reviews of ICs around the world -- it is indeed a rare experience where I pan an IC experience. Sometimes I'm just lukewarm, but they really had to work hard to piss me off.

Booked a deluxe room. Got a deluxe room. Upon asking why it's a regular room, was told that it's on the Club Floor. They don't upgrade to suites but were happy to sell me. Big whoop.

- How are the rooms?
Disappointing. Feels like I'm in a hospital or morgue

It was closed, so they were set up in a hospitality lounge (Falcon room) downstairs, which had a decent spread, but is a bit weirdly laid out. Evening "snacks" were minimalist. Booze was OK. "Tea" was silly. Breakfast I didn't try.

* I got there and wanted to just drop off my luggage and continue. Told they'll keep my car there but as soon as I turned around they parked it. Took 35 minutes to get it back because they had some hip-hop convention there disgorging. It was ghastly. Oh and parking was $24, vs. $16 at the other IC. And the other IC will park 2 cars instead of one.
* I wrote an email to [email protected] which is what they had on the list. BOUNCED. Bloody hotel doesn't even post a correct email.
* I had a breakfast-inclusive rate. Was told that it was free up to $40. Had one breakfast. Left a $4 tip. Charge of $8.61 showed up on my bill. Asked and was told that they charged me tax. ...?
* Lousy upgrade and absolutely no friendly greeting nor sympathy about the lousy treatment.
* No free Internet.
* Minibar is pretty good.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
* Had a weekend rate which was half the normal price. Even at this price it was not worth it.
* Nope, I will not return. Which is a shame for them since I stay in the area once a month.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
[QUOTE=Plancktos;15706351][B]-

Sorry to hear you dislike the hotel/had a poor experience. With respect, there is no "double upgrade" rule: the upgrade is to an "Executive Room or Suite". RA benefits don't apply for reward nights.

HOWEVER, you should have been informed of the additional charge upon check in. I wouldnt have paid the extra- was it stated on the keycard wallet/arrival form? Definitely an issue for a Duty Manager if the F/O Manager won't play ball.

The room service issue is v bad, and again, you could have kicked up a fuss- so I think the hotel is being unreasonable.

Housekeeping- again, it should be right, but not worth a complaint IMHO- but it sets your stay in context.

Quite poor- I hope it's not a sign of things to come at the IC Dus.

Thanks for the detailed review ^
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: AF Gold | LH SEN | Hertz #1 Gold | PCR Plat | IC RA
[QUOTE=IAMORGAN;15707428]
Originally Posted by Plancktos
[B]-

Sorry to hear you dislike the hotel/had a poor experience. With respect, there is no "double upgrade" rule: the upgrade is to an "Executive Room or Suite". RA benefits don't apply for reward nights.

HOWEVER, you should have been informed of the additional charge upon check in. I wouldnt have paid the extra- was it stated on the keycard wallet/arrival form? Definitely an issue for a Duty Manager if the F/O Manager won't play ball.

The room service issue is v bad, and again, you could have kicked up a fuss- so I think the hotel is being unreasonable.

Housekeeping- again, it should be right, but not worth a complaint IMHO- but it sets your stay in context.

Quite poor- I hope it's not a sign of things to come at the IC Dus.

Thanks for the detailed review ^
Indeed I should have been informed of the additional charge upon check-in.

After a few days I sent a detailed complaint by e-mail to the Front Office Manager, he still didn't assume the hotel's responsibility on the mistake at check-in, and said that the extra charge was indicated on the check-in form which I had signed:
http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=5d1ac9294de8.jpg

Honestly I got there a bit late, and I was not about to read anything, I just signed what they asked me to sign. For all I know the handwritten 55 EUR charge could have been added to the form after I signed it.

The correct way to do things would have been to offer to show me the suite at check-in, like I had requested by e-mail. At least the check-in lady should have said "you have been upgraded to an executive suite at an additional cost of 55 EUR per night", whereas I distinctly recall she mentioned only the upgrade.

In addition the Front Office Manger said in his reply to my complaint that his staff had not denied the extra benefits on the afternoon of the 2nd day. What am I a liar??

I am well aware that there are no benefits on reward nights, that is why I didn't make a fuss when they denied them (I didn't go for breakfast or use the lounge on the 3rd day). However if you pay an additional charge to keep a higher room, then it is no longer a reward night is it? and you should keep the benefits that come with the higher room.

It was a nightmare to forget... and never return there.

Cheers
P
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:36 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I emailed IC Duesseldorf re upgrades and was informed:

"For an Royal Ambassador we have following opportunities:

You book: Superior Room - and get an upgrade to Executive Room
You book: Deluxe Room - and get an upgrade to Executive Suite
You book: Club Room - and get an upgrade to Executive Suite

The highest category you will be upgraded to is Executive Suite. We do not offer upgrades to the club level."

