Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Warsaw Archive Thread (prior to January 01, 2011)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 6:24 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Could you please do a favour and email RA customer service to determine validity of their claim? Or advise when you asked and I will email both hotel and RA cs. (Of course, in Warsaw the cost of a cab to the airport is only a few Euros, hardly a bit amount.)
I asked the night before checkout and got told that the Lounge does not take care of booking transfers, go see concierge! So I went down and she was happy to arrange it for me, but she did not know about an offer.

So next morning I asked again during check-out (right after the "And as a RA you expect us to take away your mini bar charges...") and she said, I don't think we do any free transport. Me asked her to check and she called someone and came back with the answer "I talked to my supervisor and he said it's not longer valid".

It's not that I don't mind paying 50 Sloty for it (or take the bus) but that lady really was the most unprofessional one I had in years (not to mind the only time she every smiled or said good morning was when her boss was sitting next to her signing welcome letters).

I wonder why sgz had no problems (maybe it's the fact that I look 25 while beging 40 not the typical business person)...

I noted this stuff on the "feedback card".
Old May 8, 2007, 7:20 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by sven60035
I asked the night before checkout and got told that the Lounge does not take care of booking transfers, go see concierge! So I went down and she was happy to arrange it for me, but she did not know about an offer.

So next morning I asked again during check-out (right after the "And as a RA you expect us to take away your mini bar charges...") and she said, I don't think we do any free transport. Me asked her to check and she called someone and came back with the answer "I talked to my supervisor and he said it's not longer valid".

It's not that I don't mind paying 50 Sloty for it (or take the bus) but that lady really was the most unprofessional one I had in years (not to mind the only time she every smiled or said good morning was when her boss was sitting next to her signing welcome letters).

I wonder why sgz had no problems (maybe it's the fact that I look 25 while beging 40 not the typical business person)...

I noted this stuff on the "feedback card".
Maybe I have shocked the whole staff with the real facts, that they had cancelled the service
Old May 8, 2007, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
always print out your ambassador e statement. I told the staff that yes its still valid, they told me it wasnt, so i printed out my e statement and showed it to them and they appologized. For the first 3 days at the lounge there were another staff very attentive and professional, but i agree with all 3 RA who stayed there that the staff wasnt anything special and not very happy.

PS: I got 2 big flowers sent up to my room, and they refilled my minibar every day, +i had free snacks but i had to call since i was in the residence suites floor, 20th.

And... i got a 7 PM checkout!

Last edited by thesimflyer; May 8, 2007 at 1:33 pm
Old May 9, 2007, 4:42 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
My standard room for a 3 days stay starting this afternoon has just been upgraded to an Executive Junior Suite Club. Very nice ^
Old May 9, 2007, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I generally pick up a pack of tickets at the news kiosk and catch the bus in from the airport. My previous departures have been too early in the morning to walk and wait for the bus... It may have been the desk clerk asked about the free limo transfer to the airport confused it with the limo service that used to be offered by ICs and not this particular special. I will still bring my printout along later this month. Wonder what they'd say if you book the cultural event limo transfer to go to the Palace of Culture?
Old May 10, 2007, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
My standard room for a 3 days stay starting this afternoon has just been upgraded to an Executive Junior Suite Club. Very nice ^
I hope you are now enjoying the nice suite with great views and hopefully you will have club staff that does not resemble my dragon lady....
Old May 10, 2007, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
the only time she every smiled or said good morning was when her boss was sitting next to her signing welcome letters
They always struck me as a cheerful and extremely helpful crew. With so many intent on maximising their benefits, perhaps this lady was suffering RA fatigue
Old May 10, 2007, 2:30 pm

Every time I was in the lounge it was the same person (beside Sunday night, where there was a friendly and helpfull lady present).

During the checkout "And you expect us.." and "We don't do free transport.." I told her that she undercharged me because 1 restaurant bill was missing.
She was adement that that is not the case despite me counting to her that one was missing and asking her to verify with the restaurant the charge. She refused and said, no Sir we charged everything.

