FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2011)
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:03 pm
vsevolod4

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
IC Cleveland

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
No. I stay regularly at the IC Suites and while it is not the best hotel, it is comfortable. I decided to splurge on the regular IC to check it out. Never again. Check out my many dozens of reviews of ICs around the world -- it is indeed a rare experience where I pan an IC experience. Sometimes I'm just lukewarm, but they really had to work hard to piss me off.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a deluxe room. Got a deluxe room. Upon asking why it's a regular room, was told that it's on the Club Floor. They don't upgrade to suites but were happy to sell me. Big whoop.

- How are the rooms?
Disappointing. Feels like I'm in a hospital or morgue

- How is the exec. lounge?
It was closed, so they were set up in a hospitality lounge (Falcon room) downstairs, which had a decent spread, but is a bit weirdly laid out. Evening "snacks" were minimalist. Booze was OK. "Tea" was silly. Breakfast I didn't try.

- What was good and what was bad?
* I got there and wanted to just drop off my luggage and continue. Told they'll keep my car there but as soon as I turned around they parked it. Took 35 minutes to get it back because they had some hip-hop convention there disgorging. It was ghastly. Oh and parking was $24, vs. $16 at the other IC. And the other IC will park 2 cars instead of one.
* I wrote an email to [email protected] which is what they had on the list. BOUNCED. Bloody hotel doesn't even post a correct email.
* I had a breakfast-inclusive rate. Was told that it was free up to $40. Had one breakfast. Left a $4 tip. Charge of $8.61 showed up on my bill. Asked and was told that they charged me tax. ...?
* Lousy upgrade and absolutely no friendly greeting nor sympathy about the lousy treatment.
* No free Internet.
* Minibar is pretty good.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
* Had a weekend rate which was half the normal price. Even at this price it was not worth it.
* Nope, I will not return. Which is a shame for them since I stay in the area once a month.