FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2011)
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:49 am
Plancktos

Programs: AF Gold | LH SEN | Hertz #1 Gold | PCR Plat | IC RA
[QUOTE=IAMORGAN;15707428]
Originally Posted by Plancktos
[B]-

Sorry to hear you dislike the hotel/had a poor experience. With respect, there is no "double upgrade" rule: the upgrade is to an "Executive Room or Suite". RA benefits don't apply for reward nights.

HOWEVER, you should have been informed of the additional charge upon check in. I wouldnt have paid the extra- was it stated on the keycard wallet/arrival form? Definitely an issue for a Duty Manager if the F/O Manager won't play ball.

The room service issue is v bad, and again, you could have kicked up a fuss- so I think the hotel is being unreasonable.

Housekeeping- again, it should be right, but not worth a complaint IMHO- but it sets your stay in context.

Quite poor- I hope it's not a sign of things to come at the IC Dus.

Thanks for the detailed review ^
Indeed I should have been informed of the additional charge upon check-in.

After a few days I sent a detailed complaint by e-mail to the Front Office Manager, he still didn't assume the hotel's responsibility on the mistake at check-in, and said that the extra charge was indicated on the check-in form which I had signed:
http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=5d1ac9294de8.jpg

Honestly I got there a bit late, and I was not about to read anything, I just signed what they asked me to sign. For all I know the handwritten 55 EUR charge could have been added to the form after I signed it.

The correct way to do things would have been to offer to show me the suite at check-in, like I had requested by e-mail. At least the check-in lady should have said "you have been upgraded to an executive suite at an additional cost of 55 EUR per night", whereas I distinctly recall she mentioned only the upgrade.

In addition the Front Office Manger said in his reply to my complaint that his staff had not denied the extra benefits on the afternoon of the 2nd day. What am I a liar??

I am well aware that there are no benefits on reward nights, that is why I didn't make a fuss when they denied them (I didn't go for breakfast or use the lounge on the 3rd day). However if you pay an additional charge to keep a higher room, then it is no longer a reward night is it? and you should keep the benefits that come with the higher room.

It was a nightmare to forget... and never return there.

Cheers
P