I need a full bill and not a partial bill but I stopped arguing, signed the bill and left.

And today, I found that the IC has charged another charge to my credit card, the amount is the missing restaurant charge. Now I can run back to the IC to get an amended bill.

She really was dragon, I think I actualy complain to the hotel manager now..

But you are right, the other staff is friendly, helpfull and a joy.
Old May 10, 2007, 3:07 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Every time I was in the lounge it was the same person (beside Sunday night, where there was a friendly and helpfull lady present).

During the checkout "And you expect us.." and "We don't do free transport.." I told her that she undercharged me because 1 restaurant bill was missing.
She was adement that that is not the case despite me counting to her that one was missing and asking her to verify with the restaurant the charge. She refused and said, no Sir we charged everything.

I need a full bill and not a partial bill but I stopped arguing, signed the bill and left.

And today, I found that the IC has charged another charge to my credit card, the amount is the missing restaurant charge. Now I can run back to the IC to get an amended bill.

She really was dragon, I think I actualy complain to the hotel manager now..

But you are right, the other staff is friendly, helpfull and a joy.
It seams, that you don´t have my luck with the check-out agent as I had. I had this only at the IC Praha, when they first told me, that the Internet was free and then after 2 weeks !!! they charged it on my credit card, without any bill !!
Old May 18, 2007, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
My stay is next Friday but this afternoon received an email from the Concierge -- well personalized version of a "form" email -- welcoming me and offering access to the concierge site containing various travel tips, along with link to email him directly with any questions, special requirements. Can't recall getting such an email from an IC property, though recall a couple from St.Regis'...
Old May 19, 2007, 3:40 pm

I got the same (?) email about 1 week before my last stay there. Haven't reecived it before previous stays. Maybe it's a new service??

Originally Posted by Shareholder
My stay is next Friday but this afternoon received an email from the Concierge -- well personalized version of a "form" email -- welcoming me and offering access to the concierge site containing various travel tips, along with link to email him directly with any questions, special requirements. Can't recall getting such an email from an IC property, though recall a couple from St.Regis'...
Old May 20, 2007, 6:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, PC RA, Hyatt GP Diamond, GoldPoints Gold
Excellent stay

two nights, Fri & Sat;
first night paid and second on voucher; nice upgrade to Jnr suite with Club access; late checkout at 1800
however, no free limousine transfer as per website offer.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nikita
...however, no free limousine transfer as per website offer.
I had no problem having this offer honoured. Checked at the desk on Saturday evening, showed printout offer and made a booking for 3p next afternoon to get me to the airport. Didn't have to argue or anything... Very nice stay last weekend, no issues with the lounge attendants.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 8:45 am

Programs: Intercontinental Ambassador
I must say that the Warsaw Intercontinental as a hotel is one of the better IC. But some of the staff are like chameleons. The majority are exceptional at what they do and no one can fault them, but the moment you start to passing above the 40th floor to the club lounge it all starts to change. It starts off with a host in the club louge that is usually courteous when checking in, then after 4pm (I Believe its shift change) the most snobbish and on occasion rudest staff come into being. It may just be my experience, but I have stayed in Warsaw Intercontinental over 20 times in the last 18 months and it never ceases to amaze me. Then again it could be me.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 8:50 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by marek-uk
I must say that the Warsaw Intercontinental as a hotel is one of the better IC. But some of the staff are like chameleons. The majority are exceptional at what they do and no one can fault them, but the moment you start to passing above the 40th floor to the club lounge it all starts to change. It starts off with a host in the club louge that is usually courteous when checking in, then after 4pm (I Believe its shift change) the most snobbish and on occasion rudest staff come into being. It may just be my experience, but I have stayed in Warsaw Intercontinental over 20 times in the last 18 months and it never ceases to amaze me. Then again it could be me.
I have only stayed about 10 times at the IC Warsaw as a Royal Ambassador. But I can definitely echo your sentiments. I love the IC Warsaw, most of the staff are great, but I have also had some poor experience with the staff in the Club lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.