Seemms slightly different to Plancktos was told - from my information there should have been no extra charge for the suite.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
InterContinental London

InterContinental London

What is your Priority Club status?

Very

Booked classic room for 2 nights (Sweet Dilemma Free Nights) was upgraded to a 1-Bedroom Suite with balcony overlooking some of London's most famous landmarks. (London Eye, Big Ben & Westminster Palace) - This worked out to be a 5 level upgrade on a reward night!!)

How are the rooms?

1 Living Room & 1 Bedroom, plenty of wood panelling and overall fairly good design and furnishings.
Living room with seating area, coffee table, work desk & Bang & Olufsen TV built into the wall. Balcony with table & 2 chairs with fantastic views over London!
Bedroom with another Bang & Olufsen TV in the wall and similar wood panelling & with Bose audio dock. Bed was very large and comfortable and windows with great views over London.
Bathroom was very nice with bath, separate shower, good finishings and Elemis products.
Good selection of TV channels & Movies.
Mini Bar was very well stocked with champagne and plenty of spirits and snacks. (All complimentary INC snacks)

How is the exec. lounge?

Had to pay £60 + VAT for the lounge but was undoubtedly worth it.
Breakfast was extremely good. Full continental buffet and you can also order from an a la Carte menu with lots of options (Full English breakfast / Eggs Benedict / Kippers / Pancakes / Waffles and much more!)
Afternoon tea was very tasty and plentiful. Finger sandwiches included Smoked Salmon, Cucumber, Egg Mayonnaise & Ham & Mustard. And of course there were scones, jam and cream along with other helpings of cakes and pastries.
Evenings offerings were canapés (Brought fresh to your table) with plenty of champagne and alcohol.
Lots of staff offering very good service. You never have to leave your table as they would bring you anything you wanted.
3 Apple PC's and Free wifi.
Superb views

As it was my birthday, I received 1 full size bottle of Moet in an ice bucket, a very very tasty birthday cake, 3 Apples, 1 full size bottle of water, 2 small bottles of water, a box of Duchy cookies, a bowl of strawberries, a box of Thornton's chocolates and a personally signed welcome note from the GM.

Yes, 3 Apples on the first day.

Good

Hotel lobby & bar looks great after renovation.
Location is very good.
Duty Manager personally came out to welcome me and thank me for my stay and to insist if there was anything i needed then to just get in contact with him.
Fast check in. Check out in the club lounge took under a minute and mini bar charges were taken off bill without me having to ask.
Welcome gifts and amenities were excellent.
Upgrade was incredible. (Big thanks to guest services for that!!)
Club Lounge was one of the best I have been in (Food & Service)
Service throughout the hotel was excellent.
Spa was beautiful with a real modern contemporary design. Had a 30 minute massage which was also very good.
View from the room.

Bad

Well if I had to choose anything at all it would certainly be picking due to the good points, but anyway here we go:

I had to ask for the mini bar to be refilled after the room had been made up. (But in fairness this was done within 20 minutes of me asking)
Internet is not free and was £15 for 24 hours. (I always find that a bit of an annoyance)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

Amazing value for money seeing as it was a reward night. A £700 per night suite on points with full RA benefits given. Even with having to pay for Club Lounge and Internet this was an absolute bargain!!

Would you return?

In a heartbeat!...already booked up to go again for a weekend in March.

Pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5869154...7625892363130/

Last edited by Goonerfish; Jan 23, 2011 at 7:21 pm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

Originally Posted by nicolas75
What is your Priority Club status?
RA

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Booked cheapest room and received a Premium room with club access

How are the rooms?
Pretty large (41 sqm)
Junior suite setting: large seating area, comfortable bed, large dressing, marble bathroom with separate stalls for the shower, large bathtub. Elemis products
Very elegant neo 1930-1950s decor
Impressive Philips HD flat screen television with Bose system (with good selection of national cable television channels)
Not so impressive Philips IPod dock
Kettle for tea
No free wifi in the room

How is the exec. lounge?
Elegantly designed: seating area, 2 PCS with free Internet and printer
Free wifi
Free Ipad ^
Healthy breakfast and evening meals (vegetarian tapas and cheese, plus some appetizers du jour). Afternoon tea
Very friendly staff

Good:
  • Very central location, in one of the most exclusive parts of the city
  • Rent a bike station next to the hotel (you can get a compulsory bike helmet at the concierge)
  • Small but pleasant indoor pool (with view!!)
  • Elegant hotel

Bad:
  • The room is facing the outside atrium next to the building, which make the room very dark, with no view and no privacy.
  • As there is no corridor between the door and the room, you may hear doors from other rooms slamming
  • Internet in the rooms at extortionate price
  • Not a single foreign television channel (except for BBC Worldwide and CNN International).

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes.

Would you return?
Great hotel in great city

Video
Video added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.